Maternity Leave??

S

sparkswillfly

When is/did everyone go on maternity leave? I need to work as long as possible because Im not entitled to maternity pay (havent worked long enough). I have no idea what the norm is and how 'able' im going to be 30 weeks plus.

My official dates is 14th November so i should be about 35 weeks by then, though ive saved up a few weeks worth of holiday so i can go a bit earlier if i want/need too, though im prob gona go on 31st Oct as i originally planned

I was planning on working right up, But now finding it harder. So i leave on Friday and ill be 37 weeks :) but ill still be working a bit from home on maternity leave just to make sure everything doesnt go to pot! lol XxX

What kinda job do you do? if you dont mind me asking is it physically demanding? XxX

Just office temping at the moment. However Im waiting to start as a prison officer, no idea when that will be as I am in the middle of vetting at the moment. Dont really want to have to turn down a training date as I could then be waiting even longer, but Im pretty limited as I dont think I could work up to 37 weeks! Not the best timing.
!

Lol yeah also with the training day, be sure to mention your preg when they offer you a place as there may be aspects of it that you cant do due to health and safety :) XxX

I'm due to go back to work on Monday (work in a school so had summer off) but i've been signed off sick for 4 wks because i'm struggling to walk because of pelvic pain.

Had planned to finish on 17th October but doctor has said i won't work again this pregnancy.

had the wonderous 6 weeks off as well, am returning on fri to start my term. i will be working for the whole of sept, even the open day for new year 7's to look round on the 26th sept, and thats my last day... im due on the 30th - its gonna be tough, but want to stay active have had a long enough rest!!!

I'm on my feet most of the day supporting people with learning difficulties working stupid shifts. I'm finding it really hard both mentally and physically atm.
I finish work about 33 + 5 weeks and am really wishing i'd already finished!! x

i started my leave 22nd july n my thick boss has only just sorted my maternity but bet it will still be wrong lol

u can get maternity pay from jobcentre thats what its there for :)

I'm finishing up work at 36 weeks, taking 2 weeks holiday and starting maternity leave when I'm 38 weeks. A few girls I know who I work with are finishing a lot earlier than me, at 31 weeks.

i am planning on working until i burst...literally :rofl: depends on how the pregnancy goes I assume.

I was planning on working until the very very end... but if things keep going poorly at work and my blood pressure doesn't stablize then I can see going off sick long before I go on Materity. Will be interesting to see what my Baby Dr. says on Wend.

Hopefully everything will go to plan and I work right up until I burst or Im going to be extremely poor! oh well

I'm going at 39wks. Even though I spend all day on my feet, I like my job. And figured i'd rather be there than spending all day at home by myself.

I'm having a weeks annual leave at 37 weeks, then start my mat leave at 38 weeks. If I feel well enough nearer the time, I will put if off by a week. I'd rsther have the time after bubs is born than before.

I was planning on working up until 8th August which was 3 weeks off my due date but I went into early labour at 31 weeks and was advised to give up work :( I wanted to work for as long as poss because I got made redundant at the beginning of my pregnancy and so lost my SMP entitlement but sadly it wasnt possible!

Officially i start my maternity leave on sunday so at 36 weeks, however i havent actually worked since i was 29 weeks due to pelvic pain. I was signed off sick for 1 month then took the rest of as annual leave. I do however have a very busy demanding job where i am on my feet for the entire shift sometimes without a break atall.
Im having 6 months off mat leave then going back to work part time.x

I finish work at the end of October. I then have around 3 weeks of leave to take before my mat pay kicks in so I'll be something like 38.5weeks when that starts. I wish I could finish now though!

my last day at work is this Friday! :happydance:
So i have made it to 34weeks working full-time which im happy with.
Time to chill now me thinks :thumbup:

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back