Mason-James's entrance to the world :)

PaiytonsMummy

Reaction score
Finally got around to writing this....
...Mason-James Stephen 13/1/11 @ 8.33am weighing 6lb 2oz, measuring 49cm @ 36+5 weeks :cloud9:

Wednesday 12th January
I started having regular tightening @ around 4pm, which i thought were braxton hicks. So i carried on with my housework, and made my little girls tea...i went to work at 5.30pm (while oh took paiyton home and got her ready for bed) and noticed that the tightenings were coming with a mild period pain, i knew straight away that it was early labour :)
I got home from work around 7pm, and paced up and down the house hoping to bring the pains on...but they didnt seem to be getting any stronger so decided to have a walk to the shop see if that would help...and gosh it did :happydance:
the pains got really strong and were lasting a lot longer, but when we got home they eased off again so i decided to have a bath see if that would help!
I was so annoyed to find that the bath completely eased them, so i thought it was just a trial run and decided to go to bed around 11pm.

Thursday 13th January
At about 2.40am was woke with strong contractions...so i got oh up and rang my mum and sister (sister was babysitting) they arrived about 4.00am, we had a quick brew and checked over my hospital bag to make sure i had everything...then i rung midwife who told me to go in.
We eventually got to the hospital at around 6.30am...because i was classed as being in preterm labour the doctor did a speculum examination instead of a internal examination so not to stimulate contractions if i wasn't in labour (which i clearly was) she found that i was only 1-2cm dilated, and she was going to move me down onto the ward....until my waters decided to dramatically brake all over the floor :thumbup: the pains really kicked in then, the midwife decided to do an internal to look for any change, at about 7.30am, but she found i was only 2-3cm but baby was really low!
At 8.00am i started feeling pressure in my bum, and i was shaking uncontrollably, midwife said that i must be nearly fully dilated, so she did another internal at 8.10am but found that i was still only 4cm dilated and the cervix was very high...at this stage i thought i was never going to have the baby, but then i got an all mighty urge to push and i was terrified because i was apparently only 4cm....i pushed a second time and could feel baby's head crowning, another push later and his head was born followed by his body, and he came screaming into the world :cloud9::cloud9:
i was in shock...i had gone from 4cm to giving birth in 23 mins :wacko: i had a third degree tear (for the second time) due to him being born so quickly, and had to go to theatre, but other than than everything was fine with Mason :happydance: and we went home the day after!!

Thanks for reading, here are a few pics :)
Photo072.jpg
100_4153.jpg
100_4277 - Copy.jpg
Photo 0221.jpg
100_4262 - Copy.jpg

awww how nice to read ur story about how mason came into the world (he's mi sexy man ) lol love mi cuddles with him to hope u ok rachel and mi liccle girl comes soon

What a beautiful babe! Congrats, and thanks for sharing :)

Gorgeous! Like your birth story too! Congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->