Maternity Jeans

sarah1980

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just popped over from 1st tri to ask for some advice!

I'm getting to the stage where my jeans are becoming a bit tight so I'm looking at maternity jeans and what I am wondering is which ones are best, over the bump ones with the big panel at the top or the ones that look more like normal jeans and just have stretchy panels on the sides?

Does anyone have any experience with these and can offer me advice?

Thanks,

Sarah.xxx

i have just got some today from new look, they are the ones that have elastic all the way round but dont come right up over the bump, if that makes any sense lol- they are soooo comfortable tho. I also have some that just have the stretchy sides but they are no where near as comfortable. xx

I have a pair of over the bump ones- I find they fall down all the time!!! Always half way down my bumm! They are comfy except for that.
I have a pair that have a triangle wedge of elastic in the sides (dubbed my "teen mom" jeans) and they don't have a zipper- they're getting tight and dig into the bottom of my bump- but I LOVE how they look.
I also have a pair that have the 2-3inch band around the top and tehy are the most comfy but not the most stylish. I like my others for style and looking good (and less "maternity wear" in public). but the ones iwth the short thick band are the most comfy and would probably have gotten more like them. I find with the over the bump ones I roll/fold them down to make them fit better.
I got mine from a bargain store (Ross) but I'm in the US. I say try them on to see what you will like- everyone has different preferences. Lots of girls I talked to said they LOVE their over the bump pants.

i have just got some today from new look, they are the ones that have elastic all the way round but dont come right up over the bump, if that makes any sense lol- they are soooo comfortable tho. I also have some that just have the stretchy sides but they are no where near as comfortable. xx

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking that the ones with stretchy sides prob wont be that comfortable, especially nearer due date. Just going to have a wee look at New Look now, thanks again.

Sarah.xxx

I have a pair of over the bump ones- I find they fall down all the time!!! Always half way down my bumm! They are comfy except for that.
I have a pair that have a triangle wedge of elastic in the sides (dubbed my "teen mom" jeans) and they don't have a zipper- they're getting tight and dig into the bottom of my bump- but I LOVE how they look.
I also have a pair that have the 2-3inch band around the top and tehy are the most comfy but not the most stylish. I like my others for style and looking good (and less "maternity wear" in public). but the ones iwth the short thick band are the most comfy and would probably have gotten more like them. I find with the over the bump ones I roll/fold them down to make them fit better.
I got mine from a bargain store (Ross) but I'm in the US. I say try them on to see what you will like- everyone has different preferences. Lots of girls I talked to said they LOVE their over the bump pants.

Thanks MissFox, that agrees with what Lexilou said. Yes I think I'm going to have to take a trip to try on some jeans, the shops in the town I live in are too small to stock maternity ranges, grrrr!

Sarah.xxx

The full-panel maternity jeans are more for last tri. I bought some the minute I couldn't button my jeans, but they are still too big at 24 weeks. Def wait to buy these till you have a BIG bump.
I recommend using belly bands so that you can continue to wear your regular clothes, unbuttoned and unzipped - the belly bands will hide it. Or you could buy regular jeans in a larger size, or buy the maternity ones with small elastic panels.

The full-panel maternity jeans are more for last tri. I bought some the minute I couldn't button my jeans, but they are still too big at 24 weeks. Def wait to buy these till you have a BIG bump.
I recommend using belly bands so that you can continue to wear your regular clothes, unbuttoned and unzipped - the belly bands will hide it. Or you could buy regular jeans in a larger size, or buy the maternity ones with small elastic panels.

I am pretty convinced i'm going to end up with lots of different pairs - right now i'm at an in between stage where my regular jeans dont fit (alas mine don't stay up with a bump band) and over bump mat trousers are way too big. Just bought some with a soft band that goes under the bump, and some with side stretchy panels, and both are great and so comfy. However i KNOW they are not going to fit in a month or two! Pregnancy + style = lots of expense!! :)

My bump is large- I'm measuring 33-34 weeks and the full panel don't work like they're "supposed" to. I'm including my 29 week bump pic so you can see how large I am and they still slide down

Attachments

• 29 weeks.jpg
    29 weeks.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 7
I have a couple of pairs of over the bump jeans. One pair from Seraphine and they do fall down a bit and one pair from Mothercare, which are fab as they have the elastic/button adjustment inside that you get in childrens trousers, so you can tighten that until you get bigger to keep them up. I do have a biggish bump, although only 17 weeks (I am bigger than my 27 week pregnant friend) but have been wearing them this time since about 10 weeks and they really don't fall down at all. Plus, when it's freezing they keep me extra warm!

Ugh I'm hating all maternity jeans right now. I bought a few pairs with the 3inch band around the top but they are already getting uncomfortable because they squeeze my belly too hard, and if I wear them under my belly I get the saggy crotch/plummer crack look. I prefer the ones I have with the full panel that I can pull up over my belly or fold down, but they are always sliding down. Plus all the jeans make my ass look terrible because the pockets are way too big and set really far apart.

So I started buying yoga pants instead and I have been living in them. When I want to look a little nicer I just wear skirts with stretchy waistbands or dresses with a high waist.

OOO I Love the Yoga pants! Plus you can get them in a bunch of different styles- I have a pair that has a nice seam down the front and they look a lot more "professional" than most- and VERY comfy.

I like the full panel ones best, and from the reviews I've read, they're best for overweight gals like me, especially tall ones. I just bought a new pair yesterday and they are amazing. They fit perfectly. I have one pair I bought several weeks ago in a size up because I figured they'd fit better and better as I grew but they still fall down on me a lot, but it isn't so bad since they can fall farther before I have to pull them up lol. I have a demi panel pair, but they fall down too even though they are the right size and tbh a little tight in the butt. They squeeze my bump too much if I pull them halfway up my bump like they're supposed to be, but they fall right down and show my butt if I tuck them under my bump. I also have a dressy pair of I dunno what material, nylon or polyester or something, they're smooth and soft, and they are full panel and soooo comfy. They're comfier than sweat pants were before I got pregnant. For yoga pants, I just wear regular ones and tuck them under my bump. I need to get some in a bigger size now though. All in all, the full panel have definitely been the comfiest, and they look the best on me too.

i found over the bump ANYTHING really annoying and itchy.. I hated it. Topshop maternity do some great ones, especially the black 'Leigh' supersoft skinny trousers... stretchy panel sits under your bump, i find them soooooo comfortable.. you can order them online too. xx

Thank you all, I am going for a trip to try some on tomorrow, I shall let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Sarah.xxx

Hey, Mothercare do some great bits... I recently got some jeans in the sale!! x

I like next and mothercare maternity jeans. Love the adjustable button waist, buy big and pull the waist in so they will last. I would try them on for sure before you buy though. I needed the next size up for them to be really comfy. Although I'm sure that's a lot to do with all the weight I have put on around the bum area :rofl: x

Just to update you all, I got a pair of over the bump jeans from new look, they are really comfy and only cost £16. I think they will only last a couple of months until they are too tight but we will see!

i have two pair that have the 3 inch band all the way around.. i like them the best, but i've noticed they hurt me around the waste if i'm sittin too much in them. i have one pair of the over the belly one. they're actualy the most comfortable... but hate the band on my belly, lol. but i dunno.. i'd said they're prolly most comfortable for me.

Glad you found something comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->