Maternity Clothes

jlon

Reaction score
So I started complaining to my mum about how my clothes are tight and I always feel uncomfortable and how I'm going to have to go shopping soon for some loose clothes and hit the maternity ranges.

She brings out a present she got for me as she knew this would be a problem.

A pair of trackpants....

:dohh: As much as I appreciate what she attempted to do, I kindly rejected them and told her to bring them back haha!

My idea was to hit Topshop and get my skinny jeans with the stretchy band from their maternity range.

Anyone know of any other good, young, places for maternity clothes? Topshop is the only one I can think of. Dorothy Perkins' range was quite boring and their maternity jeans looked like a baaad shape :/ I couldn't see one in Debenhams/House of Fraser etc apart from nursing bas..

blooming marvallous online, and theres a sale on now !!

im still in my own jeans, with a strecthing button thing :lol:

Mothercare's MODA range is nice and they have some lovely summer stuff in now. Also Next is apparently very good...was looking through the directory and it seemed reasonably priced too.

I'm going to hit the shops in the next couple of weeks....can't wait!! :)

Theres some cute stuff there - its so cheap as well! Seen a nice top for 7.50! bargain :)

I got a massive bundle of mat clothes on ebay and they lasted through out my pregnancy. I ended up more trendy than before I got preg and paid 35 for the lot.

I was going to check out ebay actually. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to go have a nosy now :)

I was looking online today x
Littlewoods, Peacocks, New Look & Next all have some lush stuff x

asos is also good for maternity clothes but been buying mine off ebay had pair skinny maternity jeans off there last night pretty cheap xx

Asos/New Look don't look bad either! This isn't going to be as bleak as I thought :D

I just can't wait till summer so I can get all my ankle lengths dresses out!

dont knock back the jogging bottoms! They come in VEEERRRRY handy!! :):)

oh

and look on ebay too!

I got some awesome matty jeans on ebay for 5 quid P&P

Had a wee jaunt around town this morning. Got my favourite jeans from topshop in the maternity version. Even trying them on in the changing room was a joy! I could just..relax :)

Got a maternity vest top thing, some pumps (my feet have to look good without my heels after all!), a maxi dress from zara and another maxi dress on the way from ebay.

Amazing what a bit of retail therapy can do for the soul. My mood has lifted by 1000%!

Ooh do Zara to Matty clothes? I LOOOVE Zara!

If you're not really showing yet and want to buy clothes that you can wear AFTER bub has been born, smock style tops are good at hiding small bumps and when used with a waist belt (after pregnancy) look lovely!

Roomy loose dresses are what im going to have a search for. Obviously, im going to have to buy some proper maternity jeans/trousers, but hopefully, il be able to get away with normal tops & dresses until i become heffer huge!

XXXXXXXXXXX

No unfortunately zara don't do maternity clothes but the dress is really roomy! it was strapless but I'm going to sew some thick green straps on to match the dress so that I don't blind someone over the summer hehe :)

My OH will kill me, but sure what he doesn't know...

No unfortunately zara don't do maternity clothes but the dress is really roomy! it was strapless but I'm going to sew some thick green straps on to match the dress so that I don't blind someone over the summer hehe :)

My OH will kill me, but sure what he doesn't know...

Ha ha! No, us preggers ladies need treats for what we are/will be going through!!

Iv not bought myself anything yet ..... the first thing being resized for a bra (how exciting!!) Then i think i need some new work clothes. Im starting to feel a little uncomfortable in the stuff im currently wearing, and as its getting warmer, roomy and floaty is the way forward! And flat pumps all the way - sod heels at work!!! :happydance:

Gonna try H&M too, i love that place. Nothing wrong with Primark (or Primani as we call it!) for cheap and cheerful, they do really good value shoes too! i got some gorgeous white sneaker pumps for £3! Comfy!

I was going to get fitted for a new bra today but figured there wouldn't be much point in case I get a lot bigger. I'm ok at the moment anyway-don't feel too squished yet in that area :)

Was in H&M but didn't see much, which was a shame as I had a voucher to use. Luckily my work are quite laidback anyways so I could get away with not looking too office-y for the next while...

Zara do have Maternity clothes!! I bought some trousers for work from there yesterday!
Its like the smallest section ever, one tiny rail at the back of the shop but the trousers are really good and fit me perfectly. I am very tall and normally struggle with trousers but these are perfect.

Ooh will have a look then! I live in Mancheser and the Zara here is quite large so you never know! Having a ganders on eBay too.

Im hating all these celebs who have their own maternity range which is WAY out of my budget!! Cheaper clobber please ladies!!! haha!

ooh really? damn, i was going to ask the sales assistant but felt a bit embarressed..for some reason, i don't know why since its really silly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->