~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s:Logan 09/17/2003 & Liam 09/28/2012
EDD: 09/27/2003 & 10/04/2012
Number of elective Caesareans: 1
Number of emergency Caesareans: 0
Number of vaginal births: 1

I really should have joined this thread sooner! I have had 2 full term preganncies. With my first I was induced due to PIH that they were concerned would progress into PreE. I was able to fully dilate after 8hrs but then had 2hrs of pushing and little guy actually went backwards. He started showing signs of distress and my nurses thought for sure I would need a c-section. My Dr. decided to deliver via forceps. I was glad he was delivered safely, but his birth was horrible! I had an episiotomy and a 4th degree tear. DS#1 weighed in at 8lbs 14oz and had a head circumference of 14.25in. I think he was just too large of a baby for my body to birth naturally.

With DS#2, I found out at 34 weeks that he may be breech. An ultrasound at 35w confirmed this. My Dr. assured me that most babies will still flip after 35w and that he had plenty of fluid to do so. Well at 37w 4d, he was still breech and I had to decide whether to have a ECV or elective c-section. I talked to a couple of people who had chosen the version and they said that it was a horrible procedure. This combined with knowledge of my first delivery, I chose the c-section (although I secretly hoped he would turn before my surgery date). My son was delivered via c-section at 39w1d. He was footling breech and weighed in at 9lb 6oz with a head circumference of 15in! My Dr. said that I made the right choice delivering c-section, that he was a very large baby and he would have had trouble turning him and being footling breech, he would have been at higher risk for cord entanglement. I know that c-section was the right choice for me, but at times I wish that I was able to at least attempt a vaginal delivery.

I would love to have a third baby in a couple years and I am hoping that if this happens I will get a chance to try a VBAC.

Hi everyone
I had an unplanned csection after my labor stalled at 6cm dilated
I had a tough time with it as I felt a bit robbed of my birth experience however I'm so grateful to have a beautiful healthy boy!!
My recovery has been very tough. I'm 11 days pp ad feel like I've really regressed. The other day I was moving around really good compared to the last week. But I woke up with a good line of blood in my undies from the incision and have a small amount of secretions from it now. I've started to feel the internal pulling pains again as tough I'm going to rip open the wound when I get out of bed. The incision still looks good, is not red and does not smell so not thinking infection however I really feel like I've lost a lot of confidence in my recovery time and am nervous about how long it's going to take to get somewhat back to normal. Dh goes back to work next week so I'll be alone all day and I'm scared I won't be able to do everything I need because of my lack of healing.

This was my first baby and I pray for a vbac the next time; never want to go through this again

Awww hon I hope you start getting back on the path to recovery soon.
Definitely call your dr if things don't seem right.
I remember having some days I felt really good and then others I thought I would NEVER be normal again.
I do remember the bleeding coming and going... it would seem to be gone and then it would come back.
Just trust your instincts. Try to rest when you can and don't do any heavy lifting and make sure you follow your dr's instructions regarding stairs, driving, etc.
And congratulations on your little boy!! :flow:

Hi everyone
I had an unplanned csection after my labor stalled at 6cm dilated
I had a tough time with it as I felt a bit robbed of my birth experience however I'm so grateful to have a beautiful healthy boy!!
My recovery has been very tough. I'm 11 days pp ad feel like I've really regressed. The other day I was moving around really good compared to the last week. But I woke up with a good line of blood in my undies from the incision and have a small amount of secretions from it now. I've started to feel the internal pulling pains again as tough I'm going to rip open the wound when I get out of bed. The incision still looks good, is not red and does not smell so not thinking infection however I really feel like I've lost a lot of confidence in my recovery time and am nervous about how long it's going to take to get somewhat back to normal. Dh goes back to work next week so I'll be alone all day and I'm scared I won't be able to do everything I need because of my lack of healing.

