Massive hard lump! Help!!

carlyjade86

Baking Bun #3
Reaction score
Hi, I EBF my 7week old 14.7lb-r son. As you can tell by the weight it's going well... Mostly!

On 4 different occasions when my boobs have become engorged for whatever reason, I have been hit with chills, sweats, joint aching/pain, headaches and the need to sleep, along with red hot boiling boob. This has never stayed around long as as I ever felt that way, I would feed my baby from the sore boob and it would eventually go.

I last suffered with this on Saturday. It lasted a bit longer, but I started to feel better Monday, and yesterday I was back to normal... Except! I have s great big hard lump I can't shift!!

I've tried feeding constantly from this boob but all LO does is act frustrated as if he's not getting anything. I've tried with my electric pump and it took an hr to get an oz - yet 5 mins to get the same from my other.

It isn't sore, my boob isn't hot, but it's annoying me and scaring me that I'm going to feel that ill again!

Anyone know how I can shift it please? X

Try massaging the lump in a hot shower then feeding. I hope you feel better soon!

Might be a clogged duct!

I had one and the hot shower, massage and hand expressing while in the shower fixed it right up.

The flu like symptoms you explained tell me you might have mastitis but only a doctor can tell you for sure. Maybe get it checked out?

:flower: Good luck!

I would see your doctor as soon as you can. It sounds like you've had mastitis. Sometimes clogged ducts can turn into breast abscesses if they aren't resolved...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->