~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

:wave: welcome chasemanzmum.

SLCMommy, i had horrible sickness too only started to feel better a couple of weeks ago, hope it doesnt last too long for you :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: Was there anything that made you feel better? When is your due date? I'm due March 6th :) :cloud9:

:wave: welcome chasemanzmum.

SLCMommy, i had horrible sickness too only started to feel better a couple of weeks ago, hope it doesnt last too long for you :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: Was there anything that made you feel better? When is your due date? I'm due March 6th :) :cloud9:

I'm due 26th December!
I went through stages of eating allot of carbs and nothing else it was all i could stomach when i did eat. to begin with orange juice helped subside it in the mornings but as soon as i found some thing that worked i was off it again!:dohh:
I'm still having to snack allot just to feel normal throughout the day buts its loads better now :thumbup: Its all worth it in the end :D

I should have posted in here ages ago :D I found this forum supportive for C section recovery and support ICAN

Hi,
My name is Taylor and i am 40 weeks and 6 days pregnant and my EDD was July 17th, 2012. I have been waiting and waiting for my cervix to change and dilate but the can't because my son is face-up and i have this vaginal band or ring around my uterus that won't let him turn. I have partial placenta previa but the placenta moved up around from the tip of my uterus. So i was on the impression that i was going to be able to have a vaginal delivery and i was extremely happy. The next couple months went by and everything was still going good i thought until 40 weeks hit and i went back to my doctor and he told me that there is no way possible for me to have a vaginal birth. I was crushed. My cesarean is Tuesday July 24, 2012 and i am very nervous and scared and also very emotional because all of my of my other friends have had a vaginal birth and no complications. I have been so down about getting a cesarean that all i want to do is sit around and cry because i really at this point saddened by the fact that my body cant have kids vaginally and that's what i have always wanted. I mean every female from them being little kids and growing up has dreamed about having kids and having a vaginal birth not a cesarean. Can someone please tell me how to cope with having a cesarean instead of having a vaginal? Because my emotions are racked up! I feel like a let down to myself because i can't have babies vaginally. Has anyone felt like this? Please help me out if so or give me some advice on how you coped with getting a cesarean instead of a vaginal.

aw just because it wasn't meant to be this time doesn't mean your body isn't able to give birth naturally. It's just one of those things and nothing you could have done to prevent it :hugs:

my daughter was breach so i ended up with an EMCS - i never even thought about a section as a means of birth until i was getting my spinal block administered! yeah i kinda felt cheated but as long as your little one gets here safe and sound then that is all that matters :) having a vaginal birth doesn't make you a better mum, just as a section birth doesn't make you less of one :hugs:

Ph Taylor, it's ok to cry but don't feel down about it. You are extremely lucky that you know in advance that you are having a csection. It gives you time to mentally prepare for it.
My LO was breech, I had low amniotic fluid and she never turn, regardless of everything I tried. I spent one weekend crying after scheduling my c-section. But then I learned to look forward to it.
Your delivery is what you make of it. For me, I liked being able to know that my husband could be there, our families were in the waiting room (which I wanted) and everything was as relaxed as possible, given the circumstances.
I was also prepared to spend the first hour away from my LO, since she wasn't allowed in the Recovery Room. She was with me husband the whole time, they actually did skin to skin until I went back to the room.
LO latched on right away and we haven't had any problems BFing. I bonded with her right away too.

C-Sections are not ideal but they don't have to be a bad experience. I have the most beautiful memories of my delivery.

Congrats on you LO =)

I have had three kids via c section and I can tell you for me....its always been an emotional sore spot. I too have always wanted to deliever a child naturally. I will never get the experiance was rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night while the stars are out, dropping off kids at grandmas before heading to the hospital. Ill never know what its like to push or have my sweet husband cut the cord. When you have c sections you do miss out a lot, including the chance to breastfeed straight away. However, at the end of the day all that matters is a healthy baby. Trust me, nobody will let me do vaginal and I've even toyed with doing a homebirth (which I wont). I just know in years to come science will prove vaginal births can be done after any c sections and the repeat surgeries will seem like paranoia from design end. We just gotta make the best of it.

Hi ladies

Can I join?

