Maternity Clothes?

BabyD331

Reaction score
Popping over from First Tri!

I was wondering when you had to buy maternity clothes?

I'm 6w5d with my first and the bloat is so bad that I can't wear anything besides my work pants that are a size too big. Now that it's hot out, I can't get away with the sweatpants and DF's 2XL tee shirts. I thought maybe I just gained weight in the last year since my Spring stuff is too tight but the jeans that I've been wearing are too tight as well. My doctor said that the bloating will go away when it becomes a baby bump. Is this true?

When were you in maternity clothes with your first?

About 8-9 weeks, also due to bloat.... I am 5 weeks pp and wearing the mat pants I wore when first pregnant.

I started wearing them about 7 weeks pg. Most of my clothes I got used from Once Upon a Child. They have stores all over the US if you check out their website. But also Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, Target and Kohl's.

I am 26&6 and wearing sports trousers/ stretchy skirts a size bigger and oh's tops. The maternity clothes I tried on were all rubbish!

I wish I could just wear yoga pants and DF's shirts!

I had extra weight on me to begin with. Did you find maternity clothes to be slimming? I am just envisioning trying on clothes and feeling worse because everything looks funny on my body. I hope they flatter me!

I'm being induced in 4 days and STILL not in maternity clothes :) I will admit, yoga pants have been my best friend hehe Yoga pants, yoga capris and yoga shorts actually haha

Loose tops/ skirts I think are more flattering than maternity clothes. Well they are on me anyway :). Some of the maternity stuff swamps me and the styles i saw were quite pyjama like :) (not flattering!!).

I'm a bigger girl also, and I found that tighter fitting tops with rouching look better than loose flowy ones. Those just make me look fat and not pg!

I think I bought my first maternity pants around 8 weeks but still fit into some of my pants until 12 weeks or so. I had to buy a whole new maternity wardrobe for the office and as moSt of my clothes were very fitted I needed a lot of items for outside work as well. It was so expensive though :S

Just like a previous poster, I'm still fitting into my regular clothes and I'm 34wks lol.

I haven't put on much weight, I'm just all bump as my OH says! Ive always been a dress person anyway and most of my dresses, leggings etc still fit.

As a previous poster said, I too didn't like the maternity styles. Very rarely if I did fancy something in the shops that I have to have now, I get it in a size bigger and (luckily) they fit.

I'm 30+2 today and still not in maternity clothes. Think it depends on your body type and how you are carrying baby. I'm still in my normal jeans/tops that i was in before i got pregnant.

However my friend how is due two weeks after me has been in maternity clothes since she was about 7 weeks.

x

I think I bought my first pair of maternity jeans around 8 weeks. I was horribly sick, all day, all night, from about 3.5 weeks and couldn't stand anything tight on my belly (all of my jeans pre pregnancy were super skinny and not very comfortable). I got so tired of my workout pants and felt so down about looking awful that I bought some nice maternity skinny jeans, sizing down so they had a great fit at that moment, which saw me through the first half of pregnancy. It was so worth it and made me feel somewhat fashionable and normal again. Then when I really needed maternity clothes, around four and a half to five months, I bought a proper amount of stuff that has all seen me through the rest of the pregnancy. In my opinion, investing in some nice jeans early on that you can wear all the time is so worth it. It will make you feel better cuz no one wants to wear sweats all the time - well I don't at least. Then when you are further along and have the proper bump you can invest in more because you'll really need them at that stage. I have a really long torso and have loved all the long, basic tops that you can get in pregnancy, so most of the things I bought were simple and basic. I never hated maternity clothes at all. H&M is great for cheap basics.

I guess by "maternity" clothes, I also mean yoga pants and baggy clothes. I guess if you didn't wear fitted clothes before, you would still fit into them right up to delivery. But for me, my fitted stuff is too tight in the waist now. My shirts are pulling in the chest [thanks to my new "fake-real" tits as DF calls them lol] and my jeans are only an option if I can unbutton them. There's a difference in clothes fitting and being able to still wear them. I can still wear all of my clothes but not comfortably without being unbuttoned or stretched beforehand. That doesn't mean they still fit me, if you know what I mean.

And WOW for all the responses ladies. With all this bloat and hormones going on...getting dressed has become a chore and sometimes I get emotional that nothing fits me already. I know it's all worth it and I wouldn't change a thing! I feel a lot better knowing that the majority of you started early as well.

I needed maternity pants by 14 weeks. My pre-preg jeans I could wear, but they were really tight and left impressions from the button/waistband.

I wasn't about to start going about in pajamas/sweats all the time, so as soon as I couldn't take my normal jeans anymore, I bought maternity.

I like Old Navy. It is cheap and doesn't feel like I am wearing a bag. I'm impressed so many don't need maternity or new clothes but I guess I always wore tight clothing beforehand.

Maternity pants and clothes when bought from a decent place make my bump look 100000x more flattering than non maternity clothes....

I am average build but I was always a jeans person and suits for work and my belly band only lasted a few weeks before it got annoying.

My best advice is just try some stuff on... See how u feel... Personally for me mat clothes accentuate my bump where as normal ones just made me look like I've gained weight... Also I'm all bump ... Still fit into my pre pregnancy jeans they just don't do up as they were high waisted skinny jeans

That's good. I don't want to look fat but it's too early for me to look pregnant. I can't button my pants so yeah they don't fit. I can WEAR them but they don't FIT.

I actually feel slimmer everywhere else. I think it's because [this might sounds silly] I'm eating more often. Smaller meals more times a day. I think it's keeping my metabolism going.

That's good. I don't want to look fat but it's too early for me to look pregnant. I can't button my pants so yeah they don't fit. I can WEAR them but they don't FIT.

I actually feel slimmer everywhere else. I think it's because [this might sounds silly] I'm eating more often. Smaller meals more times a day. I think it's keeping my metabolism going.

If your pants still fit, you just can't button them, look in to a BeBand (bella band - belly band. I've heard severak names for them) Mine definitely came in handy until i couldnt pull my pants up over my thighs lol

I don't remember exactly when I began wearing maternity clothes, but I know it was after 20 weeks. I didn't really show much for a while and I normally wear more sporty/loose clothes anyway.

I love maternity clothes though! Well, not all the styles lol, but maternity jeans/shorts are so comfy :) I also like the ruched t-shirts and tanks for summer, really shows off my bump! I wear my husband's t-shirts sometimes and people can still tell I'm pregnant but not as easily.

You could always get some now and wear them during the bloat phase so you are more comfortable. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->