Massage and breastfeeding!?

rubydoo1

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I am breastfeeding my 8 month old and am booked in for a neck,back and shoulder massage in a few weeks for my birthday. I've since been told that you are not supposed to have a massage when BF due to the body releasing toxins that can pass into your milk.
Has anyone heard of this before?
Obviously if it is not safe then I will cancel, I just haven't heard this before and want to be sure!
Thanks in advance x

Never heard this before! I honestly wouldn't worry. Enjoy your massage!

Ive never heard this, ask the people doing it, they will know :flower: enjoy!

I never heard that but will you be able to lay on your front? I couldn't until I stopped bf! Xx

I've had a massage while BFing and no issues. At the spa I went to there was a question of whether I was lactating on the information sheet but nothing came of answering yes. Enjoy your massage!

Ooh thankyou for the replies :) I've asked at the spa and they have said it's ok too. Can't wait now! Yeah I will be able to lay on my front I don't tend to leak anymore unless she's feeding then the other side lets down. I'll offer her a feed before I go in the hope that I won't get too full! :flower: x

I was such a leaker. But also would have been much too tender to lay on my front. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->