Marital Status - has it affected the way people treat you?

I'm 26 and married. I look quite young though and people are often surprised when I tell them I'm married. I moved at 21 weeks and registered with a new GP and I noticed today that they have me on their system as Miss. I'm very firmly a Ms and fail to see how they got mixed up between the details I put on the form when I registered and the computer system :dohh:

This happens A LOT. I think people have a mental block with the title Ms! Like it's not really an option and I must be mistaken putting it on a form! Next time I go in to see my MW I'll be making a stink about it :rofl:

I do not wear my wedding band it does not fit. But, I have noticed that with my eldest I was not married and you did get a few looks, most of when I chose his name (it was on his crib card in the nursery).

I chose his fathers last name and it did not match mine... which I regret. I would of given him my maiden name. But, we were engaged and it was about 4 years at time of his birth.

Im not married and really, i dont care what people may think about that, Its not that i wont get married, its just that i have been before and i didnt really like it, my partner became somebody else and yes i probably am scared that it may happen again but until im ready i wont be forced. Im perfectly perfectly happy just as i am, both of us are, though i know he would love to get married sooner rather than later. I dont expect any negativity regards my being unmarried and if i had any shown towards me i would certainly challenge it.

I've been married for 4 years and when ever i sign up for anything like on saturday me and hubby went into a store to buy a few baby clothes and i signed up for a baby catalogue and they always say is it 'miss' and i'm like NO MRS, i'm only 25 but been told on many occasions i don't look it atall

I havent had any funny looks/comments or anything. I find that in London people generally dont give you a blind bit of notice unless its to shove you out of their way. People definitely keep themselves to themselves a lot more.

i don't wear rings and my title is actually Dr so you can't really tell if I married and I don't give a stuff what people think anyway!!
I definitely get treated differently if I use my academic title though. I look quite young for my age, so it confuses people. Which is fun.

We're not married, but we have been together for 8 years and we get closer every day. We don't want to get married for a few years... we are not religious so we want our wedding to be something for all our little family to take part in and enjoy when we are ready and feel we have enough money to do it in the way that we want. I want it to be special for us and not something that we HAVE to do because we are having a baby. It's also something for us to look forward too.

I haven't noticed anyone looking at me funny, I think in this day and age people aren't as bothered about it and are more open and believe each to their own... but I could just be blind lol.

I'm not married, im 24 and known my partner since i was 8, however i have an 18 yr old sister that looks older than me, and i do get alot of looks off people when im out and about. i dont really care what people think now, but it used to really upset me at first!!!

I am married and 23, been married for nearly two years (gosh thats flown by lol!) and together five years. We bought our first house at 20 years old, and got engaged after a year of being together. I must look old for my age because everyone always assumed I was married before I even was!

I think it did make a difference to be honest i look pretty young probably late teens but i am actually 25. I always always get looks when i am out on my own with my LO and when i was pregnant, if hubby is with me its a completely different story!

I really hate it and if i feel people are giving me looks for being young and single (im not) then i make a point of talking fairly loudly to my LO about when daddy will be finishing work etc

I'm not married, I have a ring that I wear on my 'wedding ring finger' & people often presume OH & I are engaged but that is up to them..

We were in Asda one day with my mum & at the till there was this old man helping to pack, my mum told him we was having a baby & he was like are you even married? urmm no. Well you best get her up the aisle & make an honest women out of her! .. LOL

Found so far midwives in Lincoln are lovely, but the ones in Leicester are awful for judging.. my 16 week appointment I went to doctors in Leicester & the midwife decided because I'm having prenatal care in Lincoln & Leic I need two lots of notes, so she was filling in details & when it came to asking about bumps father she said 'If you know who that is' I raged at her.. & now I refuse to see her!

xXx

I'm not married, I have a ring that I wear on my 'wedding ring finger' & people often presume OH & I are engaged but that is up to them..

We were in Asda one day with my mum & at the till there was this old man helping to pack, my mum told him we was having a baby & he was like are you even married? urmm no. Well you best get her up the aisle & make an honest women out of her! .. LOL

Found so far midwives in Lincoln are lovely, but the ones in Leicester are awful for judging.. my 16 week appointment I went to doctors in Leicester & the midwife decided because I'm having prenatal care in Lincoln & Leic I need two lots of notes, so she was filling in details & when it came to asking about bumps father she said 'If you know who that is' I raged at her.. & now I refuse to see her!

xXx

That is absolutely awful! Im shocked!

Well I'm not married, and since my daughter was born, people have ragged on me a bit, someone asked me mom if I loved my baby, and if I was bonding with her. Another asked my mom if I was doing my part in taking care of her. Someone asked my sister if anyone else was losing sleep besides me. I overheard the last one and blurted out "Its kinda hard to breastfeed and not spend a ton of time with them. Its a very bonding experience, then again what would you know about it"
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->