Maternity Clothes!

I know even though I absolutely loved being pregnant in my first pregnancy, I really felt like a hideous lump throughout. When I look back at photos I just look so uncomfortable throughout most of the pregnancy. Iv always enjoyed wearing nice clothes shoes and makeup but I felt kind of stuck as to what I should wear. Just after I had Amy I came across some really lovely maternity clothes sites online and wished I'd seen them sooner. I think when I need them il invest in a few nice dresses/long tops I can wear with maternity leggings, a blazer and either ballet pumps or small heels and also some decent skinny jeans with the bump band attached. X

Must say your DD has an awesome name :winkwink: x

:winkwink: Why thank you hun, as do you! Obviously neither of us are at all biased are we?!!. :haha::winkwink:

I cracked open the jeans at 8 weeks due to the megabloat - normal jeans were really uncomfortable at my desk and I've out-bloated all my trousers.

Will be interesting to see how my maternity wardrobe manages a summer baby as last time I wasn't MASSIVE until the weather cooled (late November birth)

Not untill just over 20 weeks with both the girls but this time i have to admit my jeans are getting far too tight and im having to do the hair bobble trick! Hoping i can hold out until 12 weeks until i have to buy mat clothes!

I think the jeans may be brought out today. I'm bloated and yucky plus my leggings are in the wash!

This is baby number two and although my waistbands no longer fit I refuse to purchase mat clothes this early! Ha ha. So I've been wearing bigger sized clothes and extending my waistband with a hair band!! I think now that I'm approaching second tri it may be time to go shopping though!
Really regretting throwing my old mat clothes out. What a plonker!

Nope, I dont intend on buying any maternity clothes. I didnt with Indie either, I wear light flowing clothes normally and harem and aladdin trousers with stretchy waists so no need to buy anything. I also lived in silk trousers during the hotter weather.

First child. I needed maternity jeans in the beginning because of the BLOAT, not the bump. =p

I felt need of bigger clothes almost when I found out (at about 4wks). My Breasts were swollen so could not wear tighter bras and had to get new bigger clothes, again tight now. Hate tight clothes, now at 9thwk (going on 10th currently) I bought super big clothes so that they be used throughout. My husband hates me buying so many clothes, he does not understand. He also laughs why I bought super big But I hate tight around belly. Most comfortable so far is bigger-size legging with loose sweaters.

I've been wearing maternity clothes all along! :haha:

I don't have much storage room and so I can't store a second wardrobe. Instead, I discovered Target sells really cute maternity clothes that don't look like maternity clothes and I buy those instead. So I wear maternity tops whether or not I'm pg!

With my son I didn't wear maternity clothes until the last month or two. I had a very small bump as I am tall with a long torso. I wore my normal jeans with an elastic band to close them and long T-shirts right up until the mid-30 weeks last time. After that I wore leggings with three different maternity dresses, had a pair of maternity jeans with long tops or just wore yoga trousers when I was home with long T-shirts. I think I'll be bigger this time - judging by the bloat alone!!

x

I know even though I absolutely loved being pregnant in my first pregnancy, I really felt like a hideous lump throughout. When I look back at photos I just look so uncomfortable throughout most of the pregnancy. Iv always enjoyed wearing nice clothes shoes and makeup but I felt kind of stuck as to what I should wear. Just after I had Amy I came across some really lovely maternity clothes sites online and wished I'd seen them sooner. I think when I need them il invest in a few nice dresses/long tops I can wear with maternity leggings, a blazer and either ballet pumps or small heels and also some decent skinny jeans with the bump band attached. X

Must say your DD has an awesome name :winkwink: x

:winkwink: Why thank you hun, as do you! Obviously neither of us are at all biased are we?!!. :haha::winkwink:

I can't see why we would be! :shhh: :haha:

I voted 7-9 weeks coz I am to uncomfortable in my jeans so wearing mainly leggings including sometimes my maternity ones, but this is my second pregnancy with a small gap between.

First pregnancy I didnt get any until about 16 weeks.

1st baby, never wore maternity clothes!
2nd baby was struggling from 8 weeks lol! Finally gave in at about 12w and bought some jeans from h&m... Bliss!

Congratulations on number 3 dan-o, I remember you and I were on the first tri boards together last year and I see your LB and my LG almost share a birthday.

with my first I was about 18 weeks when I no longer fitted into my pre-pregnancy jeans with this one I still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and I am 29 weeks. it's all down to how high or low your bump is to how long you fit in your jeans for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->