• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matching ties

Abigailly

Reaction score
When we get married we are having a fairly small Irish wedding, so about 200, we've decided to stick to a fairly small bridal party too.

My DF is having his best friend as his BM and brother in law as an usher, and I'm having my sister as MoH and my sister-in-law as bridesmaid. Then my daughter as a 'littlemaid', niece as flowergirl and nephew as pageboy.

Our dad's will then be in matching suits (although my Dad is in a kilt) but they'll all be in matching cravats. My question being, my sister has been with her boyfriend for quite a while. And although I don't know him well he's incredibly important to her. Should I get him a matching cravat too? As he'll be in family photos etc

So much bloody politics:dohh:

I guess it couldn't hurt, why don't you just ask him what he wants? I mean, he might not want to have to dress a certain way or might feel uncomfortable, but on the other hand he might be delighted to.

Yeah I probably would just to involve him if they have been together a while! Xx

I guess it couldn't hurt, why don't you just ask him what he wants? I mean, he might not want to have to dress a certain way or might feel uncomfortable, but on the other hand he might be delighted to.

That's where the problem starts! I asked him how he felt about being in the family photos, just as a start and him being a 21 year old 'lad's lad' said "I don't mind, it's your wedding, it's up to you".

So I'm unsure, he's only 2 years younger than me and I honestly feel like he's a foreign breed.

I'll try get my sister to get it out of him!

Hmm see I wouldn't bother, I think once you start with including someone extra you end up finding someone else and someone else again! I think if you want to involve him then do so but I wouldn't do it unless you wanted to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->