May become a single parent...cope?

Lotti1978

MC @7 weeks-Angel Oct09
Reaction score
I may be splitting from my husband and dont know how I will cope.

I have a 6m old and my job doesnt pay great, we wouldnt have any money left after selling our house if we did and he has a good job so he will be fine......I dont know how I would cope!!???

Anyone?

You will cope!! Trust me i have been going through this for the last few months.

I split with my ex when i was 8 weeks pregnant, i was worried sick about how i could afford to be on my own! You will get tax credits and it will surprise you how much help you get! If you go into rented you will also get help with your rent and council tax.

I didnt believe how much help i would get but have looked into it and it seems correct. Im a police officer and earn a good wage, i only want to go back part time which will cut my wages in half, but with tax credits, housing benefit, child benefit and maintenance from the ex i really think ill be ok.

If you want to chat pm me xx

Child support and if it's available to you, spousal support.

Laurajane is right... you will cope and be amazed at how much help there is on a financial side of things.

On the emotional side lean on your friends and family and BnB.. all of these helped me no end when I was going through it.

Lots of love, stay strong and don't be afraid to talk, ask for help, or vent your feelings.

hugs

xxx

I feel so guilty as Ive read lots of posts where ppls hubbys or b/f have left or treated them like shit. My hubby adores me and loves me, wants me all the time but due to him never listening, being mardy and lazy, got totally complacent and not standing up for me, the spark has gone. Am I wrong???

you will cope if you decide to split

would couples councilling maybe help before you split? x

Trust me you can do it, it will be harder but you can do it. My mum got pregnant at 18 and broke up with her FOB and she was struggling so hard, but she managed to get into university and now she's rich and has a very good education. Please don't think you can't do it because you can, us woman are able to have kids and raise them on our own, we don't need a guy. Some are just sperm donors (sorry to say).

ull b fine hun, im classed a single parent now and im moving into a new house next week, most of the rent and council tax are payed for me and the ctc and cb will help massively, plus if ur working ull have your wtc, ull manage fine hunni xx

things always work out..if anything ul probably be better off! ul get alot of help mums do! im fulltime at college and have all my daughters nursery paid for and receive money every week for both her and i..also i receive csa money from her father to support her which ur husband will also need to do! everything has some weird way of working! dont worry ur a mum already u know how its done :) x:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->