Maternity Clothes!

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
Just for fun, did you have to start wearing maternity clothes in 1st tri?

Was this your first or second (or more!) child?

What type of maternity clothing did you have to buy, if you had to start wearing them?

With my first i bought maternity jeans and tshirts at about 20 weeks. I wasnt showing much but i felt like i should haha. I cant see me being quite as tiny this time around but so far no change in my clothes size/fit but i'm only 8 wks lol xx

This is my second pregnancy.. I dug out the maternity clothes at 8 weeks this time .. Didn't wear them unti 14 weeks last time!

I think I was around 20 weeks when I started wearing them last time, they are the most comfortable clothes ever, lol!!!!!!

I've just gone into maternity leggings at 8 weeks. So much comfier than tights who've just dig in! The jeans will come out next x

I wear high waisted leggings anyway which can contain a bump. I have mostly been wearing empire line flowy tops as my tummy feels huge already and I hate wearing tight clothes over it at the moment. I just look really fat.

Just bump bands from about 8 weeks.

What are bump bands??

They are pieces of material that fit over the top of your trousers and keep them up so you can have your button undone.

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/MATERNITY-PREGNANCY-BELLY-BELT-BUMP-BAND-UNISIZE-GIFT-/00/s/NTYxWDY1MA==/$%28KGrHqR,!hIE8itnQtNcBP%28bwMCuJQ~~60_35.JPG

My jeans were a little tight to begin with so by about 8 weeks I could no longer button them and just used a hairtie and a belly band to keep them closed. At about 10 weeks I went into maternity jeans. As for shirts I didn't really need them till about 18 weeks.

With my first, I wasn't in maternity clothes until week 12.
With this baby #2, I was so uncomfortable that I was in maternity jeans by week 8!:blush:

With DD I managed to stay in my normal jeans until 20 weeks or so. This time I'm actually thinner to begin with but the hair tie trick with my jeans is at it's limit now at almost 9 weeks. I'm going to buy some maternity pants tomorrow I think!

I desperately need them but i am not going shopping in this horrible weather.

I have a few pieces, but haven't worn any of them. I just feel so bloated and puffy, but I just can't get myself to use anything that's "maternity" yet. LOL I feel like I shouldn't be in it yet. :lol:

I'm still not wearing them and I've just gone into 3rd tri!

I'm almost 11 weeks and I don't need them yet. I am always happy when I'm home and can wear my sweatpants because it is more comfortable when I'm bloated, but my regular jeans still fit fine when I have to wear them. Luckily at work I wear scrubs so I probably won't need to buy new work clothes for a while!

I know even though I absolutely loved being pregnant in my first pregnancy, I really felt like a hideous lump throughout. When I look back at photos I just look so uncomfortable throughout most of the pregnancy. Iv always enjoyed wearing nice clothes shoes and makeup but I felt kind of stuck as to what I should wear. Just after I had Amy I came across some really lovely maternity clothes sites online and wished I'd seen them sooner. I think when I need them il invest in a few nice dresses/long tops I can wear with maternity leggings, a blazer and either ballet pumps or small heels and also some decent skinny jeans with the bump band attached. X

I know even though I absolutely loved being pregnant in my first pregnancy, I really felt like a hideous lump throughout. When I look back at photos I just look so uncomfortable throughout most of the pregnancy. Iv always enjoyed wearing nice clothes shoes and makeup but I felt kind of stuck as to what I should wear. Just after I had Amy I came across some really lovely maternity clothes sites online and wished I'd seen them sooner. I think when I need them il invest in a few nice dresses/long tops I can wear with maternity leggings, a blazer and either ballet pumps or small heels and also some decent skinny jeans with the bump band attached. X

Must say your DD has an awesome name :winkwink: x

2nd pregnancy, and I had actually lots 25 lbs from last year but still had all my larger clothes in the closet so around last week I started breaking them out lol

At 17.5 weeks I started wearing maternity jeans. I could still button my pants and everything, but it hurt like crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->