May be having a miscarriage.

rebekah05

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am 37 and my husband and I have been TTC #1 for 2 cycles. I have very regular periods like clockwork every 28 days. But this month I woke up today at day 26 and was bleeding. Not extremely heavy but heavy enough. No clotting but a lot of cramping and back pains. So I called my OBGYN and they said it could be a miscarriage or it could be that I am 37 and my cycles may start going haywire. She said I need to monitor my cramping and back pains and look for clotting or very heavy bleeding. If that happens I have to go in, but if not she said I don't need to go in, it could just be my body changing.

Has anyone else ever gone through this? I am scared. I feel like there is something wrong with me. I'm just really emotional right now and could use some support. Sorry for the depressing post.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Have you had a positive HPT? Right now, I am inclined to think that AF might have shown a little early.

Thank you so much for the hug dachsundmom. No I didn't have a positive test. I used FRER and it was negative at six days early.

I am not a doctor, but I really think it's an early AF and this certainly does not mean something is wrong with you.:hugs:

thanks again. So dogs always cheer me up. I went to college for animal behavior and they are like kids to me. I was over the moon when I saw your avatar pic. Tell me about your Doxie? Boy/girl, age, and how did stringing those lights work out for the precious little angel?

:haha::haha:

My doxie is a chocolte/tan male...Porkchop. He is not in my avatar bc the little rat bas*ard would have eaten the lights and then required very expensive medical treatment.:growlmad::haha:

We also have a chocolate lab named Barney, but I don't talk about him as much bc he is perfect...:flower:

Then there is DD's poor cat, Miles. Have I also mentioned that Porky is a cat rapist? :growlmad::nope::haha:

I agree that it's probably AF showing early, which can happen sometimes. Did you have any signs that you might have been pregnant?

I see you have been trying for 2 cycles - what form of birth control did you use before?

After a few months of TTC, my periods started to become heavier with more back pain and cramps than I had while on birth control. My doctor told me that heavy periods were good as it meant the body was recovering and clearing the lining for the new month. He said with women over 35, this can be difficult so a heavier period was a good sign of cleansing and resetting for the next month.

Good luck!!

I agree with Dmom I think it is early AF, it does happen every now and again.

Dmom. I love your pet stories, I am always looking forward what Porkchop is up to. and I am jealous at your chocolate lab, I bet he is gorgeous:hugs:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH he is gorgeous! what a lovely picuture Dmom! Stunning.

I can see why, it is a great picture!
My favourite of my greyhound is one where he is running on the beach, will post it when I am home.

From what I understand from ov to af the uterus continues building up lining pregnant or not, so if you had a mc before AF was due it would be classed as a chemical pregnancy and shouldn´t be much heavier than regular AF. I had a mc at seven weeks and it wasn´t much worse than AF is normally and that is with two whole weeks more uterus. So I´d be inclined to go with the ladies and say you got a bad AF early which could be caused by a whole range of things and none of them necessarily bad. Keep an eye on your cycle for a few months. Did you take anything new this cycle? OEP or soy?

Lovely dog pics!

I wouldn't worry too much, a day or two early or late is pretty normal :) I always said my cycle was the same every month....it wasn't till I got serious about TTC that I noticed it was off by a few days some months:)

Dmom- love that photo of Barney, very handsome boy:)

I love ht pic of Barney as well.

We just pulled out before so no chemicals from BCP's or anything. I actually called my mom and she started pre-menopause at 36-37. She said that is what it could be and pregnancy could be dangerous. So I am seeing the doctor on Thursday to get checked out. Wish me luck and thanks for the support ladies.

I agree with all the ladies...it's likely an early arrival of AF :hugs: She got me almost a week early last month so I know all too well the panic you are feeling. I personally freaked out and expected that my uterus was going to fall out at any minute :wacko: It's amazing how TTC basically takes a huge spotlight and shines it directly on things that once upon a time we would probably have never even noticed. It can definitely suck at times for sure :flower:

Like DMom I also have a dachshund, although he's (mostly) my little angel :winkwink: His name is Dasch though we mostly call him Bees. I think I may have to ship him to off to DMom's for a bit to so he can teach Porkchop a few lessons about what constitues an actual "potty area" :haha:

Porky likes to piss on the couch...that's his favorite spot; made even better if I am sitting on it! :growlmad:

OMG, when you are sitting on it?!! The nerve of him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->