Matilda's pretty quick/blurry arrival

littleRoo

Reaction score
Was due for a sweep at 9am on Monday 22/02 as I was due on 19th. Was getting ready to leave at about 8am when I suddenly felt a sharp stabbing pain in the lower part of my belly. About a minute after started getting waves of pain which i guessed were contractions but were coming quite close together and very painful. As i was due at the clinic told OH we might aswell go so the mws could confirm if i was in labour anyway and we got into the car. Got about 10 mins down the road and they were still coming really close together so decided to ring the labour ward who said to go home and have a bath as they didnt think they were very strong yet but to call if i needed any advice. Had to run up the stairs inbetween contractions and started to run a bath. Went for a wee and felt a big gush, looked down expecting to see that my waters had gone but found a toilet full of blood with lots of clots. I didnt want to panic OH so rang the ward again from the bathroom who told me to come straight in.
Hospital is usually about 30 mins away but there was a burst waters main so took over an hour, contractions were coming every 3 mins for about 70 - 90 secs. Pain was getting really bad, especially the stabbing pain at the bottom of my bump.
Eventually got to the hospital and struggled up to the ward while OH parked the car. Was already booked in to go to the MW led unit so was shown in there by the receptionist who was helping me walk and rubbing my back. In the room the pain was so strong I was crouched on the floor holding the bed leg. MWs were getting worried because of the pain at the bottom of my bump and the bleeding and decided to get one of the docs who examined me and found I was already 5cms dilated. Got moved to the labour ward where he broke my waters. OHs faced showed something was wrong so i put my hand down and when i brought it up it was covered in blood, contractions were very bad by now and everytime I had one blood was gushing out to. The doctors were saying that the baby had pooed which showed stress and that they thought something had ruptured and that it was better for me to have an eppi, clip on baby's head showed baby was ok so was just waiting for the eppi to be given which seemed like hours. Was having gas and air but was still feeling pain and was getting confused as the radio was on and i kept hearing the same thing over and over again. Halfway through getting the eppi put in one of the MWs lent over and pressed something that sent an alarm off. Was wheeled out the room into surgery. OH told me afterwards that baby's heart rate had dropped to nearly nothing. Was now being prepped for an emergency c-section and was being stripped, catheter and drips put in and all these pads stuck to me. As the first eppi was stopped was having another one put in, couldn't really speak as I was shaking so much and very scared and confused. There were about 4 doctors talking around me, one slowly explained that the baby's heart rate had gone back up and they didnt want to give me an unnessasary op so i could go back to the room and do it myself. Was still really scared when I got back to room but the pain was starting to ease with the eppi but could still feel the sharp pain and the blood coming out. MW examined me and I was now 8cms so she said I could push soon. Monitor was showing that my contractions were coming really iregular so took nearly an hour to get a few really strong ones, pushed with each one as hard as I could while having to press down on the stabbing pain to ease it. Doctor had to be present at the delivery so the MW told me to push while the doctor was getting ready to use the vontouse. Felt the urge to push really hard so kept on pushing continously for about 3/4 mins with all my might as the doctor pulled. Suddenly felt the head, then shoulders come out and my baby was put onto my tummy for a sec long enough for me to see she was a girl then taken to be checked over and the blood and stuff sucked out of her. OH was able to hold her soon after while the MW was trying to stop my bleeding and stitch up the small cut that had to be made unfortuneately this took over an hour I was bleeding alot.
Everything turned out to be ok and the docs said that they think some of the placenta had ruptured and it was a good job I went straight in. Our lovely baby Matilda was fine and is doing really well. Having to take lots of iron suppliments because of the blood loss and painkillers but was able to come home after 3 days.
Hope it all makes sense as it was a bit of a blurr. All in all the labour took 6hrs and docs think I was in silent labour on Sunday as I had alot of pressure in my bum all day.

oh my godness! congratulations on your arrival! glad you both well :)

that sounds pretty scary glad you are both ok, i love the name btw x

congratulations glad that u are both doing well xx

congratulations, glad everything worked out ok in the end x

Gosh! that sounds like a scary experience. Glad everything was ok in the end.
Love the name too! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->