~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

well- the only reason i didn't have natural labour last time was because pixie was un-diagnosed breech :dohh: i was near fully dilated too!! not sure if there is anything i can do to prevent that this time haha i'll get a scan at 37 weeks though

Oh wow, fx'd you'll get your vbac this time and baby gets in the right position :thumbup:

:wave: hello skyesmommy21! x

well- the only reason i didn't have natural labour last time was because pixie was un-diagnosed breech :dohh: i was near fully dilated too!! not sure if there is anything i can do to prevent that this time haha i'll get a scan at 37 weeks though

Oh wow, fx'd you'll get your vbac this time and baby gets in the right position :thumbup:

:wave: hello skyesmommy21! x

hello :) :hi:

Hi everyone. I spose I'll share my experience with a c-section as well. About a year ago, I was induced (big mistake) at exactly 40 weeks after absolutely, positively NO contractions. In the hospital, they gave me only prosteglanden gel on my cervix to dilate it; I never made it to the pitocin/oxytocin stage. Then, all of a sudden, my DS's heart rate went down, they brought it back up, but then told me I could not progress with labor and I was taken to surgery. I was heartbroken. I'm so happy that my DS is well and happy, but I became very depressed over this and, to a degree, I still am. After coming home, I did not produce any breastmilk; I mean, not a drop. :cry:

I now feel like all of my pregnancies will need to be c-sections, and even though I always wanted multiple children, I don't want to have them this way. I was always told by my mother that I was "built for breeding" and am so sad that that is not to be. :cry: Nothing happened the way it was supposed to; no contractions, no labor, no pushing, no breastmilk.

I'm sorry to be a downer, but every time I try to talk to my DH or my mother about it, they basically tell me to just get over it. I hope the other posters on this site will understand what I went through and am still experiencing. Thank you for listening :flower:

Hi, hon. :hi:
I think the way you feel is very common. You'll find lots of ladies here who have had a similar experience.
:hugs:

Hey everyone ...

Been just over 7 weeks since I've been on here, I had my little amazing boy on 28.08.12 at 08.06am by e c section. I bonded with him straight away and he breast feed really well, however Im finding it really hard to come to terms with what happened during my labour I've kind of blocked it out of my mind to deal with it.

But my son is happy and healthy , so I try to concentrate on the positive. At 7 wks my scar has still not healed :( so exercise is still a no go ... Think i may look at a few more posts on This thread to give me some positive vibes ;)

Oh I really need to change my "pregnant icon"

I gave birth to Robyn on 11th October 2012.

She was breech, and I had an elective section booked for the 16th, they wanted her to arrive before her due date of the 26th as I had GD, and would not induce a breech baby. However the doctor who booked me in for the ELCS said if I went into labour naturally then I could give birth vaginally.

Then my waters broke out of the blue on the morning of the 11th. No contractions before hand, just a bit of backache. When I arrived at hospital they monitored me, and we soon realised the backache was really contractions, they were coming so quick (never more than 5 minutes between) that I hadn't realised.

The doctor in charge that morning strongly recommended against a natural birth even though the doctor I spoke to before said I could go for it. But I didn't want to put my breech baby in the hands of someone that wasn't confident of delivering her safely so I agreed to have the section done that day.

So I spent the day in labour, it was horrible because they didn't offer me any pain relief for hours. And they kept insisting on monitoring baby so I spent long periods flat on my back. I was so scared with not knowing when I would be taken for theatre. And knowing I wouldn't be giving birth naturally I just wanted the pain to stop.

Then around 4:30 in the afternoon, a load of doctors descended on me and took me into theatre. It went pretty quickly and once I was in there I wasn't scared, just relieved that I would finally be meeting my little girl.

She was born at 4:58 pm weighing 6lb 14oz, completely healthy. We did bond well, but breastfeeding didn't get off to a great start (combination of things including meds, small nipples and an overly sleepy baby I think). We're still struggling with feeding now, nearly 3 weeks later. But I'm determined to get there.

I suffered really badly with baby blues, it hit me around a week after Robyn was born, and mixed in with that I sometimes feel like an inadequate mother because I failed to give birth to her the way I wanted and I failed to feed her the way I wanted. But I'm feeling better day by day.

Sorry that turned out so long!

Congrats to all the new mums! and welcome :wave:

well - as some of you may already know, i didn't get my vbac :( however my little Xavier is here and he's just perfect :cloud9:

Hi, girls. I had my c-setion last Sunday, November 25. My twins were born at 29+5 due to pre-term labor. I never planned on having a c-section, but Twin B was breech and the doctors in the NICU said that breech preemies don't recover as well, so I chose the c-section over a vaginal birth.

My physical recovery has been great. The first four days were pretty hard, but yesterday and today I haven't needed anything for the pain as there hasn't really been much. My bleeding has been incredibly light - Monday was like a period, and every day since then I've barely had enough to wear a pad. My milk came in just fine on Tuesday with no problems and I've been expressing since then, as the girls are in the NICU.

My emotional recovery has been a bit rockier...I was fine until I left the hospital, and everything has kind of been downhill from there. The mixture of not seeing or feeling the birth and having the babies taken away almost immediately made things feel a bit unreal, and it wasn't until Wednesday night that it finally hit me that I'm not pregnant anymore. I've been having a hard time coming to terms with the sudden end to my pregnancy, made harder I think by the manner of birth and the "absence" of my girls from my everyday life.