Children- Iain- born June 28th 2012

Number of elective Caesareans: 1
Number of emergency Caesareans: 0
Number of vaginal births: 0

I had an "elective" Caesarean on June 28th to deliver my little guy Iain. I have a congenital partial spinal fusion of my lumbar/sacral spine so I had severe back/hip pain and sciatica down both legs from about 25 weeks onward. I was able to cope with the pain until I reached 38 weeks then had an elective caesarean as my OB felt it would be unsafe for me to attempt a vaginal delivery as it could have lead to more severe nerve and/or disc damage.

It took me quite a while to come to terms with having to have an elective section. I felt inadequate as I wasn't able to even attempt one of the basic things women are "designed" to do. Over time I was able to focus on the positives and ended up having a very positive experience.

Hi I had a c-section 3 a & a hald years ago. My doctor glued me & i had desolving stiches. The c-section was fine what killed me was the student that messed up my epidural. I was hunched over for 2& a half weeks. Thankfully I had an awesome visiting nurse that was so outraged she had everyone @ the hospital scrambling to see what went wrong. Come to find out he was rushing & hit a nerve in my spine, it was a total & complete nightmare. Needless to say im on edge about this delivery. This time it's a scheduled c-section... & im all over every detail :hissy::hissy:[-([-([-([-([-([-(

Glad to have found this group:

Children- Ioan_Luc- born July 22 2012

Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1

What started out as a homebirth ended in an EMCS - I took some comfort from the team who performed it saying that he was far too big for me to birth vaginally, but the homebirth groups I've been part of seem to have lots of HB mummies who have had LOs Ioan's size and bigger...I know everyone is different.

That sounds a nightmare about the student epidural! Not surprised your all over it this time!

Any pregnant ladies in here planning a vbac soon? Im hoping to have one in December/January depending if i go over due or not x

I can't do VBAC. I've had too my c-sections, or else I would.

Who/How do you go about asking to see your notes??? Oh my gosh I feel like this would help me so much! I had PPD after having a totally unecessary c-section that came pretty close to ruining my marriage because I secretly harbored hatred toward my husband for not standing by my birth plan. I just recently was able to tell him and we're now starting to get past it...11 months later! Has anybody else experienced these types of feelings?

I'll be setting up in c-section in five months :) I'm excited!

Who/How do you go about asking to see your notes??? Oh my gosh I feel like this would help me so much! I had PPD after having a totally unecessary c-section that came pretty close to ruining my marriage because I secretly harbored hatred toward my husband for not standing by my birth plan. I just recently was able to tell him and we're now starting to get past it...11 months later! Has anybody else experienced these types of feelings?

Sorry you had a hard time after your CS :hugs: You could probably just call up the hospital and request to have a debrief on your birth. I had a consultation meeting with a MW as im pregnant with my 2nd and was suppose to go over my notes form my previous labour but they lost them!! x

i'm planning a VBAC Nov :thumbup:

Are you trying any thing different this time round Pichi? Fx'd you get your vbac xx

well- the only reason i didn't have natural labour last time was because pixie was un-diagnosed breech :dohh: i was near fully dilated too!! not sure if there is anything i can do to prevent that this time haha i'll get a scan at 37 weeks though

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s:Skye
EDD: 09.01.09
D.O.B 24/12/08

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Kaitlin
EDD: 21.02.12
D.O.B 9/02.12
Number of elective Caesareans: 1
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1

a bit about me :)

well i developed GD and had to use insulin with skye and south shields hosp tryed an induction on the 22nd dec 08 it failed so on the 24th dec 08 they gave me a section and at 4.21pm baby skye was born weighing 7lb 2oz

in 2011 i fell pregnant with kaitlin i again developed GD and diet and metformin didnt control it so had to use insulin again (massive history of diabetes in family) new cross in wolverhampton gave me a date for the 9th feb 2012 the day before they prepped me had to test sugars every hour on the hour (even on the night) and i was hooked up to this insulin machine and the nurses came and changed this machine according to my sugars, on the morning of the 9th feb 12 baby kaitlin was born via c-section at 9.51am, she spent her 1st week of life on birmingham childrens hosp and new cross neo natal wards due to a suspected twisted bowel.

we all have the scars to prove what we have been through with a secton and i am proud :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->