May & June 2022 Munchkins

Can anyone recommend a pillow / lounger for flat head ? DS had to use a special helmet for 7 months to correct his flat head so I am keen to try and avoid any issues this time around !

I’ve seen a few just wondering if anyone else has ever used them ? x

Can anyone recommend a pillow / lounger for flat head ? DS had to use a special helmet for 7 months to correct his flat head so I am keen to try and avoid any issues this time around !

We've been told to avoid those at all costs due to very high risks of suffocation. I did 4 sets of 10min tummy time sessions a day with my girls for the first few months (and had them nap on their tummies too when they were fully supervised or napping on me), and then lengthened the tummy time to be about 60min per day by the time they were 3m old. It was some effort, but worked well as they both have nice round heads now. :haha:

We've been told to avoid those at all costs due to very high risks of suffocation. I did 4 sets of 10min tummy time sessions a day with my girls for the first few months (and had them nap on their tummies too when they were fully supervised or napping on me), and then lengthened the tummy time to be about 60min per day by the time they were 3m old. It was some effort, but worked well as they both have nice round heads now. :haha:
Yeah I’ve been reading a lot tonight, more about SIDS risks than suffocation .. equally just as worrying though !! It’s only been DD1 that’s liked tummy time DD2 and DS suffered bad with acid reflux so they wouldn’t entertain tummy time at all

Least all your hard work paid off ! We literally didn’t do anything different with DS yet we ended up on the helmet journey , I felt super guilty having went against my gut and went with the opinions of the professions that it would round out ! So obvious very anxious about this but don’t want any risks of SIDS / suffocation!!

Now wondering about a baby sling / carrier ?

Thank you for your input !! Xxx

I had problems with DS2 and used a mimos pillow. Quite expensive but did help a lot. Only used under supervision....like on bouncer/rocker, pram etc. Not at night time. X

I had problems with DS2 and used a mimos pillow. Quite expensive but did help a lot. Only used under supervision....like on bouncer/rocker, pram etc. Not at night time. X
Thank you . I wouldn’t use any sleeping aid at night either that would just send my anxiety through the roof ! Should have mentioned this in my first post :wacko:

I did ALOT of baby wearing with both my kids as well. Had 3 different ways to wear them, each was easy for a different stage. For newborn stage, the only thing that worked for us was stretchy wraps (like a Moby - but I always just buy the no-name wraps). They support the babies nicely in the stage when their neck muscles are not developed yet. Just a bit hot to use outside in summer, but worked well indoors for my May baby. My Oct kid loved outside walks in it, but it was close to freezing at that time.
I used a ring sling once they are able to hold up their heads well and are close to sitting up. Ring slings are much easier to put on and off, but has less support.
I also have a Tula, but struggled with the newborn insert so didn't start to use it before about 6 or 8m after giving birth. I still sometimes wear my 3 yo in it though, so definitely worth the spend.

Thank you . I wouldn’t use any sleeping aid at night either that would just send my anxiety through the roof ! Should have mentioned this in my first post :wacko:

No judgement here - we all need to weigh the pros and cons for ourselves. I do go against a lot of professional advice myself, and try to make up for things like occasionally cosleeping with a baby, by overcompensating in another area (like keeping my kids rearfacing in the car until close to 6years old).
It is simply impossible for us to just keep them safe all the time and I think as long as we know the advice, we can then decide to go with it or ignore it :haha: The most important thing is just love. <3 <3 <3

No judgement here - we all need to weigh the pros and cons for ourselves. I do go against a lot of professional advice myself, and try to make up for things like occasionally cosleeping with a baby, by overcompensating in another area (like keeping my kids rearfacing in the car until close to 6years old).
It is simply impossible for us to just keep them safe all the time and I think as long as we know the advice, we can then decide to go with it or ignore it :haha: The most important thing is just love. <3 <3 <3
Yeah the pros of sorting out his wee head....or at least not making it worse was so important, I was distraught at the time!
DS1 never read the rule book either, as soon as he could move he slept on his front at the top of the cot. He was placed on his back at the bottom but he moved to where he was comfy lol made me nervous. But he was a big baby and very strong from the start, knew what he wanted!! X

I agree with the baby wearing, it worked well with all 3 of my other kiddos. My babies always wanted worn or cuddled.

Sorry lovely I didn’t think you or anyone else was judging just wanted to point out it’s for day time use only ! I do worry a lot about SIDS especially at night !

i agree we all do why’s best for us and our own situations !
Xx

I think I am just super anxious to avoid any issues with his head . Thankfully I know A lot more now than I did for DS . Just grateful we were able to get the helmet for him and improve it . You wouldn’t even notice now .. but I do !

I will have a look into a few slings/carriers thank you !

I think I am just super anxious to avoid any issues with his head . Thankfully I know A lot more now than I did for DS . Just grateful we were able to get the helmet for him and improve it . You wouldn’t even notice now .. but I do !

I will have a look into a few slings/carriers thank you !
I'm a bit paranoid about it this time too. We never had to get a helmet for ds2 but his head was defo out of shape. I cried, it was an awful worry. The pillow did seem to help, or at least not make it worse at the time, then perhaps nature did take its course. I still look at him now and can see its not quite perfect but like you its probably just me that can tell! X

I'm a bit paranoid about it this time too. We never had to get a helmet for ds2 but his head was defo out of shape. I cried, it was an awful worry. The pillow did seem to help, or at least not make it worse at the time, then perhaps nature did take its course. I still look at him now and can see its not quite perfect but like you its probably just me that can tell! X
Both my girls were fine and never had any issues . Didn’t do anything different with DS and his entry flat as a pancake !

We did get him a clevamama memory foam pillow which did help before we got the helmet.

I bet if you measure everyone’s heads they will all be slightly out of shape ! Just when it becomes obvious there’s an issue . DSs head shape has continued to improve just wish these HV and others would take it more seriously !! So frustrating !! I will always have that mum guilt over it ! Xx

Hi guys, sorry I haven’t chimed in on this convo - my 3rd had a bit of a flat head but we didn’t end up doing anything special for him. If it was really bad I would have bought one of those pillows too and just used it while I could keep an eye on him :)

We have a bug in our house - I got it first and had a horrible sore throat for a few days, then a cough. Now DS1 has a fever. We got a pack of rapid tests from Walmart and we both tested negative but just sucks to be sick! I’m over the worst of it now, hoping DS gets over it fast. The other kids and DH have dodged it so far, hope it stays that way!

Oh gosh sorry your all feeling unwell @Sander . Glad it’s nothing covid related. There’s still so many other virus’s going around now ! Hopefully no one else in your household will get it !

DS has come down with a runny /congested nose he’s been so grumpy and tired today . So it was a early night for him .. just waiting for it to come my way now yuck haha x x

Oh no hope you avoid catching it BabyBump! That’s the only good thing about the kids getting sick, at least you can put them to bed early :rofl: My kids had their lights out at 6:50 tonight lol.

Sammy those are such amazing pictures!! Ahhh making me want to do one haha

Oh no hope you avoid catching it BabyBump! That’s the only good thing about the kids getting sick, at least you can put them to bed early :rofl: My kids had their lights out at 6:50 tonight lol.

Sammy those are such amazing pictures!! Ahhh making me want to do one haha
Hahah I know DS was asleep by 7pm! Flat out all night thankfully !
DD1 had me looking for a costume for 2 hours and we just couldn’t find it anywhere ! So frustrating !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->