Maternity photo timing??

LeahLou

Emilia+Brantley+Kyle
Reaction score
Anyone else getting maternity pictures done?? When are you planning on doing them? I'm thinking mid December since we're not sure if I'll make it through January.

I'm 23 weeks now so like 29-30 weeks

I'm planning to take mine around 34 weeks. I'm also 23 weeks, so that'll put me out to mid January.

We're hiring our friend who is a photographer that specializes in maternity and newborn photos. She told me that the majority of her maternity clients are between 32 and 36 weeks.

I'm only 3 days ahead of you!!

We're not sure if I can make it till then!

I've just booked mine for Feb 20 - I'll be 36+3. My photographer recommends between 32 and 36 weeks. I love the look of a bigger bump and my others have been born close to 42 weeks so I chose to go on the late side.

You'll have a super cute bump then! And I think it's better to take them a little earlier and have a slightly smaller bump than risk waiting too long and giving birth early and not getting any! I'm taking some today with my friend, who does maternity and kids photos. I'm only 21 weeks but she wanted to try and get some photos of my bump with the pretty fall leaves, so we're just doing a quick shoot. And maybe another one in the spring when my bump is big (before March, when I'm due). I love maternity photos!

My photographer friend said to wait as long as u possibly can (definitely 30 weeks or more) she said if you do them anytime before 30 weeks the bump doesn't come out looking as round as it should and can look a bit pudgy instead of ALL bump.

Not necessarily true, especially if pregnant with #2+. My bump is waaayyyy bigger with this one. I feel like am equivalent to when I was like 30 weeks with my first - but I'm only 21 weeks now. My maternity pics were awesome yesterday! So I think it depends on each woman and how they are showing :)

Here is a sneak peek of how they came out yesterday. It'll be a couple months till I see the rest but I love my friends photography and I know they will all be this awesome :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 18
Here is my current belly situation :haha:
image.jpg
Pretty pictures!!

Cute bump!! I think you'll look great in a few weeks for the pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->