Maternity Pay - Help!

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I can't figure out what I am entitled to. I started working for my employer in May but I don't earn very much (under £100 a week) I have no idea what to apply for and I'm finding it very confusing. Can anyone else who's applied give me some advice?

I dont know what you guys get in England.

I know over here we are entitled to 55% of your averaged pay, the average is taken from your earning for the 6 months prior to you going off.

I also get a top to 93% of my pay up because I work for a hospital.

av u been in work for 26 weeks in the last year? Your earning under £90 a week u ned to claim maternity allowance. U just go job centre and ask for a maternity allowance claim pack.

https://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCp/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_008115.xml.html

av u been in work for 26 weeks in the last year? Your earning under £90 a week u ned to claim maternity allowance. U just go job centre and ask for a maternity allowance claim pack.

yes I have been.

Does this mean I'll get the government allowance and not anything from my employer?

How long is it paid for?

Sorry for all the questions :blush:

yes the goverment allowance, your employer won't pay u anything but u will still have to give them a copy of your matb 1 form (i photocopied mine gave work the copy and jobcentre the original). u need to be clever about your earnings and do the maths for the test period so u can get the most benefit available to you. It's paid for 39 weeks as is SMP i think.

if you go on direct gov site youll see all the information you need and be able to work it out....theres a tool called the tiger tool and it will ask all your dates and money etc then work it all out for you

h x

Hey thelilbumb.

Could you tell me how I can be clever about my earnings and do the maths for the test period so I can get the most benefit available to me? This sounds interesting!

You should start by going to your employer. They will tell you whether you will be entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay or not. If you are they will pay this to you in the same way they pay you salary either weekly or montly and they claim it back from the government. If not then go the route of Maternity Allowance through the job centre.

I'm employed by the council and they have sorted out my maternity pay. I'd check out the websites or go to the job centre to ask. I had to give my employer notice of when i'm going on maternity leave. Don't know if you have to let the job centre know so many weeks before.

Hey thelilbumb.

Could you tell me how I can be clever about my earnings and do the maths for the test period so I can get the most benefit available to me? This sounds interesting!

Lol! Just work out the weeks you got paid the most. Take your wage slips and average the pay you came out with by the weeks u worked and are paid for on that slip. Obviously it depends on overtime worked because thats what will make the difference on your wages. Thats what the woman in the jobcentre advised us to do anyway.

If you don't qualify for SMP you will need to apply for MA now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->