Maternity Clothes?

Jeans/work pants I needed at about 8 weeks because my bloat was as bad as my 20 week bump!! I only got 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of work pants because I just wore bigger size in normal dresses until I got a real bump but on days when it was just too cold for that i needed my mat jeans.

Also just to add I look a lot more pregnant as opposed to fat in mat clothes.

I'm lucky I'm 31 weeks and still in all the same size clothes only bought a few vest tops in a bigger size for comfort. I refuse to buy maternity clothes as they are so expensive and they seem to make me look twice as big as I actually am.

Im 29 wks and still in my own clothes even though scales say ive put on about 20lbs i dont understand it lol although some of my jeans,tops and pjs are getting bit tight and short lol

I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until about 22 weeks, until then I didn't have much of a belly & just wore my regular clothes (I still wear some of my regular singlet tops & leggings now too). I was also not a small person before I got pregnant, was dieting & exercising & got down to 78kg.

I agree about the more form fitting clothes, I got some great dresses from Asos & the one's I felt looked best were form fitting, the flowy dresses just made me feel fat.

I'm impressed by how many women do not have to wear maternity clothes! If I now put on any of my shirts from before pregnancy, they won't even cover my belly button! That being said, I can still fit into some of my non-maternity maxi dresses that previously required heels.

I started wearing maternity clothes early, but that was mainly due to comfort rather than necessity. I also like to wear tight clothes, so it did not feel good to have something digging into my bloated belly. I bought a pair of demi panel skinny jeans from the GAP, and those lasted me well into my second trimester. They were my daily go-to pants. Now, I can only comfortably fit into full panel bottoms, yoga pants, gym shorts, and maxi dresses. TMI, but I even had to size up on my undergarments because my pregnancy ones were barely offering coverage of anything!

Yeah I feel like I'm squishing the baby! That's how tight my pants are lol! DF was laughing because I was standing up in front of him and he said my belly was poking out.

I was in maternity jeans at about 8 weeks, and I used a belly band from 6-8 weeks. I've carried really low from the start, and I found anything tight on my belly to be very uncomfortable. I got a couple pairs of full panel jeans from Motherhood Maternity that I lived in until it got hot here; now I have two pairs of full panel shorts that I live in. :) I started wearing my first maternity tops a bit after 20 weeks. I didn't really look pregnant before then (just bloated!), but the maternity pants were a necessity for comfort. You cannot tell they are maternity pants at all. I definitely say you should go for comfort. I felt so silly and embarrassed for ordering maternity pants when I was just barely pregnant, but as soon as I put them on, I was SO glad I did. I've had really good luck ordering from Motherhood Maternity. They have a few pant styles that come in longs, which I need, so I was super happy to find them. They fit like normal jeans whereas other brands I tried fit really baggy and droopy! I just remind myself (and my husband) that we plan on having more kids, so whatever maternity clothes I buy now I'll be able to re-use later on. I've only bought really basic staples (jeans, short, solid t-shirts, etc.), but my work attire is very casual.

Focus on being comfortable! :thumbup:

Topshop, ASOS and eBay!! Also, I just bought a bunch of clothes 2 sizes bigger :)

I just bought a BellaBand [which is fricken awesome!] and 3 really cute men's v-neck tees. I was gonna buy some mat capris but I couldn't justify spending $30 on one pair of pants.

I got them when I was 13 weeks and wore them on and off. I found regular leggings were good to fold under the bump as well, with a long top or dress. I still fit all the mat clothes I bought at 13 weeks, apparently they are made to accommodate a 30 lb weight gain, although I know a few moms who grow out of them if they buy mat clothes too early. Hasn’t been a problem for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->