Maternity leave-what are you doing/have you done today?

rubycrumble

Reaction score
I'm on maternity leave at the moment and I'm finding it weird getting used to not having a routine! Some days I get loads done (well I have spd so not LOADS!) and some days I do barely nothing before OH walks in from work!

I'm being abit nosey here but what have you done/are you doing today?

I'm interested to know how varied everyones days are!

Today I have:

got up dead early as couldn't sleep (spd Grrrr)!
Saw oh off to work
emptied dishwasher/made beds etc
let some workmen in who are doing some damp proofing for us
had long bath, washed hair, shaved what I could reach of my legs

now I'm bored!! No idea what to do for the rest of the day-don't get me wrong, iv got loads I could be doing but with another 7 weeks til due date I'm trying not to run out of tasks ha ha!

I have managed to get out of bed. Lol that's it! The highlight of my day will be going to the post office!

I am already bored and this is my first day of maternity leave! lol

Tell me about it! I try not to stay in bed too long cos I can't sleep when I'm there! Watch a few episodes of my One Tree Hill box set - play on the comp then......I'm bored! Have been making some cakes which takes up a bit of time but it hurts my back to stand for too long! Plus I did buy a jigsaw puzzle to try & contain some of the boredom, it works for a while but I get frustrated when I can't find the bit I'm looking for!!!

i normally go swimming every day and do half an hour up and down but today i really can't be bothered and am staying in bed in my pjs and having a duvet day watching crap on the tele!! Tomorrow im going to the cinema (on my own i know its sad) but i really wanna go and see harry potter and no-one else wants to see it!!

If you can, try swimming, its always quiet at this time of the day because everyone is at work and it makes you feel better being weightless in the water! xx

i'm meant to be cleaning but i'm stuck on my laptop lol. i did get up and tidy up and put the washing up away, made beds, had some breakfast and took sausages out for dinner tonight. also did a small asda online shop. trying to catch up on some tele too (got all of last weeks eastenders to watch along with a few other things). i am struggling some days though. i just get so bored. i've resorted to going on my wii fit to keep active as i cant even be bothered to leave the house. x

I'm proud of myself - for the first time in weeks, I've blowdried and straightened my hair! I've even put make up on! :thumbup:

For the rest of the day, I'll be cleaning/tidying and probably watching a few episodes of 'House' on DVD. If I feel up to it, may waddle extremely slowly down to the shop to get some fresh air. And chocolate.

Today is my first day of maternity leave. So far all I have done is get up and call my mum. Now I'm deciding on what to have for brekkie!

It's only 8:30 here though!

I'm proud of myself - for the first time in weeks, I've blowdried and straightened my hair! I've even put make up on! :thumbup:

omg i cant even remember what i look like with straightened hair and make up lol. i look and feel like such a scruff but i cant be bothered doing my hair or make up whatsoever.

today i was up for the loo at 4:30, then couldn't sleep so got up at 5:30, watched a movie and had breakfast before OH was even up! saw him off to work, then washed a load of our clothes, and then a load of baby stuff. Had a shower but put my dressing gown back on as all my comfy trousers are now damp on the airer.
OH came home for lunch so that killed an hour.
now i'm on a cuppa and a stack of digestives and i'm going to try and find something slow to watch this afternoon in the hope it'll send me to sleep!
I have 2 labour classes this week (wed/Fri) and lunch with friends (thurs) and a midwife appt (Wed) so most of my week is full so i figure i'm allowed a day of not getting dressed!

I'm home with my son so I think it will be waking up (which isn't going so well yet), some laundry, and the park with him and let him run amok for awhile while I sit there like a lump :rofl: Other than that, I think playdoh or drawing? Legoes?

I have been on maternity leave since beginning of January but what started out with me fairly organised has become quite a mess.

Today I have:

got up very early to let DH off to work making him some lunch which he decided he didn't need
sat on the computer off and on all day to try to get some rest
had a shower, dressed me and DD
looked for car keys which involved turning the entire house upside down and trying to clean up some what - never did find them
packed some toiletries for my hospital bag
bathed, read and told stories to my toddler who had made herself filthy making sandcastles outside

Not much really. Woke up with DH and saw him off to work, watched tv for a couple of hours (jeremy Kyle etc). Got up and had a shower. Had some toast, put some washing in then DH came home on his lunch break so we DTD and now am just mooching around on here.
That's generally my day every day. This afternoon I will rest up a bit, do the washing up and then get tea ready for when hubby comes home at 5.

I got up normal time 7am to get my daughter to school (although I'd been napping for a couple of hours!)
Got the washing out of the machine (haven't hung it up yet!)
Look at some stuff on the internet
Went for a swim (more of a float!)

That's it so far and it's not looking good for the rest of the day lol

I'm taking it easy because soon I won't get the chance :winkwink:

I was up early this morning, chatting with OH whilst he was getting ready for work, then breakfast, shower, got dressed, put on makeup, wrestled with my biggest boots (feet and ankles has swollen again).
Doctors appointment, strolled into village to pick up prescription for ranitidine :thumbup: bought a magazine and a big bar of galaxy. Leisurely walk home.
Tesco delivery, checked it all off and put it away.
Put a load of washing on, feet up with magazine and chocolate.
Hung out washing, now I'll take it easy for a couple of hours before OH comes home, then make dinner.

I'm meeting friends for lunch on Tuesday and Thursday, and have a midwife appointment on Friday.

I'm not bored in the slightest, I'm really enjoying being able to potter about and nap whenever I need to. I love being on maternity leave :happydance:

It's only 9:25am here, so I woke up, made my husbands breakfast and packed his lunch, had my breakfast... and now I'm chatting with my sister and I'm on BnB!

Also waiting to call the Dr. at 9:30 when they open because I NEED them to fill a form out for me for my work since I had to get off work early

Up early to see OH off, then back to bed for an hour, put washing on, walked to surgery for midwife appointment, came back home, had lunch, took washing out, cleaned kitchen thoroughly (am starting to get OCD with this, think it's the nesting instinct kicking in...) am going to tackle a pile of ironing now if I can be bothered to get off my backside which is looking highly unlikely at the moment. Honestly, I don't know where all this bloody ironing comes from!!! :shrug: Oh, and prepare dinner for later... I really want to lie on sofa and read my books!

Today I stayed in bed for a hour after nubby went to work then got up got dressed had some toast and a cuppa. Then watched baby programmes till about 1pm. Then I turned up the curtains for my dining room ready for hubby to put up when he gets home. And I've sorted out the kitchen drawer you know the one we all have that's full of junk lol! And created a baby changing draw in the coffee table in the lounge. It's now got wipe nappies cotton wool a cream in it instead of having a changing box in the lounge all the time.
I'm trying to keep busy cos I get a bit teary wen I am on my own :blush: after the weekend.
I've been off since 27 weeks due to spd but now I'm on mat leave it's really starting to drag!
I'm going to ikea tomorrow tho with my lovely mil and sil
So that's me xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"