Maternity Exemption Certificate

N

Neecee

When are we supposed to get this? I've had nothing so far and I need to visit the dentist. Should I give my midwife or GP a call to chase up?

I got mine at roughly 13 weeks, its probably in the post, you should be getting yours shortly.

It took a couple of weeks for mine to come through....I still went to the dentist & just explained I hadn't rec'd my card yet & they were fine about it.

I just called the midwife. Apparantly I won't get it til I'm 20 weeks. Looks like my gums will have to keep bleeding til then.:(

It won't be free coz my dentist is a private one. However there is an NHS one near work. Hmmm, I may register there instead.

oh right - just give them a call an explain you dont have your card yet...thats what I did and got it free. x

im 31 weeks nearly and still haven't got mine!

Did you fill in a form at your booking in appointment? I did, then it took maybe 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. You might be able to tell them you are expecting it in the post, if not I think you can claim it back. I would ring you doctor's to see if they can chase it up.

Did you fill in a form at your booking in appointment? I did, then it took maybe 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. You might be able to tell them you are expecting it in the post, if not I think you can claim it back. I would ring you doctor's to see if they can chase it up.

Apart from my maternity notes, I don't remember filling in any forms at my booking appointment.

I do remember seeing a blue/purple/turquoise form in with the stuff I got from the doctors when I went to confirm my pregnancy though. It kinda looks like a tax form or something like that. Sorry, I'm not very good at recalling things at the moment and I'm at work so I can't even check amongst all the baby papers I have!

I haven't got one yet.. and I'm nearly 38 weeks *scratches head* I think I'll get midwife to send me another form off. I get free prescriptions at the min because I'm obviously pregnant but I guess once babies born they'll say 'but that baby could be anyones'.. Yeah I nicked my neighbours baby to save eight quid on a prescription :lol:

But if things are running right yours should be there soon, yes.

Apart from my maternity notes, I don't remember filling in any forms at my booking appointment.

I do remember seeing a blue/purple/turquoise form in with the stuff I got from the doctors when I went to confirm my pregnancy though. It kinda looks like a tax form or something like that. Sorry, I'm not very good at recalling things at the moment and I'm at work so I can't even check amongst all the baby papers I have!

I can't remember what it looks like, it was ages ago now, but it's possible that was it. You need to fill it in if it is!!

I got mine pretty quick. I would check with your doc coz I would have thought you should have it issued from the start of pregnancy

I had mine within 2 weeks of confirming my pregnancy at the docs x

Hi.

I was given the form to send off at my 8 week appointment. You are entitled to free prescriptions and dental treatment for the duration of the pregnancy, up until babe is 1 year old.

Mine never came, and everytime I went into the chemist for a prescription, they seemed fine about it, and just ticked the box.

I eventually rang the people who issue them, to see why I hadn't recieved it yet, to be told that they had never had my form. So I asked if I could just get it sent now.

This is where it got interesting. I was told I would need to go to the Midwife and fill out the form again, and that the card is only valid from when they issue it. It will not be backdated. So any treatment or prescriptions that you get free, before you get your card, they can come back and ask you to pay for them once they have checked your eligibility. You HAVE to have the card, regardless of the pregnancy.

Just a warning :)

I got mine at about 10-12 weeks. Check with your mw. My form was sent of at 7 weeks!
I think they dont normally issue them until after 12 weeks though.

I was given a form at my booking in appointment at 7 wks. The midwife signed it and i filled in a few details and gave the estimated due date. My card arrived less than 2 weeks later.

I think the form was white with black writing and about A5 in size. Might be wrong though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->