• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** March Mummies *** 29 Boys, 34 Girls, 8 Team Yellow! 46 babies born!!

well just had 2nd sweep--since wednesday's sweep and doctor visit i have gone from 1 cm to 3 cm, which is nice. a bit more effaced but not much--baby still high and not engaged (i'm apparently doing things a bit backwards from the normal drop, efface, dilate--instead i'm dilating, effacing and hopefully dropping sometime!). anyways--sweep today was more intense...she said she was gonna sweep the crap out of it--and she did--twice she went in there.

April 3 is set for induction if baby doesn't come--that will be 41 weeks 4 days. she would prefer us to induce closer to 41 but we'd prefer closer to 42 without going over...so that's where we ended up.

here's hoping the sweep works! :)

Ohh isn't 4cm considered active labor?
So 1 more cm!!
You must be happy you are at least dilating.
How effaced are you in % ?

Good luck!!:hugs:

Lilly, on wednesday 2 days ago i was about 50% effaced, today she said i was a bit more...but not much. so i'm guessing between 50-60%. i'm thinking positive about this sweep...i mean it felt like her fingers were in my stomach--ouch, but she promised me she couldn't reach that high! i don't want to get my hopes up too high but i'm going to think positive. we went for an hour walk after the sweep. no bleeding this time but some snot like mucus that was brownish was there after our walk. we are going to :sex: tonight too....get a good buildup of prostaglandins going! :)

i don't know what active labor is for dilation etc...i should look that up. i know women can sit at 3 cm for a long time but she said my cervix is so ripe she's got her fingers crossed for us.

ooh good luck membas :D

Well im contracting regular at the moment, ive managed to sleep through them upto now but its now 4:30am and i cant sleep any longer!

Although I feel awful and cant stop coughing (lol) I really hope this is it!!

Ooh, good luck Anababe hope this is it and it doesn't drag on for you. Good luck with a sucessful Home Birth as well.

Membas, hope the sweep is sucessful and that you pop before the 4th.

Come on babies time to come out now...

good luck everyone, no sign of my baby yet!!! sweep booked for next friday so i hope little one gets moving before then xxx

Hi Ladies, goodness its been a while! I did manage to post in PALS but B&B keeps freezing up on me?

Anyway, my bump arrived and he's a beautiful boy! He was born last Sunday 20th March weighing 8lb 1oz at 8.38 pm.

We have named him Harry George and we are besotted!

Love to you all and for those still waiting big hugs, i know how your feeling, i really thought my time would never come! xx

I went to have one night with my mom at her hotel and have DH watch David and sure enough starting that yesterday night around 930pm I started having pretty painful contractions with bad back pain. went swimming with my mom for 1 hr and then showered then tired watching a movie still very very uncomfortable ended up timing contractions around 2am and eventually ended up waking my mom up due to the pain and they were coming every 5 minutes got to the hospital just before 6am still contracting every 5min went in and they check me I am 3cm dilated got check again around 9am still 3cm was sent home then returned to hospital after bloody show still having contractions every 5 minutes and then they stopped and sent home again. took to benadryl to hopefully get some rest...back up now with contractions every 3 minutes still really bad back pain questioning if I should go back in....crying and trying to breathe through them right now Last time I was a the hopital today I was 3cm 70% effaced and baby -2

I went to have one night with my mom at her hotel and have DH watch David and sure enough starting that yesterday night around 930pm I started having pretty painful contractions with bad back pain. went swimming with my mom for 1 hr and then showered then tired watching a movie still very very uncomfortable ended up timing contractions around 2am and eventually ended up waking my mom up due to the pain and they were coming every 5 minutes got to the hospital just before 6am still contracting every 5min went in and they check me I am 3cm dilated got check again around 9am still 3cm was sent home then returned to hospital after bloody show still having contractions every 5 minutes and then they stopped and sent home again. took to benadryl to hopefully get some rest...back up now with contractions every 3 minutes still really bad back pain questioning if I should go back in....crying and trying to breathe through them right now Last time I was a the hopital today I was 3cm 70% effaced and baby -2

Wow, sounds like you're having a time of it, hope things get moving along for you hunny x

sammy--:hugs: i hope things really progress and get moving for you. really hope this is it...with bloody show i would think things are really on their way. hang in there!

good luck sammy hope you start progressing soon, fx this is it xx

Just a quick update........ mt baby girl finally arrivved 11days late on 19th March (supoermoon baby as i thought!!!) very traumatic.

Had been having period pains on the friday in my back all day then got up to go to bathroom 6am on sat and i felt what i thought was my waters breaking i got to the bathroom and it was bright red blood and lots of it....... rang hospital who told me to come straight down hooked up to monitor and i knew something wasnt right from midwifes face she done an internal and my waters were still in tact i was 2cm dilated she sent me straight to high dependency so they could induce me, when there they broke my waters and there was meconium in them and the trace on baby wasnt great, the drs came in and befor i knew it i was rushed into theatre, the spinal hadnt had chance to fully work and i felt so much pulling an tuggin not what i imagined at all.
when she was born she had the cord around her neck twice and her feet, they said she would never have arrived naturally........ along with that the bleeding i had at home was my placenta had ruptured, and the cord had detached from the placenta, the surgeon told us if we had got to theatre much later she would not be here.
she truly is our little miracle after 5yrs ttc ivf and this.
Eva weighed in at a very healthy 8lb 3oz me and dh are so in love :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: and cant keep our eyes off her our perfect little angel :cloud9:

congrats. sorry it was so traumatic but glad you and baby are okay now.

Rosie glad everything worked out - sorry it wasn't the birth you'd hoped for.

Hoping lack of updates from Sammy mean things are moving.

Baby Lydia arrived yesterday morning after a very quick and unexpected birth! Born at 11:03 am weighing 7lb10oz. Delivered by myself in the pool as MW's hadnt got there in time, they arrived few minutes after Id caught her. Only rang them to come out as I felt I needed some gas and air the contractions were getting very intense, waters went in the pool whilst my doula was on the phone to them and Lydia was here within 15 mins.

Shes feeding well and is absolutely gorgeous! Ill get my full Birth Story up soon with pictures :)

Good luck to all the march mummies left! :hugs:

xxx

Baby Lydia arrived yesterday morning after a very quick and unexpected birth! Born at 11:03 am weighing 7lb10oz. Delivered by myself in the pool as MW's hadnt got there in time, they arrived few minutes after Id caught her. Only rang them to come out as I felt I needed some gas and air the contractions were getting very intense, waters went in the pool whilst my doula was on the phone to them and Lydia was here within 15 mins.

Shes feeding well and is absolutely gorgeous! Ill get my full Birth Story up soon with pictures :)

xxx

crikey !!!!!! congratulations i would have been scared to death , glad you had your doula x

xxx

WOW Simone you delivered by yourself! I cannot even imagine doing that! You are amazing! Glad all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->