Marrying Prince Charming 5th October 2013

Kerlouet

Reaction score
I'm not very good at this kind of thing so bear with me :)

So I'm 21 and English, DF is 27 and French. I have lived in France since I was 9 and been going back and forth between France, UK and Portugal for the past few years never really seeming to settle.
My older sister and her hubby (French) run a night club in France and I always help out there whenever I'm home. I hadn't been to the club in 6 months, when I arrived on that Friday night for my first shift I said Hello to everyone and noticed they had hired a new Bouncer. Well I saw him and my jaw dropped, butterflies in my tummy, sweaty palms the whole lot. We started talking on our breaks and after a few weeks I plucked up the courage to ask him for his phone number. He thankfully said yes and we later that week we went on our first date :) We instantly hit it off and everything happened very quickly after that! He told me he was so shocked when I asked for his number, he said he wanted to asked me but was too scared as I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen :blush: We can safely say for both of us it was love at first sight and we were very quick to tell each other this.

The proposal wasn't grand but it meant a lot to me. on the 25th September I found out I was pregnant. It came as a shock but we were both happy. That day he said to me I would make him even happier if I would marry him, of course I said yes :happydance: We were so happy that day it was the happiest day of my life so far. Disaster struck the next day when I woke up bleeding, I had a miscarriage :cry:
Later that week I had to go to Portugal to attend to some business, I was gone a week. Upon my return I had a very nervous and shaky DF. We got in the car and I said whats wrong, he said nothing I'm just nervous. Nervous about what? With that he pulled out the little box out of his coat pocket and opened it. He made a lovely little speech and very shakily put the ring on my finger :cloud9:

My ring

Attachments

• 2012-11-06_11.44.36.jpg
    2012-11-06_11.44.36.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
The date is the 5th October 2013

It will be one year to the day that he gave my the ring :D

So far we haven't done much planning, just been getting ideas off the internet etc...

The wedding will be in France as that is where both of our families live and DF doesn't speak much English

The colour scheme is Burgundy red for the wedding party (Although my dress will be white)

We have done our wedding guest list 60 people

We are going to book the Marie's office (Registry) in January

The reception will be at my parent's house and the nightclub after that for those who are still able to walk :D

My 2 sisters will be my Witnesses and DF hasn't decided yet!

I am very lucky that my parents have offered to pay for the Wedding, I am so grateful for this

Luckily we still have a lot of things from my sisters Wedding still so that cuts back on Costs.
We have 2 Marquees, my Dad has an old Citroen that is the "family" Wedding car, we have the DJ from the nightclub that has agreed to do the Reception, lights, speakers etc from the club so we are well on our way :)

Stalking :)
Wow your ring is beautiful, I love it and the proposal sounds lovely and personal and I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:

All your ideas sound fab so far :)

Some of the ideas so far

DF's suit

Bridesmaid dresses

Flower Girl Dresses

Attachments

• 138387.jpg
    138387.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
  • bridesmaids.jpg
    bridesmaids.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0
  • flower girl.jpg
    flower girl.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
  • bridesmaids 2.jpg
    bridesmaids 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
As for my dress I'm very undecided! I have a few I like but will just have to see what I like once tried one...

I have chosen my shoes

Attachments

• dress 3.jpg
    dress 3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
  • dress 4.jpg
    dress 4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
  • dress favourite.JPG
    dress favourite.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 2
  • dress fav.JPG
    dress fav.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
  • shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2
More dresses I like ....

Attachments

• florencia maggie sottero.jpg
    florencia maggie sottero.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • florencia back.jpg
    florencia back.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
  • teracina dress.jpg
    teracina dress.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • teracina dress back.jpg
    teracina dress back.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
Your ring is so beautiful! Sounds like you've quite a bit sorted already. Sounds lovely!

Your ideas all sound great!
The dresses are beautiful!
The first bridesmaid dress is what I wore for my cousins wedding and it was gorgeous, they looked lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->