Marriage.......

DueSeptember

Mommy 2 My Angel Maya <3
Reaction score
hello ladies......

Question....my fiance and i are deciding on getting married on christmas....has anyone gotten married on a holiday and would it be better to just wait and get married on a regular day?

We will be together 2 years on jan 8, 2012 i was thinking maybe that could be another date we could get married....what are your thoughts and opinions on it....thanks :)

I'm not married but I probably wouldn't get married on Christmas for a number of reasons, one being that it's obviously Christmas, another being that people may not come to the wedding and I just wouldn't want my anniversary on Christmas.

Although, my parents were married on 11/11 (Veterans' day) and they get that day off every year, so at least they get to celebrate it together. Also, I have a friend who was married on December 29th and she said that the best part about getting married so close to Christmas was that the church was already decorated from it being Christmas ;)

I've always wanted to get married at Christmas. It's my favourite time of year. I would love a winter themed wedding..

I have been to 2 weddings near Xmas, the first was about 20thDec, the church and reception were really festive, with traditional Xmas drinks served. It was lovely and most people attended.

The second was between Xmas and new year. It wasn't so good, Xmas decorations seemed jaded, and lots couldn't make it due to family commitments. It was very disappointing for the bride and groom.

I think just before Chrismas would be lovely. I think right on Christmas or just after it might not be so good. Lots of people might have family committments and not be able to make it.

One of my colleagues has a wedding on the 23rd December this year - they're not going. It's a few hours drive from home so means an overnight stay and kids aren't invited - they feel it's eating too much into their family time and they don't want the stress of travelling just before Christmas when they need to prepare for that.

i think the 8th january 2012 x me and my hubby got married on our 10 years together anniversary (yes i know took us awhile LOL) xxx

i love the idea of a christmas wedding, i've said several times that i wish we were doing it- but practically it doesn't work for us, so we're getting married on my birthday instead (february) what an AMAZING birthday present :cloud9:

Thank you for all your opinions but My Mom passed away and my Dad is in Arizona so I dont have much family that would be coming to our wedding...His parents are still here and live about 4 hours away..We wanted to keep it small and simple because we Both have been Married before....Decisions Decisions lol

i think the 8th january 2012 x me and my hubby got married on our 10 years together anniversary (yes i know took us awhile LOL) xxx

We did the same thing but we were together 8 years. We always celebrated our anniversary and thought it would be nice to still celebrate it!

I was thinking Jan 8th because it is on a Sunday and it would be nice to keep celebrating our anniversary..

I think it would be nice to do it on your anniversary, makes the day more special :)

Hi,

I got married the day after my birthday and every year it seems we celebrate my birthday OR our wedding anniversary. Really wish we had done it a different day as one is always over shadowed.

We were together three years six months and three days before our wedding and celebrate the anniversary of when we got together every year which is great because I get gifts every six month. Lol.

I wouldn't chose to marry near a holiday or birthday again (hope I don't have to marry again but you know what I mean, lol).

Yea I think maybe Jan 8th would be better because then we would have to find someone to marry us on Christmas and no one is ever available on Holidays lol I am sure we will figure it out or just one day go to the court house and get married haha why not life is short =)

I wouldn't do it because 1. people wouldn't attend, and 2. you would get shafted on wedding presents, and 3. the courthouse only does marriage on certain days, plus I doubt they're open for Christmas.

I had a tiny wedding to the point of where we should've gotten hitched at the courthouse..and I regret not having an actual wedding. Just felt I missed out on so many traditions, plus I ticked off a lot of people who wanted to attend and didn't know I was getting hitched.

I wouldn't get married on Christmas, it puts people in a bad situation for if they are going to attend your wedding or their families Christmas stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->