Maternity Allowance

LucyS

Reaction score
I took in my claim form a few weeks ago now and have still not yet heard anything back?

Surely I should receive a letter even just saying they are looking into it?

Not to sure maybe give them a call and ask make sure they recieved it.

Good luck.

I'd ring them and chase them as there's a delay with Maternity Allowance. I'm ringing every week until they sort it as I'm worried I'll go on maternity leave and have no money! x

call your local job centre and ask for the front line manager and they will ring the processing department at some other place and they wil call you back no doubt saying how long till you get your allowance. good luck

I was given a number to the place my form was posted to. I could dig it out if you like? It's a new number though as apparently they moved MA to another centre and I was given the number for that. They moved 14 July so if you sent it in after that I could give you that number? x

I did so pretty please would really appreciate that as they are so unhelpful passing to the right person/department!

Thanks

There have been threads about this lately as there have been massive probs with maternity allowance.
Basically instead of having 1 person at each jobcentre that deals with the MA claims, they have now centralised it and cut the staff by over half, causing a massive backlog. I claimed in June and have been told to expect the first payments around the end of November, although I will get a lump sum once its paid out to make up for the missing payments.
Ive been chasing mine every week as me and OH are struggling to pay the bills on just his wage but I keep getting told the same thing. Last I heard they were still following up claims from April so theyve still got May to get through before they even look at my claim!
You will recieve a letter about 6 weeks after you claim to let you know about all of this but theres no harm in chasing it still

xx

I only claimed late July and I'm due Oct 5th eek!

I did so pretty please would really appreciate that as they are so unhelpful passing to the right person/department!

Thanks

Ok dug the number out. I sent my form to Wrexham so their number is 0845 6088610 x

Thought id let you guys know. I spoke to my friend today well she was ranting and i was listening lol and she sent her form in at the begining of june for her claim to start on the 15th of june. They told her today they are just looking at the may ones now and to ring back in 3 weeks to see where there up to. So that will be 12 weeks from when her claim was ment to start that she hasnt had any money. And even then she doesnt know if it will be all ready to be paid. She is well pissed as she has one kid and another on the way and having to live of OH's wage alone

So just thought id let you know looks like its still really really back logged :( XxX

The pregnancy book says you should apply for MA at about 25 weeks. The earliest you can start having payment of it is 28 weeks.

Thanks

Ok dug the number out. I sent my form to Wrexham so their number is 0845 6088610 x

Bumping this up for you lisa.

Eek at your friend Ema, am sooo worried mine will be the same! I'll keep hassling though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->