Maternity clothes are AMAZING.

Monzter79

Reaction score
My "regular" clothes still fit. But, I'm bloated and everything just feels irritating. I'm 8 weeks and yeah... it's early. But, I was so sick of feeling like a stuffed sausage in my clothes. (My bbs are HUGE and I woke up one day with a serious pooch!) Decided to go to the "pregnant lady place" and try some things on.

Maternity clothes are WAY nicer than I thought they'd be! I feel SO much better in my new jeans. I REALLY do. There's nothing cutting into me screeching the constant reminder "You're chubby!!!" Nope. Now I just feel pregnant. My self-esteem prefers the latter.

Anybody else decide to go for maternity clothes early?? I thought I was being ridiculous wanting stretchy pants so early on... But it's such a relief. I guess every BODY is different.

I'm totally with you! Maternity clothes are so comfy! I had twins in my first pregnancy so my stomach has never been the same. So now, at only 6w4d my bloat is ridiculous! I already feel huge! I'm hoping for a singleton this time, but my big tummy is suggesting otherwise haha! So I'm thinking about going to get some more maternity pants. That way I can at least be comfy and bloated

Oh you should go for it!!! I feel so much better.

My only regret is that I didn't know sooner how awesome AND comfy maternity clothes are! I may never go back.... LOL

I wake up normal and look 6 months pregnant by the end of the day, with all the bloating. I lost a lot of weight pre-pregnancy, and I was at a point where I was just fitting into my current set of jeans. Now 7 weeks in, none of them are comfortable, especially later in the day. I've just been wearing stretchy skirts, but I found 2 pairs of underbelly maternity pants at the thrift store today for $5. They look a bit goofy with a tight shirt, but with a loose top, I think they're going to be so much more comfortable. It's early, but how could I not, for $5?? This week is supposed to be unseasonably cool, so I'm glad to have something to wear.

Muhahaha...you shall never wear normal clothes again! (just kidding...sorta)

I started in maternity shirts at 6 weeks because my scrubs at work quickly became too small.
I went and got jeans/shorts about 2 weeks ago and I wish I would have gotten them sooner. I don't think I'll wear regular jeans again!

I've been thinking about stopping at the thrift store and checking to see if I can find a cheap pair of maternity shorts or jeans! I've been wearing yoga pants to work for a week or so :blush: My regular pants fit in the mornings but sitting at a desk all day...they start to squeeze my stomach when I'm sitting down and it irritates me! Plus I just feel fat all day wearing pants that are giving me major muffin top :dohh: Hopefully I can find something cheap!

I got some elastic waist band shorts around 8wks- felt crazy getting them that early, but felt much better. Around 11-12 weeks, I started getting a growing gap between the bottom of my shirts and top of bottoms (ah, long torso problems)- so two days ago, I caved and got maternity shirts... but they look/feel so much better!

Best tip I have for clothes is wearing your normal leggings back to front so they come over the belly! Lol x

I've been in maternity clothes since like 7 weeks and I don't feel dumb at all. Comfort is #1 to me and could care less what others think! Besides, nobody will even know what your wearing is maternity unless you tell them - so who cares! :)

Muhahaha...you shall never wear normal clothes again! (just kidding...sorta)

I know!!! I feel like I joined a secret cult. LOL

There aren't a lot of brands that are made to dress my body type. Apparently, my body type is "pregnant" because these clothes fit GREAT! lol Jeans that fit my legs AND don't give me muffin top- whaat? SCORE!

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying the benefits of pregnancy's best kept secret... the clothes!

Also... there is so much anxiety and serious stuff in early pregnancy. It felt really good to lighten up and enjoy one of the giddy/fun parts of pregnancy! (like picking names, stalking pinterest announcements, & marveling at how tiny those baby chucks are- etc.) <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->