may I have your experiences please

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I am putting the moving from my bed ( ie co-sleeping) to crib on hold for a week because LO has two teeth coming out that are causing him a lot of pain and fevers. I have read the no cry sleep solution which honestly was not that much help to me but I like the idea of the logs, anyway so while I have this re-think ( ie CIO as apposed to no cry method) I would really like to hear experiences from moms who moved LO from their bed to a crib.
what age?
what method?
how long did it take?
did lo ever sleep in a crib ie take day time naps? ( mine doesn't)

Thank you so much girlies.

P.s. this is not a debate on CIO vs not thread please

i haven't had any experience with this but i'd say do what you feel is right

I'll try to help you out as best as I can. I'm a little worn down from LO being sick, so I'm not quite thinking straight.

*For extra information, my son still co-sleeps on occasion, especially with being sick and teething. We'll put him in his crib at night for bed, but if he wakes up, he'll come into our bed.*

what age? We first started putting Aiden in his crib around three months. It wasn't all the time, but it was at least 1/2 the week.
what method? When he was younger we'd wait until he was asleep and then put him in the crib. Now we'll rock him mostly to sleep and put him in his crib. If he tries getting up, we'll let him cry for 5-10 minutes. He usually goes back to sleep but if he gets too upset we'll take him out and start all over again.
how long did it take? Aiden's always been a pretty good sleeper and didn't have much trouble in his crib. When we started putting him in it at night all the time, he didn't like it for the first week. Now he knows that's where he's supposed to sleep.
did lo ever sleep in a crib ie take day time naps? Aiden took about 1/2 of his naps in the crib, and once we knew we wanted him in it all the time, it meant that he took all his naps in his crib so he'd get used to it.

*I hope that wasn't too confusing*

thanks, you started much earlier than me , i am afraid i have left it very late its gonna be a real struggle..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->