Maxi micro scooter

Scally

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting one of these for my daughter for our long walk to school starting Sept! I think i'm pretty much decided on one- even though its £100! Does anyone have one and can recommend? any pros? cons? Anywhere i can get one a little cheaper?
Thank you x

Is it the actual Maxi Micro Scooter you're looking at? I definitely think they're worth the money. We have a Mini Micro and a Maxi Micro for our 2 and 4 year olds. The 4 year old would be okay on the Mini but it wouldn't last her much longer, but the Maxi should last her at least another few years... until she decides she wants a 2 wheel scooter (if she ever does). I actually read somewhere that they say they're for up to 50kg and that is what the steering is optimised for but they're actually weight tested up to 80kg. With that in mind, I've had a go (or 10) on it and it's great fun! I do think it's worth spending the money on a good scooter. I haven't seen many bigger scooters similar to the Maxi, but I've seen plenty of cheaper alternatives to the Mini Micro and they really don't compare for quality or ease of use.

I haven't looked at prices recently but I found it cheaper to get ours from Germany from this site - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/praesenz/search/q-maxi+micro+scooter It worked out cheaper even with postage and the delivery time was no longer than from a UK company.

Thank you so much for your reply- i will look on that site, thats really helpful. I am going for Maxi as she is tall and it looks like it could withstand 2 and a half miles a day! (also going to get the scoot n pull for me to pull her if she tires!

Loads of kids at my sons school have these and they look pretty good.
My son had a general 2 wheeled scooter which he was able to use well. He also cycled in a proper bike.

One thing I would say is that scooting is really tiring. My son struggled to do the whole 1 mile to his school on the scooter. However on his bike he can do it really easily.

We didn't bother with a three wheeler scooter and went straight for a two wheeler. We got a Razor one for £30 for Xmas.

Joshua uses it everyday for School. I'd highly recommend it, quick & easy to fold, light to carry, height adjustable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->