Maternity Leave

doctordeesmrs

Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3
Reaction score
Really don't think this is in the right place but didn't know where to put it. Mods please move it if you think it would be more appropriate elsewhere.

This has really annoyed me and i don't want to go causing arguments in work if i am in the wrong. So i am wondering if anyone can help.

Basically i took 3 weeks Annual Leave before my mat leave was due to start. Rocco was born during my second week of Annual Leave. I bumped into another member of staff yesterday who told me that my boss wanted to speak to me about this as it may effect my mat leave.

Firstly i am peed off that my boss was discussing this with other members of staff but thats another matter. Is my boss right? Does my mat leave have to start from the day bubs was born? I am so confused. I don't want to phone my boss guns a blazing if i am in the wrong.

Anybody know?

Bad news, I think your boss is right and maternity leave starts the day your baby is born. Maybe you can carry leave over into next year in the circumstances?

I think your boss is right too. Is N. Ireland maternity rights the same as England. If it is, then mat. leave will start on your bubs b-day. I'd still be pissed about him speaking about your business to another employee too.

I think so too, but its so wrong of him to discuss your circumstances with someone else

Yep your boss is right.

I got signed off work 3 weeks early due to the pregnancy and my maternity leave started from the day i got signed off.

Yes, I think your boss is right too (not speaking to a colleague about it though - totally out of order!) I was worried about this happening to me when I was looking at when to start my leave as I had 4 weeks holidays to take before my maternity leave started & didn't want to lose any of it by giving birth early- as it turns out I went about 3 weeks into my maternity leave before I gave birth, so I could have left it a bit longer :hissy:

Oh bum!! May get off my high horse then :rofl: Only problem is i have already been paid for my Annual Leave so i may actually have to go back to work 2 weeks early unless i just take the last 2 weeks as unpaid if that makes sense?

Thanks for the help girls

I would still say something to her about talking to a college about your maternity pay

yea, your maternity leave starts once bubs is born. bit shit he didnt tell YOU that first though!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->