I don't plan on having any more children for at least 4-5 years and I would love to have a VBAC, but I think as long as my next baby is full-term and will be able to come home straight away, I won't be sad to have another c-section. :flower:

thought i would introduce myself!

Name - Rachel
EDD's - 09/09/09 and 03/11/11
DoB's - 03/09/09 and 04/11/11
Planned c-section - 2
Emergancy c-section - 0
Vaginal birth - 0

My twins were born via c-section due to the complicated position my daughter was laying in. I was told if i even attempted a natural birth to get her out my pelvis would had to have been broken to get her out and would more than likely break her back, the safest option was a section.
My youngest was a planned VBAC my external scar was none existant at first they didnt believe i had had a section (until they read my hospital notes lol) everything was looking great, until 38 weeks, was taken into hospital due to non movement in 32 hours. hooked up to a monitor everything looked fine. midwife made a comment about her feeling very small and me carrying alot of water. was fine to go. just about to leave consultant stopped me and said she had 'concerns' about baby. having a feel of my belly she said she felt tiny and with lack of movement added to her 'concerns'. her advice - wait until term, if natural labour doesnt start then another section. had to go in to be monitored four more times under strick instructions from consultant. each time she mentioned her concerns i think in a way to scare me into agreeing to the section. in the end i agreed section. little lady was born not breathingand blue :cry: scary thing.
she was 'tiny' in size but not in weight lol she fit into newborn clothes with heaps of room but still weighed 7lbs 8oz if they had known this they wouldn't have had concerns about her size :dohh:

only problem is now due to things happening during both sections i am now scared of having another section in the future. (lost lots of blood both times, BP dropped dangerously low both times lower the second time (59/27!) being sick, loss of conciousness etc) i am seriously petrified another section will be the end of me but i want another baby lol.

things 'seem' to have healed well again (can just make out a scar this time lol) PMS cramps are a little worse after my sections (even now a year on from my last section!) do you think 'when' i next get pregnant i could push for a vaginal birth due to my new found phobia of c-sections?

how are all your c-section scars now? x

hi LoolaBear welcome :)
i didnt have a very good experience with my CS, but after having a meeting with the anaesthetist and consultant about my fears and worries from last time im feeling a little bit less stressed about the possibility of having another one, Im really hoping for a vbac but not getting my hopes up too much.
Seems like your scars heal really well mine is still very visible even after 2.5 year!
Hopefully your consultant would let you try again for a vbac if you tell them your worries, ive read about lots of ladies on here who have had a successful VBA2C.

x

thank heidi.

I would like to try for a VBA2C in the future but know that my consultant will try her damned hardest to put a stop to it as she did say (after i signed the consent forms the second time!) that i wouldnt be able to go for a vaginal birth after my second section.
im worried about a vaginal birth as well :wacko: but no where near as worried about another section. my worries about a vaginal birth are just that im scared i will rupture and these worries only come from the fact that my PMS cramps happen right along my scar and are intense compared to how they were before my sections it makes me worry that my scar is thin and weak :haha:
no where near as bad as the fear im going to die if i have another section lol.

i am thinking about going to a different hospital next time though so that may help.

i hope you get your VBAC. x

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Logan, 26/11/12
EDD: 15/11/12
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

Logan was born 11 days overdue via EMCS after going into labour spontaneously. He was a big boy and got stuck on the way down and came into distress.

My scar healed nicely and I couldn't believe how small the scar is! I also couldn't believe that I was up and walking the day after!

I struggled for a couple of weeks after that I didn't have a vaginal delivery as I felt that I didn't 'give birth' to my son, however, I have now realised that it couldn't have been helped and who cares! I tried my best and I have the most beautiful boy from it!

welcome Blake thanks for sharing its amazing how quickly you can be up and mobile again after surgery like that isnt it!

well ladies i had a 2nd emcs on boxing day my birth story is in my journal link in Sig.
feeling fine about it this time and had a much much nicer experience minus a bleed they couldnt find during surgery!
x x

Hi ladies I'm new on this chat. I just went into premature labor maybe 2 weeks ago and delivered my daughter via c section last Wednesday at 29 weeks gestation . She's doing great in the nicu. This is my second section but the first was so long ago... 7 years. How long did the bleeding last for you all? Did it ever turn pink then red again but still small in amount? How long did the pain last? I take Motrin in the dAy and Vicodin at night to keep me comfortable. I was also wondering how long we're you guys weak and exhausted. Please help...

I remember with my first, the bleeding lasted like 5 weeks? I remember it had just gone away and then come back with my first regular af right before my 6 week checkup.
Then this time with my second, I think it was maybe like 3 weeks? And it would sometimes get lighter and darker...
I don't remember feeling weak or in pain for very long. Honestly I felt pretty good by the time I left the hospital this last time.
I know with my first it was longer and the dr sent me home with some pain pills and I ran out too soon.
So I think it really varies from pregnancy to pregnancy.
Could the vicodin be making you sleepy even if you only take it at night?

Congratulations! I'm glad your daughter is doing so well.
Hope you start feeling better soon.

with the EMCS i felt like i'd been hit with a truck but with the ELCS i felt great - i only stayed one night in the hospital and they were happy for me to go home as i was wondering around like i'd had a normal vaginal birth instead of major abdominal surgery :haha:

speaking of which, here's my scar 8w PP
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/temporary-43.jpg

your scar looks amazing! mine always stays really dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back