This was my first baby and I pray for a vbac the next time; never want to go through this again

Sometimes when we start to feel a bit better...we do too much & end up back at square one!
Dont push yourself, youve had major abdominal surgery & now also have a new baby to care for.
Another point to make is that csections after a labour are harder to recover from than planned csections, take care & take it easy (as easy as u can with a new bubs!) X

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Amelia Ann Kathleen Gear/ 8th of July 2012
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0
Hello ladies i'm Eloise! I after 2 weeks of slow labor and countless hospital visits I thought here we go again as we left for what I thought would be another pointless visit. Her heartbeat was 175-205bpm which clearly wasn't ok. I was hooked up to the monitor for 13 hours before they told me I needed a emcs to save my daughters life. I had 15 minutes to talk to my mum and partner and get my head around the fact I was going to be a mum. I was crying and didn't feel ready or prepared and on top of that I was now going to have major surgery and was petrified. I honestly have never been so scared in my life. The spinal was the worst bit for me, it hurt so bad I passed out 3 times, but i'm sure the fact I was in shock and shaking like a leaf did'nt help. I healed up really really well and was running by 6 weeks pp. Me and my partner are thinking of ttc late next year but i'm a bit nervous, Due to how traumatic i found the birth i suffered PTSD and PND. It was horrible and i'm so scared of feeling that way again! And after my csection anything surgical terrorfies me. Needles the most because of the spinal. I want a vbac but i'm nervous about uterine rupture, what are the risks? I heamoragged at 6pp if that makes any difference :) !

Eloise - I've been reading about te risks of rupture too but haven't found anything concrete yet. From what I understand, it varies depending on the incision (horizontal vs vertical), whether or not you've had previous vaginal births, and that if you're a good candidate for a vbac that the risks of a repeat c section are there as well
I plan on discussing with my OB at my 6 week pp checkup as I'm still not sure why my labor stalled and therefore don't know if I'd be a vbac candidate or not
I know I would be scared of the uterine rupture risks( which I read is 1% or less) but am terrified of recovering from another c section in the future with another LO

I've heard a lot of varying information regarding vbacs and rupture... When I was pregnant with #2, my dr said that vbacs are very risky (I forget if she quoted a number) and advised that I have a repeat csec. I was fine with that. But I trust my dr more than any statistic, anyway. She knows my particular situation best and I trust that she has a good handle on what's best for me.

As for the recovery-- My recovery from my 2nd section, a scheduled one, was MUCH easier than the recovery from my first. I think it was due to a lot of different factors. The main thing was that I got up and walked right away. It also helped that my second was planned and my first wasn't.
My point is, each recovery will be different, just like every pregnancy is different and every baby is different. :)

Hey ladies :)

I had my son via emcs 13/12/11. I think te reason was failure to progress. His head never engaged and he was just too big I think. He was 9lb 15 :)

I've recently found out I'm pregnant again and I'm so scared! I just don't know what to do for the best. I was devastated after my section, I felt like such a failure and I don't want to ever feel that way again. Thing is if I try for a vbac and my baby is as big as last time what if I'm putting him/her at risk just to make myself feel better? Or what if I let that fear push me into another section and this baby is only 7lbs and I could have given birth?

Gah! There's still 30 weeks to think about this and my head is already spinning :-(

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Have you spoken with your OB regarding vbac? I'm still a couple of years from a 2nd LO however have the same feelings you do about the c section and am really hoping for a vbac next time if I can. At the same time think I'd be torn about the possible risks

good luck; hope u get your vbac :)

Hey ladies :)

I had my son via emcs 13/12/11. I think te reason was failure to progress. His head never engaged and he was just too big I think. He was 9lb 15 :)

I've recently found out I'm pregnant again and I'm so scared! I just don't know what to do for the best. I was devastated after my section, I felt like such a failure and I don't want to ever feel that way again. Thing is if I try for a vbac and my baby is as big as last time what if I'm putting him/her at risk just to make myself feel better? Or what if I let that fear push me into another section and this baby is only 7lbs and I could have given birth?

