May I have some gender guesses please? (new pic , please guess!)

Yay congratulations on your little man!

I'm still stoked that I'm actually having a boy! I think it's because there are mostly females in my family. On OH's side, it's equal but he comes from a very.small family. Even relatives have 1-2 kids.

Other than the gender excitement, I'm afraid of taking care of 2 under 2. My dd will be 19 months by the time ds's born. OH won't be able to take leave from work this year. But he's in the process of fighting for at least 1 week of paternal leave, which his work calls bonding leave. I hope he will be able to because I can't imagine right now, sitting here, dealing with 2 lo's. I think about how to manage sleep, feed dd, feed new baby. I think about the sleepless nights, and that I won't have enough energy to play with dd. I don't want her to feel like all the attention is to new baby.

Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead but it's real, ya know? It happens. I love my dd, I would never want her to feel less loved or left out.

Congrats on your :blue: bump!!! Little boys are so sweet and that's awesome u have one of each.

It's hard not to worry about coping w 2 under 2. Especially when u don't have much help. I found myself in ur similar situation w the impending arrival of DS2. (My two boys r 17 months apart) All that u are feeling is perfectly normal :hugs: just make sure u take it one day at a time. One hour at a time on the tough days. It's not always easy but it u will adjust. You do bc you have to and before u know it you'll be a pro :D things will get easier and depending on ur LOs personality it may not ever get super hard (DS2 was high needs so I for sure had my days but often times I don't think it would have been nearly half the challenge if he were lucky-go-happy like his big brother). But rest assured- no matter the personality type u will adapt and get through. Just make sure that u get some 'you time' even if its only for a
Couple of minutes Def make sure ur DH is stepping up when he isn't working. We don't have any familial support bc our family is 10 hrs away, so t can be tough but if u are in a similar situation u both will need to rely on each other more so than most couples. That is the only way we have survived, TBH but it IS doable u just gotta take it a day at a time. Some will be better than others but overall most days are enjoyable and soon Ull find that u ARE doing it and successfully (and peacefully) raising two under two.

...and now that I just have the speal I'm still anxious about the arrival of our third :blush: (DS2 and DD will have an 18 month age gap assuming she doesn't arrive early)

If u need any moral support, feel free to message me! This forum has been great as there are ladies and threads pertaining to the very essence of a close age gap :friends:

Thanks, everybody, for the congrats :)

And thank you, Guppy, for your words of wisdom and comfort. That made me feel a lot better hearing from other another mothers personal perspective with experience. Can't help but worry sometimes, ya know? I have been doing lots of reading about different dilemmas, such as high needs baby. I thought about that, the possibility of him being High needs or colicky. Not trying to scare myself, more like educating myself and preparing for all kinds of possibilities that comes with having babies. Thanks for sharing your story. I'll def pm you about life with 2 < 2 lol.

I didn't see a clear penis in that pic. Were there other shots the u/s tech made that call on? Looks boyish. But not 100%.

I didn't see a clear penis in that pic. Were there other shots the u/s tech made that call on? Looks boyish. But not 100%.

Those are the only ones I got from the tech. She verbally told me it's a boy. But she couldn't get me a good underneath pic. She did show me on screen where she's looking at. But lo kept moving and by then I had to pee so bad I just wanted to leave.

I have another ultrasound at 28 weeks to check my placenta. They found it currently lying low, not really covering the cervix but it's low (marginal placenta previa). 28 week ultrasound will check if placenta moved up higher or not and what it means for when it comes time to deliver. Hoping it moves up high enough to avoid a c section. I had a med-free natural birth with my first and hoping the same with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->