***May Blossoms Due Dates Join Here**47 Babies Born!***

Thanks hun, Im going to try and wait till 8 weeks if they allow it, maybe just have blood work done and monitor that. I dont want there to be any questions whether a HB can be found or not. Its only 3 weeks away, I waited a lifetime already so 3 weeks is worth the wait xxxx

I know what you mean... its been so long trying that I'm finally making progress so the wait is almost more bearable! We are waiting to see the heartbeat before we tell our families... so its making that harder to bear, not even being able to tell my MIL or SIL etc...

I think thats smart with the blood monitoring since they'd pick up on a molar pregnancy that way too, with no stress about hb there or not.
This week is flying by, yet crawling at the same time!

My mum found out - my phone has been none stop with well wishers!! I wasnt going to tell her until 12 weeks, but she asked me out right last night and again today and I couldnt lie to her she knows me too well lol When she finished crying she announced it to anyone that would listen lol She wants this for me as much as I do bless her. Heres to a happy 8 months for us both :wine: <<< juice of course!!!

hee hee! Yeah, the reason I'm being strict about not telling my MIL is that if anything were to go wrong *knock on wood* she would take it harder than me!! She's been pestering DH since we got married a year and a half ago or so (and honestly, she was pestering us both BEFORE the wedding).... her only grandchild is 17 now and she's ready for another baby!
My SIL keeps bugging me... I managed to convince her I was trying to get my body healthy first, getting off medications etc... she still thinks I'm at that stage, so hopefully I can keep it a secret for a little while longer.

My mom lives several hours away... I think I'll have to tell her over the phone which is kind of sad, but heck, its good news, who cares how you hear, right?
Ditto for my dad, but he's out of the country for a few weeks... hope we can hold off on telling everyone until he's back or at least keep everyone's mouth's shut until I can call him myself!

Yay, lots of new ladies! :happydance: Congratulations!

new_to_ttc- Of course we wouldn't kick you out if you're moved to April! A few of us are due early may so a couple of us might get might get put forward but i'm going to still stay in here.

I am feeling so anxious. I know there is nothing to say that i will have another mmc but i feel so worried. I don't want to make anyone else nervous but a lot of people have been saying they don't like these posts in 1st tri so feel a bit lost :nope:

I don't know whether to get an early scan or not?

Also on a different note- Have we got anymore suggestions for a group name because i'm going to set up a poll and then we can all vote.

So far suggestions have been:

May bugs
May blossoms
May bee babies (not sure on this due to some of us feeling a bit iffy about mc lol)
May poles

:flower:

Im trying to get hold of my ex to tell him before he hears from a big gob somewhere. We parted on sad (not arguementative) terms and we care for each other. He took it bad when I got with my new partner, he going to be crushed by this. Didnt want to tell anyone yet, but need to tell him now before he hears!

Its a very hard secret to keep when you bursting with excitement from the inside out :)

Im trying to get hold of my ex to tell him before he hears from a big gob somewhere. We parted on sad (not arguementative) terms and we care for each other. He took it bad when I got with my new partner, he going to be crushed by this. Didnt want to tell anyone yet, but need to tell him now before he hears!

Its a very hard secret to keep when you bursting with excitement from the inside out :)

I don't mean this horribly but how do you keep excited when you've had previous losses? Don't get me wrong i am happy and excited deep down about this baby but don't want to get my hopes up. It's really hard and i don't know what to do :wacko:

Glad to hear Im safe meow ;) lol I know Im having an April baby anyway as I cant carry to term I'll be induced BUT my development will be same stage as you May ladies so this is where I belong :)

Meow - I know people dont like negitive threads but hun we all hear for each other, and anyone who has had an mc or mmc will totally understand your anxiety and concerns. I cant speak for everyone but I hope we can all be open and honest in here with each other, and spread the PMA to get everyone through the dark times. Do things feel different this time hun? You need to tell yourself every pregnancy is different and there is no reason why this one wont be happy and healthy :)

I know the 'negative' threads get some people down, but after TTC for a year, I'm used to things not working out.. I think its very real and honest to express anxiety about this being a sticky bean! I think we need to support each other through this stuff too.
Its tough because I'm bursting with excitement, but afraid to get too happy because it will just hurt more than if I am prepared for the possibility, you know?

Once I see that heartbeat, I will let it all go though and just be happy. Yes, things can still happen, but they're so rare that its not worth making myself miserable over at that point, you know?

Though if its twins, we may save that news for later on, lol... as a 2nd, 'bonus' surprise for family.

I'm not sure if it's it different this time and if my worries just make it seem worse.

