Mastitis

threebirds

Reaction score
What are the first signs of mastitis and how do you knock it on the head?

Thanks ladies x

Feeling like you're coming down with something. Feverish and red area on your boob and maybe you can feel a painful plugged duct.
Best thing to try first is drinking lots and lots of water. Put a cabbage leaf in your bra on the affected breast about 20 min or so 3 times a day. The cold will soothe too.

Preventative you can take soy lecithin tablets to help keep the fats from clogging the ducts.

What are the first signs of mastitis and how do you knock it on the head?

Thanks ladies x

Threebirds, they also say to keep nursing as that also helps to alleviate it. Hope you feel better soon.

First sign for me was boobs feeling painful and engorged. If you ever have pain like this make sure to fully
Empty the breast. Encourage your LO to nurse on that side lots and lots, then have a warm shower and massage the breast and hand express until It seems as empty as it's going to get! Keep massaging and expressing and getting baby to nurse whenever you feel it get a bit sore. You can massage while nursing to get baby to drain those ducts. Once you come down with a fever I don't think there's a way to stop it without antibiotics...or at least not without a lot of needless suffering!

Mine was a pain in one boob and feeling a bit rubbish one eve. Next morning I felt like I had the flu and had a red patch on my breast.

It came in very fast for me got antibiotics ASAP and they started working within 2 days.

Always offer the breast that hurts first to try and get it empty. Pump if nessesary. I found a hot flannel on my breast when pumping it feeding helped it was too painful to massage at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->