May/Early June Mommas

Anyone else still here? I am (as expected) still pregnant and now have a nasty cold to accompany it. My induction is booked for 9th June just in case, but I would like to avoid induction so I can give birth in my local midwifery led unit. My induction was fine last time though so won't be the end of the world. Hope you are all hanging in there!

Bless you. I'm still following the thread despite lo being 4 weeks old tomorrow (when did that happen). I had a raging cold a few days before labour this time and told myself my body wouldn't send me in to labour if I was unwell. I was very wrong lol.

I'd forgotten I'd predicted on this thread but somehow manged to get it right! Our little guy was born on 28th May (40+1) and on his uncle's 21st birthday. I got my homebirth and everything went perfectly. He weighed a teeny 6 lb 3. Good luck to everyone still waiting x

I'm still here but one of the people who are due later, so 39 weeks today for me :) Hoping the end is near. Feeling lots of niggles but nothing to write home about.
Really hope you start naturally before the 9th just because having a new experience in the mlu would be lovely, but still wherever you birth your baby it will be wonderful!

Oh wow Nikki how cool that you guessed right! Congratulations on a great home birth and your little boy :)

Even my midwife told me I wouldn't go into labour until my cold clears! I think I predicted the 8th on here. I've only been off work for 2 weeks so I can handle a few more days :)

https://i.imgur.com/h4t6DwK.jpg

baby kaiden born at 38+4 on 29th may, 4.03kg. horrendous labour thanks to spd, but fairly easy delivery in the end :)

Hey mamas! An update I posted in the Spring babies thread; I did eventually have my baby, aaaargh, worst delivery and recovery ever but I'm on the road to recovery now. :)

(May 23)
Lovely little Maia Louise is finally here since 20th May, weighs 3.33kg (around 7lbs, I think) and is adorable. Nightmare delivery, home birth plans went out the window as I lost most of my water after a night of strong contractions, and then after about 12 more hours, lost the rest and we went to hospital so they could monitor her closely. Cervix refused to dilate and so they gave me oxytocin/pitocin which of course put the baby in distress, so it was agreed that I would have emcs. This was after 2 days of no pain relief so I felt destroyed! She came out covered in meconium so they kept her in neonatal but she's fine to come home with me today yay

(May 31)
Nightmare since I last posted! The day after coming home (without the hospital realising I had an infection) I had febrile convulsions due to a raging fever, low bp, high heart rate, literally crapped myself and passed out on the floor in a pool of it, and had to be stretchered in an ambulance to hospital.

I finally came home last night. The doctors couldn't decide whether the infection was in my uterus or incision (finally said incision) but even though the antibiotics were treating it, they couldn't figure out why they couldn't break my fever. Turns out leaving the IV in same vein too long had caused an infection in the vein gah! One clever nurse figured it out and once she swapped arms, my temperature started slowly dropping.

Urgh! And the day before that, the gynaecologist was examining my incision and to confirm his suspicions it was infected in the layer below sent the nurse for gloves and long nosed tweezers and then just stuck them in and opened it up, no warning, no freezing. I feel like I've been through the wringer.

Glad to be out; have to attend my local health centre every couple of days to check infection is healing. I'm gutted she spent her first night in neonatal without her parents but she doesn't seem worse for it and I'm holding her lots. Weirdest thing is, she can smile lol. OH thought it was wind, but she's been smiling since I met her on Day 2 in neonatal; she only does it when she's wide awake and listening to us talk while making eye contact. I can't find any information online to corroborate this being fact - everything says babies smile with intent from 5wks - but she's a definite smiler. I think I caught some on video the other day, need to check.

She's a good sleeper, sleeps 3hrs or more at a time; I felt like waking her this morning - most babies don't stay asleep! - but my breast was leaking so badly and I needed her to help me out

She slept 7hrs last night :)

4 days overdue... But I've just had my bloody show so hope it's not long now!!!! :D

My little boy arrived 8th June 2014 at 18:51 weighing 9lb 13oz!

pleased to introduce Connor James B-

Attachments

• 2014-06-09 11.22.44.jpg
    2014-06-09 11.22.44.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1
Wow, what a healthy weight! Pleased to hear he arrived safely x

Waters were broken on Tuesday and after a 1 hour 20 min labour (inc 3 mins pushing) Meredith was born weighing 9lb 10oz! Love her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->