Matthew has bronchilitus!!! UPDATED

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew been out of sorts for a few days, developed a cough and temp shot up yest, phoned NHS 24 and went to an emergency out of hours surgery where his temp was 39.4 and working really hard to breathe I was beside myself. Sent to see paediatrician 30 mins away where hev was diagnosed with bronchilitus (sp?) poor wee lamb is so miserable when his temp came down and he was able to keep down fluids they let him home. BUT.............................were supposed to be going away for the weekend to Barcelona and will loose a lot of money if we dont. He seems to be over the worst and much better this morning so we are going to go as I REALLY need the break, we have a backup plan in case we need to come straight hoe at any point. Im just sooooooooooooooo guilty about going and really nervous about leaving him but I know his granny (a nurse) will take great care of him.

I will try update while Im away but if not will be back mon night with a wee update, he's just away to grans there n I was a mess haha but he seems alot better xxxx

I hope Matthew is feeling better soon, he will be in safe hands with his Granny. You just have a good break, everything will be fine :hugs:.

Oh my friends little boy has had bronchilitis a few times - it sounds horrible. Glad he is getting better though. You enjoy your weekend hun, you deserve a nice relaxing time xx

Poor thing! He will well looked after, enjoy yourself!

Poor wee sole. Well I can totally sympathies with you as Archie has had a high temp for three days now. The hospital say that its a viral infection and his ears and throat are all inflamed. Its so scary dealing with high temps.

Im sure your wee man will be fine and dandy with his granny xxxx

I thought it was part of the Granny remit that they take care of poorly babies, first sniffle Abby get's she'll be shipped off quick smart!!:winkwink:

You're absolutely doing the right thing, you need the rest and it seems senseless to lose out when you're got a perfectly capable relative to look after Matthew.

Have a great trip.

Sorry to hear Matthew is poorly, hope he has improved over the weekend, am sure he has. It surprises me how resiliant our babies are and how they don't complain as much as we adults do. Well me anyway.
I am sure his Granny did a fab job of looking after him and spoiling him rotten!

Hope your weekend was good and you feel rested. I bet it was nice to spend time with your hubby.

x

well girls were now home and had a big cuddle with our sick boy before he threw up everywhere :dohh: basically he has been really ill all weekend, poor granny has had a time of it although she'd never admit it! The virus really floored him lots of vomit, runny nappies and a cranky boy who had no energy, at one point his temp got to 40.9 :shock: and he had to be constantly bathed to cool him down, hosp was called for advice and granny worried as he was very shaky and floppy and she was worried about him seizing but hosp talked her through how to bring his temp down.............then he develped a VERY angry red rash all over his body which just got worse over weekend, asked granny to take him to DR today as we were not back til late.

He now has a secondary infection! 'slapped cheek disease' which is caused by the Parvovirus???? may take a few weeks for him to be 100% so will be in with mummy with lots of cuddles. He's barely managed any feeds, not had solids since thur and granny says she thinks he may have lost a good bit of weight but hopefully that will soon pick up again.

Trip was ok-ish but was on tenderhooks and a bit teary at times just so glad to be home with my wee man, def wont be leaving him again any time son that was sheer torture, it truly is amazing how much having a baby changes your priorities. Hope everyone has had a pleasant weekend? xx

Awww poorly little man :( Get well soon Matthew :hugs:

Get well soon Matthew...poor little boy. At least he will get lots of lovely mummy cuddles. x

He now has a secondary infection! 'slapped cheek disease' which is caused by the Parvovirus???? may take a few weeks for him to be 100% so will be in with mummy with lots of cuddles. He's barely managed any feeds, not had solids since thur and granny says she thinks he may have lost a good bit of weight but hopefully that will soon pick up again.
My cousin had that years ago as a baby. We thought her mum was making it up (we always nicknamed her "Ill Jill" as she was always sick - she also had nappy rash in her head....:dohh:)

But I have heard it isn't pleasant. Poor wee loon. Hopefully he will get well soon.

he has one wee red patch in his hair mostly his neck and back doesnt look too 'boggin' haha. His wee bum is red raw with all the runs AND another tooth is on its way - poor wee guy cant catch a break. At least by the time he starts school he'll be super fit and immune to everything I suppose???

He is super-attatched to his dummy right now wich im hoping when he's better it settles down, he spits it out does not have the energy to put it back in himself and just sits and whines no amount to distraction works, our routine is sleep, poop, sleep, small feed, sleep, poop and more sleep. I have a wee newborn again :dohh:, sent DH to tesco for kids wrapping paper may as well start on Matthew's gifts while he's sleeping and were hybernating this week xx

Matthew seems to be on the mend :happydance: alot more active and chatty, a little sick this morn but apart from developing a bad temper over the weekend doing well and hopefully take him for some fresh air tomo - dont want to overdo it as going to see Sants on sun :cloud9: x

Glad to hear he is geting better. He is probably doin ghis best to be better for Santa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->