Maternity Leave??

I am going to work up to 37 weeks. I want more time off at the other end with my LO so I think my last date is the 14 November!

Im going at 36weeks. I work in a hospital and its very physically demanding... even now its quite difficult, but I need the money and the time with my LO.

This will also give me a couple weeks to get things set up and relax.

Mine was due to start 07 Nov but im using up a weeks worth of holidays and leaving on the 31 oct instead.

I was going to work up until 2 weeks before my due date but my last date at work is 6 October (so i will be nearly 34 weeks) due to pelvic pain and just want a rest before baby comes.......i have two weeks holiday prior to that so techinically my last day is 19 september....and i cant wait...just to be able to have the luxury of having a nap in the daytime....

I officially start mid october so 36weeks but I have 2weeks holiday prior to this so stopping at 34weeks

Im going on mine at 33 weeks, 1st October im a free women..
I wanted to wait for as long as i can, but my job is so challening, i work with young adults who have learning disabilites and challenging behaviour and im struggling alot now. So it's 33 weeks for me!!!

I'm due on 6th Feb so working well hopefully until end of Jan, as want all my maternity at home with her. DH is doing the same and working right up until I say "ouch" I'd do the same but I have to give a date so... I guess end of Jan is close enough. I work from home on the PC so I am hoping I am able to do it even if it means on laptop in bed!

I'm a full-time Mummy, I don't get maternity leave or pay either:cry:....sorry, bit knackered today and feeling sorry for myself:rofl:.

....I can't even throw a sickie for a rest either:blush:

I think it depends on the nature of your job as to when you should leave. I'll leave as early as possible as I'm on my feet for 5 hours + at a time with no break. I'm planning on going on maternity leave around early December time. (I'm due 10th Feb)

I have an office job, and we are particularly quiet over the summer, so I was able to work to 36 weeks, and could have worked later but want a few weeks at home with my dd before the baby comes. I am loving being home and having time to cook proper meals, etc!!!

Hev, I really feel for you. I have loads of family nearby willing to take my dd if I am feeling really rough, if you don't have that, it must be very very hard xxxx

My official date was 29th august but I got signed off 3 weeks earlier :)

right up to the day if possible, Im self employed and cant survive on just the maternity allowance.

good thing is Im a childminder so I have employed my mum as my assistant and shes going to help me in the last weeks

Well my previous post says 36weeks, however I just had an appointment with my DR this Fri and she was trying to get me to let her sign me off NOW!!! I said no, I really cant go off now, so she said she will see how things are going in 2 weeks at our next apointment.

I'm finishing work at 35 weeks, but using 5 weeks of annual leave....

Due date is 5th Jan, but my mat leave won't start until 1st Jan!!

I am leaving 7th November - taking 2 weeks holiday then starting mat leave....can't wait!!!

I'm taking my maternity leave quite early at 30weeks. I really don't like my work place anymore and I'm counting down the days until I can say so long fare well. I am not planning on returning to work there as the pay isn't good, the other staff don't pull there weight and getting into each others business and it's only part-time. I will be using my year of to sort out a new career as I will have new priorities then-my son! x

I'll be finishing work at around 30 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"