maternity leave

Due on 02/08
I have 5 weeks holiday to take before hand so my last day in the office is 26/06
Maternity leave will start on 03/08

Im due on 31st of August...

My maternity leave starts on 13th of September but Im taking 4 weeks holiday before it so technically I stop on 16th of August!!

I am due 21st Sept and am taking my 6 weeks hols before my mat leave and the mat leave starts 11 weeks before my due date so I finish mid May! I can't wait!!

I'm Due October 22nd....(sorry to jump in on the thread but I'm already thinking about this!!)

Planning on taking my 6 weeks at almost full pay before due date so finish 4th September (my B'day on 7th so wanted to finish before that! :happydance:) I also have 4 weeks holiday to take I think but I may just push my start date for my ML back and enjoy a bit more time off with reasonable money. Will probably go on the 28th August......really miffed that I'm missing all of the nice weather and then will be going back to work at the end of June!!! :hissy: so missing it all again!!!!

I teach, and am due on the 5th Sept.. So I will start on the 1st Sept but then have the 6weeks hols before. I'm a Head of Department so am tempted to try and go in for the meetings on the first day! Think I may need to be driven in though!!

You timed that much better than us - I start my ML at the beginning of the holidays so I don't even get full pay for the holidays! Ah well, there are worse things. We had been aiming for an August/Sept due date but these things aren't an exact science, eh?!

We break up for the summer on 21st July so that'll be my last teaching day all being well, and then my mat leave starts on the 26th and my due date's the 27th. So in reality I'll not be working for a week before my due date but technically it's the day before! All being well, of course...

I'd like to say that we sat down and planned it meticulously :rofl: but really was fluke! Good timing indeed! I am really hoping that it does all work out!!

I will have to start mine on the 1st July as I have a pregnancy related illness and have been off sick since 6th January. I am therefore forced to start my maternity leave at 36 weeks I am due on 1st August. I also have 47 days holiday to take for the period August 08 - August 09, and then the holidays from August 09-August 10 of which I will take about 20 out of the 47, so seems like I will have up to 3 months maternity leave as holiday, then 18 weeks of actual maternity leave....make sense....I seem to have muddled myself up too

Hi...

I cant make up my mind either but I know its great to have all the time after the baby is born but i know i will be really tired :sleep: and big :hissy: by then so im now thinking I want to finish early.. Im due 27th September so think i might take my 4 weeks holiday in August and begin my mat leave 1st sep then ill still have 8months with my baby :happydance: (ill be due annual leave when i return anyway) hehe!

I think thats my mind eventually made up :rofl: so i will be finishing up on 3rd August!! :happydance: and i still have 6 days off in May going to Turkey and then a long weekend in June for a wedding! :happydance: Oh that sounds fab but i just wish it was now. lol.

xx

I am due on 7th August and am starting my Mat Leave on 3rd July, all my hols are fixed and the next ones are not till August so I can't tag any on unfortunately!

I'm a teacher too... and due mid-Oct... sooooooo.... 6 weeks hols, and MatLeave starts around 1st Sept!!! Hehe!!

I'm due 10/09/09 and hope to start mat leave on 24/08/09, all going well that is! I want to try and keep as much time for after baby is born, no hols to take as have been told I can take them all at the end of my mat leave next year so that will help too.

im due on the 19th august and going on 24th june. I only work 8 hours a week in a shop but I model aswel. And will carry on doing pregnancy modeling until August which helps with money.
Il prob go back at 23rd December or mayeb earlier

My maternity leave starts on 13th of September but Im taking 4 weeks holiday before it so technically I stop on 16th of August!!

Are you in the UK I thought the latest maternity leave could start is on your due date or the day after baby is born if it comes early?

My last day in work is the 17th July, this I will take as annual leave then my maternity starts on the 27th July, little one is due 2nd August.

I go back to work the 3rd week in February 2010, after 26 weeks maternity leave and two weeks annual leave.

Sorted this out with my Line Manager today..........

Lynn xx

I'm due 30th July and am starting mat leave on the 29th June.
yippee, not long to go now!

I'm due 25th July. I will be taking 4 weeks hols starting 22nd June and starting mat leave the week before I am due. Yippeeeeee! x

Are you in the UK I thought the latest maternity leave could start is on your due date or the day after baby is born if it comes early?

I thought this too. But I work in the NHS and mat leave must start on a sunday. Unfortunately I am due on a Sat so I can't start my mat leave that day, I have to start the sunday before it. YOu can't start your mat leave the day after. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->