Mastitis - should I wear a bra?

katy1985

Reaction score
Hi... my LO is a week old and I've just got mastitis 🤢
It's super painful but I'm persevering with feeding. My question is, should I wear a bra at night or is it better to hang free? Any other healing tips would be greatly appreciated.

It's better to let the girls hang free! I definitely wouldn't wear a bra at night ever and especially not whilst having mastitis. Any pressure on your breasts could make it worse or slow healing, so best to just go bra free. Go bra free during the day too, until you're better and make sure you're not wearing underwire or bras that are too small as these could contribute to blocked ducts, leading to mastitis.

I would go without a bra so that they are not restricted during the healing process. I hope that you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Thank you - the antibiotics cleared it up really quickly although my supply still hasn't settled down and I'm terrified of getting it again!!

I'm glad that the antibiotics have cleared it up and I hope that your supply will settle back down again soon :)

It's okay to wear bra when you have mastitis. Just do't use the tight one. Consult your doctor, he/she knows what to do with it. Keep safe mommies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->