Maternity Exemption Certificate

I called my midwife. They don't issue them here til 20 weeks.

I called my midwife. They don't issue them here til 20 weeks.

We have crossed wires I think. The MatB1 form isn't issued until after 20 weeks but that is not the same thing as the maternity exemption which gets you free prescriptions and dental treatment. You are entitled to that from the moment of conception, though usually the MW issues it so you won't be able to fill in the form until your booking in appointment.

i got mine at 7 weeks, but i had to fill in a form for it at the doctors?
xxx

you cant apply for it untill your 20wks then it takes a week to come well mine did anyway.

you cant apply for it untill your 20wks then it takes a week to come well mine did anyway.

well, that can't be true since I have mine and have had it few several weeks..... i even used it for my gaviscon at the pharmacy, i have the card sat in my purse as we speak... my midwife was shocked i didnt have it sooner, it was because of her that I sent off for it. it may be different in some areas, but I know you can't really say you can't apply for it earlier than 20 weeks, because I did, as did my sister.

Ok, confusion over (well, for me at least) I finally found the form I need to fill out to get my exemption certificate. This is what it looked like:

Attachments

• P030808_19.07.jpg
    P030808_19.07.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 11
Ok, confusion over (well, for me at least) I finally found the form I need to fill out to get my exemption certificate. This is what it looked like:

Glad you found it! Get it sent of quick quick and get free things!

did u fill the fw8 form out for it? I didn't realise we got a form because the dr never mentioned it. It wasn't till asking on here and other ladies mentioned it. I'd just never really thought, just presumed you were in the 'system' so to speak

Oops lol just saw above thread - serve me right for not readin all the way through :dohh: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->