Maternity leave...Things to do - Books to read!!

BABY76

Trying for first
Reaction score
I'm due to start my maternity leave next week. I'm determined I'm going to do as little as possible while my 1 year old is at nursery Tues, Wed & Thurs I have the sky box full of programmes but was wondering if anyone has any good books to recommend or lazy things I can do?

What will/are you all doing on maternity leave to pass the time?

I can't wait for mat leave to start.... still 3 more veeerrryyyy long weeks left :( but then I have 5 weeks before due date thanks to hols and days owed :) I think il try do something with the garden while I have half a chance, also I love reading, game of thrones books are deadly, and I also CANNOT wait for the new Dan Brown book to come out next week (inferno) it's the next one after da Vinci code, angels and deamons and the lost symbol...

I can't wait for mat leave to start.... still 3 more veeerrryyyy long weeks left :( but then I have 5 weeks before due date thanks to hols and days owed :) I think il try do something with the garden while I have half a chance, also I love reading, game of thrones books are deadly, and I also CANNOT wait for the new Dan Brown book to come out next week (inferno) it's the next one after da Vinci code, angels and deamons and the lost symbol...

I may potter in the garden of the weather is nice and I have the energy.
I've not read any of Dan Brown - which do you recommend starting with? ?
Last week I was considering working next week also (up to 39 weeks) however this week has been a real struggle, I now can't wait.

Fri the 17th is my last day! Goodness I can't wait! I have a few sewing projects lined up. I'm going to make some cloth wipes and some DIY Nursing Pads. I also plan on doing a little bit of cleaning and a ton of relaxing. I've worked full time since I graduated HS. So I'm looking forward to a few weeks of doing whatever the heck I want to do. :)

Oh I'm also going to prepare some Witch Hazel padsicles! Funfun.

I have heard these mentioned a few times - what are they and what are they for? :)

I come off on the 5th of June and baby not due til 13th July so lots of time to fill - I think I am just going to see friends, prepare the house and find things to do :)

I have heard these mentioned a few times - what are they and what are they for? :)

I come off on the 5th of June and baby not due til 13th July so lots of time to fill - I think I am just going to see friends, prepare the house and find things to do :)

Apparently they are great for the first few days PP. you just take some of your maternity/over night pads, open them up, dump some Witch Hazel on them and roll them back up & stick them in the freezer until you are ready to use one. Some other ppl put aloe and lavender on them as well but that seemed like too much work to me. The Witch Hazel is supposed to help soothe and heal wounds and the coldness just feels good apparently. :)

Fri the 17th is my last day! Goodness I can't wait! I have a few sewing projects lined up. I'm going to make some cloth wipes and some DIY Nursing Pads. I also plan on doing a little bit of cleaning and a ton of relaxing. I've worked full time since I graduated HS. So I'm looking forward to a few weeks of doing whatever the heck I want to do. :)

That's a very productive maternity leave:flower:

I may potter in the garden of the weather is nice and I have the energy.
I've not read any of Dan Brown - which do you recommend starting with? ?
Last week I was considering working next week also (up to 39 weeks) however this week has been a real struggle, I now can't wait.

They are actually brilliant books.... they are a series aswell so if you get to read them then start with da vinci code, then angels and demons, then the lost symbol.... inferno is the 4th but not out till next week.... tom hanks plays the character in the movies of them too...

I am going to learn to sew & planning to make cloth sandwich wraps for my girls school (going for our fourth Eco flag and trying to get the lunch hall plastic/foil wrapper free). Also I have patterns for cotton pyjamas that my girls want so I am going to try and make matching nighties or pj in pink gingham for the three girls :)

I have been off for a week now... Time fills itself up every day regardless of plans!

Of course I have a sleep in every day since I'm a FTM :)

Tidy up the house every morning, laundry every day, watch some TV, grocery shopping, drs appts, baby laundry, paying bills, making dinner. I haven't read a book yet!

Can i just say (as this is coming from someone who has a HUGE support network) that the weeks before baby arrives- although it is great to chill out, stock up on sleep and watch rubbish TV- it is also a time to stock up your freezer, clean the house top to bottom, do every piece of laundry in the house and have everything sorted out for the first few weeks so you have minimal things to worry about

I have been off for a while now, so far I have:

Cleaned house and kept on top if it, I do about an hour of house work a day (hoovering, cleaning kitchen, washing pots and doing washing)

Purchased remaining baby items

Sold things on eBay

Cook a meal for evening meal pretty much every day ...haven't froze any yet though, think I might start next week

Sorted through babies clothes and washed and hung up all new born - 3 months

Washed al babies bedding

Cleaned and sorted through children's bedrooms, also sorted through clothes that no longer fit them and put some away for DS2

All the above I've done on days that children are at nursery and school (Monday and Tuesdays) Wednesday - Friday I try do as much as I can with DS; soft play, play dates with friends and their LOs, play groups etc

X

Oh also packed mine and baby's bags for hospital

X

I finsih next Friday!

I plan on:

Washing the remainder of babys clothes.
General daily house cleaning
Other clothes washing daily to keep on top of things
Sleeping in (making the most of it while i can!)
Giving the inside of my fridge and freezer a good clean!
Pottering in the garden
Lunch dates
Baking
Spending some time with my Nan as i dont get much time to see her apart from weekends :)
Oh and hubby is on a 'summer shift' now which means in his line of work hes really busy in the winter so they have an extra day off in the week so Im sure we will spend those days together maybe a trip to the beach or take our doggy somewhere nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->