Maternity Coat?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Anyone seen one anywhere???

With the weather turning, it's made me realise how little warm maternity clothes I have. I can remember a friend being pg over the winter a couple of years ago, and she really struggled to find one.

i need one too but havent seen one anyway either im making do with thick chunky cardies!

i need one aswell, i put my normal winter coat on a few days ago and i couldnt do it up!

I was thinking of getting one of those 60's style jackets that have maybe 2 or 3 buttons at the top but the bottom half is quite loose and it comes out slightly, kinda like A-line. Do you know what I mean? They have some like that in Primark, but I think they're 3/4 length sleeves.

In the mothercare autumn/winter catalogue theyve got a gorge black military style one for £60!!

I was hoping to get away with my normal coat as i usually buy a size or 2 bigger to allow for clothes underneath and whatnot ... no such luck i just tried putting it on to go out in the rain and it wont button up over my belly lol

Debenhams (red herring) will have them in and new look have at least one but it's more of a mac than a coat. Luckily I only have a couple of weeks left at work and will be wearing my normal winter coat undone if it gets any colder but after that it's hoodys all the way. Hehe I can see the looks now

In the mothercare autumn/winter catalogue theyve got a gorge black military style one for £60!!

OOOooo, I have to go there soon anyway and I will deffinately need a warm coat. I haven't got one to start with. :lol:

I was hoping to get away with my normal coat as i usually buy a size or 2 bigger to allow for clothes underneath and whatnot ... no such luck i just tried putting it on to go out in the rain and it wont button up over my belly lol

And there you were worrying that you were too small in the bump. :roll: :D

Think ill need to be looking for one aswell by the time winter is in full swing.
I was just going to get a long jacket that goes to my knees in a bigger size, one from primark like that wont cost a fortune...

i was definitely thinking of how i am going to keep warm this winter if/when i cannot fit my coat!!! :cry: I just hope whatever coat i wear this winter doesn't make me look like i am drowning in a tent! :hissy:

perhaps i should just bundle myself indoors all winter until Baby Girl pops :lol:

It is a nightmare. I've eben looking fro one (preferably not a fortune) for months. As the others have posted, Mothercare have one (£65) and Red Herring now have one (£55). Mamas and Papas might have one. New Look had a short mac (I wanted something longer) that was more reasonable in price but maybe was summer stock. They will probably get something in now though. Top Shop have had one in the past (that I fell in love with after googling only to find it was old stock) so may get one in again. I resent spending £50 on a coat so I'm hoping ym long one will fasten at the top and I can wear a jumper.

OOOh. You know where they prbably will have one? Blooming Marvelous! They have stores and an online catalogue don't they? I think they do!

Oh man, now I'm answering my own questions. :dohh:

Blooming Marvelous do have an online catalogue but I have fund they can be a bit pricey if you lookin for a bargain. H&M do a maternity range and may have one in there fairly reasonable. Ebay all the way

I've actually searched ebay and there are some on there from TopShop, so probably last seasons stock. I've checked the TopShop site and can't see any new ones, so hopefully there should be some soon.

https://www.motherhood.com/mastercategory.asp?MasterCategory_Id=13&ViewAll=true

It's just dawned on me reading this that I will need a coat too being due early Feb! All my current jackets/coat are belted and/or fitted style. I have just looked online at Topshop, Warehouse, Oasis, River Island and nothing!!!! Not even anything that isn't maternity that might work apart from trench coats and they are not going to keep me warm (or look ok with a huge bump!) :-( I was in H&M in the Bullring in Birmingham last week and they didn't have any coats in their maternity section either, in fact it was pretty rubbish all round! At this rate we will all have the mothercare coat!

I'm still fitting into all my normal coats so far the only one i dont i just dont do up the front but do the belt bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->