MAY we all be blessed with baby!May '13 & beyond [Closed Parenting] 14 girls; 4 boys

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• Merry-christmas-images-4.jpg
    Merry-christmas-images-4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi all! Astrid is 3 months old now and unfortunately she has a dislocated left hip and is currently in a pavlik harness... We go back to hospital on 30th and they'll decide if it's working or if she needs surgery which will involve her being in a cast for a fair few months afterwards. Luckily she's young enough to not remember or care too much about having her movement restricted so that's one good things I guess. She's doing great otherwise, started sleeping through the night a few days ago and is generally a sweet natured little baby :flower:

sleeping through the night??? Lucky! :)

Hopefully it doesnt require surgery

sorry to hear about her hip! i hope that she gets better soon!

and I mimic what daddiesgift said....sleeping through the night?!?! so jealous..

sigh....i remember when Charles used to do so well at night...then he got sick for 6 weeks, hit his first sleep regression and teeth started growing. Skip to 4 months later and we are just now getting back to "decent" sleep but had to start CIO (which has not been nearly as bad as I thought... first night he cried less than 30 minutes and second night less than 10 and now less than a week later he doesn't cry at all...just needs help with back patting in crib to fall back asleep). Otherwise he is wonderful. Crawling everywhere, trying to walk on his own, said "momma" a week and a half ago. Extremely curious about everything and wants to examine every little thing to see how it works and what it does. Super happy and content baby. Definitely a lover and likes snuggling and giving lots and lots of kisses. Other than the sleep issue (which is getting better) there are no complaints about him whatsoever. Just a happy baby :)

Hello everyone!

I'm recently trying to get back to being active on social media (this totally counts as social ;) )

Sooooooo
How is everyone????

Updates!

Hi penny! Nice to see you back! How are you and your LO doing?

We are doing well here. Charles is nearly 17 months and definitely a little toddler and is incredibly active and playful. I love watching his imagination start to come out and see him discover how to do new things each day. He isn't talking yet (other than momma/mom/Dada/dad) but is close. He has some sign language and is otherwise an effective communicator so we make it work :) Today will most likely be our last nursing session. He has been self weaning in the last month and I think he is ready to be done. He also finally figured out sleeping and now sleeps 12 hours at night plus a nap during the day...after 15 months of bad sleep we have been soaking it up lol.

Um..let's see ..my DH and I moved back in March into our forever house and have been having a lot of fun getting it set up. That was definitely the biggest to do on our list before trying again. The other thing was losing weight- I'm down 57 pounds so far (includes the pregnancy weight) and have 9 to go. I'm running my first 5k in 2 weeks, which I'm pretty excited about. We are going to start trying for baby #2 in April so not too much longer!

Hope you ladies are all doing well and would love to hear an update!

Life sure gets busy with a baby! Persephone Marie was born September 29th, 2014. After an intense 4 hour labor...midwife and nurses were extremely caught off guard

We've been doing the sign language too! Attempting rather. Baby Pea learned "food" first at around 9.5 months. Then "tired/sleep". The past couple of days she been doing "more" perfectly. It's exciting!
No words really from her, except "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and "that". No moms or dads...
):

She loves pointing at everything though and is very expressive and people comment on how much personality she has always had. Always staring and studying

Her sleep pattern was amazing until she was 4 months...then teething. She was terrible, but not a whole straight night. We both always get enough sleep. She just wakes maybe 3 times a night for food. That's right. We are night nursing. It was a terrible habit I've pretty much been forced to. I have terrible back issues, and it's just easier for me to lay down and feed her and she immediately falls asleep.
So beyond that habit, which is my fault, she takes great naps.

Last night was exciting cause she randomly didn't wake up at all? So maybe it is the start of something new!!

Also! A 5k is very impressive!!! I have a lot of respect for that kind of discipline!

Charles also slept well until 4 months old...then teething, sick, separation anxiety etc all set in and we spent a year trying to get back. He would be up multiple times throughout the night to nurse. Something finally clicked for him and night weaned and started sleeping. I hope you both are able to get some good sleep soon (but don't worry about it if it takes a bit...you will know when it is time to take that next step...it took us a little over 15 months so I definitely get it!!) I don't at all regret night nursing him because you just have to do what you have to do!

So sweet that she says hi! And i love using the sign language with him! He picked up all done pretty early on. Never latched on to "more" but does know "please". When he wants something he will point and say please for it, so we usually know what he is after.

I haven't even thought of using all done! That would be handy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->