Gah! There's still 30 weeks to think about this and my head is already spinning :-(

i was told that a vbac would be for my 2nd baby but unfortunately my little boy had other ideas. Here the hospital encouraged vbacs over repeat c-sections :)

My mw said a vbac is safest providing my bp and the size of the baby are ok at 36 weeks but it'll be whatever the consultant advises then basically.

I don't know when I'll see a consultant to talk about it though. Will it just be at 36 weeks or will I see a consultant before then because I had a previous section? I didn't see a dr at all last time until the day my son was born so this is all new to me :dohh:

I am almost 4 months pp after having my second child (and second c-section) so am here more about the emotional healing after. I was wondering if anyone else has/is/will be dealing with the disappointment of never having a vaginal birth?

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Jayden Samson Layele, 7/25/2013
EDD: 8/3/13
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

Too tired to post my birth story, but basically my membranes ruptured and I never went into labor. 24 hours of Pitocin later, I ended up with a C-section. It was not technically an emergency because my little guy was not in any distress, but it wasn't something I planned or wanted--not by a longshot. I was planning an unmedicated water birth. I had a perfect pregnancy. I believe the section interfered greatly with breastfeeding which has caused all sorts of problems for us. This has broken my heart. I have PPD pretty severe, which I believe is both hormonal/physiological and situational. I don't know that I will ever be strong enough to try for another baby knowing I now have a 30-some percent chance of a repeat section and an even higher chance of PPD again. Of course the possibility of uterine rupture is terrifying. Who knows how I'll feel in a couple of years but right now I'm just shattered.

i felt like you did. I felt i hadn't given birth properly and got given the easy way. My milk didn't properly establish after 3 weeks which resulted in bottle feeds and i believe i did suffer ppd to an extent due to these thoughts and my daughter had reflux.... BUT one day it just clicked for me that - it doesn't make me less of a mother for bringing my child into the world the was she did. It didn't stop me loving her with all my heart. There is always a chance that baby #2 will be a birth you dreamed of :) my son was born 2yrs after my daughter by another c-section (wanted a vbac) and the feelings 2nd time around are totally different. Yes i was disappointed but, my daughter who is now such a clever child proves to me anyway that it is not how your child enters the world that determines your child, its your skills as a parent. Those skills seem to appear as if from nowhere after your baby is placed in your arms for that first time. My son is now almost 11months and he is the happiest little boy i know :)

it does get better :hugs: its just getting over those mental blocks which keep you believing you have 'missed' child birth. Also, a c-section is no walk in the park as you know.

I am almost 4 months pp after having my second child (and second c-section) so am here more about the emotional healing after. I was wondering if anyone else has/is/will be dealing with the disappointment of never having a vaginal birth?

Hi hun. I've just had my first baby, a little boy :cloud9:, but after failure to progress and swollen cervix I had to have a c section and was then told not only would I only ever be able to have a c section, but I'm also only able to have one more kid, (we had our hearts set on three or four). I'm so heartbroken. :'( I wanted a normal birth so bad. My little man was 9lbs.1oz. And his head was 14 inches. So a big boy.

Oh gosh, I was wondering where this thread went!

Well, I'm pregnant with #2! DD and #2 will be 3.5 years apart. Going for a VBAC though it was EXTREMELY difficult to find an OB/GYN who would practice them. They're banned in most Florida hospitals. I'll have to drive almost an hour for appointments but if there's even the slightest chance I can, I'll do it!

congrats! it's so strange that they'd rather you have a section than a VBAC where it's the opposite here. Hope your 2nd little one behaves for you and lets you get that VBAC

Is anyone else awake? I'm due to have planned section in morning after Emergancy section on my daughter and terrified. Transferred care to a different hospital just to get one certain consultant who had agreed to make sure everyone went smoothly this time and the midwife at my booking yesterday has said I was put on someone else's list and may get transferred to a different hospital. He knows probs with my low blood pressure and low pulse rate so only feel safe with him. Need to calm down but so scared xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->