It always seems to take so long to get to 12 weeks as welll lol

meow - I hope this doesnt come across as wrong - I hate text speak for feelings. But! I had a molar pregnancy and that destroyed me - it really did .. then in my recovery from trophoblastic disease I discovered I was pregnant with Joshua.... if I didnt have the MMC pregnancy then I wouldnt have my Joshua. The MC in 2004 was a blow, shortly after I was diagnosed with PCOS. Since then I have battled hard trying to get a control of my symptoms, in 2008 I was so desparate I begged for a hysterectomy - the pain was unbareable. My doctor talked me out of it and in Jan I had a MC and I realised I was still a woman and I just had to get in control. The 2 mc that year was hard, but it showed to me that my body was trying and I just had to try harder. Since then I have lost all my weight, I have near perfect insulin, no metformin required, no PCOS pain. I truely believe everything happens for a reason! I hurt everytime I had a MC, and there isnt a day goes by I dont think of them, and I lay a rose for each of them on their anniversaries... but Im still here and I have a gorgeous son, and when my time is right I will be blessed with a perfect 2nd child. With my entire heart I pray this is that time, and for as long as I am pregnant I will treasure every minute and be excited. It took me a long time to gain a PMA and I have to look forward and hope or I wouldnt have survived my losses. This pregnancy feels different, I feel like I have a blanket of contentment around me, apart from worshipping the toilet I feel fantastic and so positive. I dont know whats going to happen tomorrow, but today i am pregnant with a very special baby, my baby and thats what I am excited for!

meow its natural to be worried. Just try and look after yourslef best you can. Eat and drink well, plenty of water, make sure you have your folic acid! Avoid lifting and strenuous bending. There is no reason that you would MMC again hun, look forward and have faith in your little bean its working as hard as it can to stick and grow :)

I love the size ticker you and I have up meow... I just keep thinking of it as my little poppyseed in there :haha:

Can I ask what the 2nd M is for in MMC? I know MC is miscarriage...

new-to-ttc: Your words seriously made me cry (whether it's hormones or not idk nor does it matter). Your PMA, though forged through heartache and battle is so pure. Its as if I could feel it through the computer screen. It gave me PMA! I hope that it sticks too. What you said about "I dont know whats going to happen tomorrow, but today i am pregnant with a very special baby, my baby and thats what I am excited for!" Oh gosh, that brought tears to my eyes. I have been so nervous and anxious about MC..... but you have shown me that it truly doesn't matter, because it doesn't deny the fact that the baby was real, whether it is tomorrow or two months from now, it is there today, growing inside me. And there is no need to worry. I have a baby today.

new-to-ttc: Your words seriously made me cry (whether it's hormones or not idk nor does it matter). Your PMA, though forged through heartache and battle is so pure. Its as if I could feel it through the computer screen. It gave me PMA! I hope that it sticks too. What you said about "I dont know whats going to happen tomorrow, but today i am pregnant with a very special baby, my baby and thats what I am excited for!" Oh gosh, that brought tears to my eyes. I have been so nervous and anxious about MC..... but you have shown me that it truly doesn't matter, because it doesn't deny the fact that the baby was real, whether it is tomorrow or two months from now, it is there today, growing inside me. And there is no need to worry. I have a baby today.

Beautifully put... I didn't even catch that line in new-to-ttc's post, but thanks for pointing it out. I think thats why I'm mostly positive.. that I AM pregnant today and whatever may come tomorrow will not change that fact and I can't change what happens tomorrow but I can be happy today.

MMC= Missed miscarriage

It's when the baby dies but the pregnancy continues and you don't know anythings wrong until you have a scan. Eg i physically lost baby at 12 weeks but he/she died at 9 weeks. Nothing seemed different until i started getting brown spotting.

new_to_ttc- you've been through hell of a lot! That makes a lot of sense, i think i just need to get my chin up and enjoy it while i can, like you said.

I've got loads going on at the minute, money worries and cars breaking down etc so that doesn't help. I do feel a little better. It'll all work out when it's time i suppose.

MMC - missed miscarriage, I had to have surgery (D&C) as I didnt lose naturally.

casey... you do have a baby and that baby is very real and is inside you. Im sorry I made you cry, but Im glad it gave you some PMA.

:hugs:

Oh meow I can sympathise hun - I wrote my car off last month (not me some idot who drove off and left me impaled on a wall!)... so my entire wage had to go on replacing my car as I need it for work. The police cant find the van, the insurance company said I had to take the blame as no third party at scene arghhhhhhhh Im counting the days to payday so i can start playing catch up and getting myself back even!

We all going to need support at some stage over the next 8 months and I hope we can all be each others tower of strength when its needed.

MMC - missed miscarriage, I had to have surgery (D&C) as I didnt lose naturally.

casey... you do have a baby and that baby is very real and is inside you. Im sorry I made you cry, but Im glad it gave you some PMA.

:hugs:

:hugs: no need to be sorry about making me cry. Heck everything makes me cry these days. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->