Mayas Here!!!

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Arghhhh so happy to finally be posting here!!!

Well where to begin?? So much to fill you all in on lol!! I'll try & keep it brief, don't want to bore anyone lol!!

Saturday as many of you know I had to have a BP check at the hospital as it had been high at my MW appt. It was still high so they asked me to stay in for an hour so they could monitor it. Bloods were taken while I was there & all came back fine as did my urine sample. My BP just kept rising & finally went to 170/101 so a doctor came out. While examining me she found I was experiencing something called brisk reflexs. Never heard of it but it's not good for a pregnant lady. Soooo the decision was made to induce me. I have never been so so scared. I was on my own aswell lol!!

So 7:30pm they used the gel to induce me. Not wanting to scare anyone who's yet to experience internal examainations but omg it hurt so so bad. I was in complete agony. I called my mum & told her what was happening. I decided to try & get some sleep so told her to stay at home. Nothing was happening in terms of contractions so I managed to get some sleep until 4am when they came to do another internal. Another load of gel was inserted :( This time mild contractions kicked in & I got my mum to come up & sit with me around 7am Sunday morning

The contratctions gradually built & at around 2pm I had another internal. Was devestated to learn I hadn't even dilated. By this point I thought I was getting somewhere - I was even on the gas & air. I have never cried so much in my life. They did the gel for a third time & this time the contractions took my breath away & finally at around 9pm Sunday evening my waters broke. I got really hysterical & thought I was wetting myself, I was so upset my mum started crying to :( I was taken to the delivery suite & the lovely MW saw in my notes that I wasn't coping great with the internals so she got on the phone to the anesthesist to arrange an epidural!! This time during my internal they found I was 3cm dilated :happydance: :happydance: The babys heartbeat kept dropping & I was very nearly taken for a C-section but after a good hours heartrate from Maya they decided to proceed with my labour

I actually managed to sleep until 4am Sunday morning when the MW woke me for another internal. I had got to 10cm dilated in my sleep!! I was so numb I couldn't feel a thing. The MW took the gas & air away form me & got me to start pushing but as I couldn't feel anything nothing was happening. I was getting so upset & distressed. After an hour of pushing they had to get Maya out so the doctor was called & this is where it got horrific. I was pretty much hacked open for a forceps delivery. At this point the epidural had prettym uch worn off & I wasn't allowed gas & air. I was pushing while the doctor was tugging away. It hurt so bad, I thought I was gonna pass out. Finally at 5:43am on the 11th August Baby Maya made her entrance. So so small at 5lb 80z, I was carrying so much water

She is perfect & no one could have prepared me for how I felt when I saw my LO. I was so wrapped up in her I didn't notice my placenta delievry or how long the doc took stitching me back up - 92 stitches were needed!!

But god Maya was so worth it!!

I think im in love :cloud9:

Attachments

• Maya a few hours old.jpg
    Maya a few hours old.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Newborn Maya.jpg
    Newborn Maya.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Maya in car seat.jpg
    Maya in car seat.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Maya!!.jpg
    Maya!!.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Maya.jpg
    Maya.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 161
Congratulations!! What a birth story. 92 stitches ouch but well worth it Maya is gorgeous.

Congratulations, Maya is absolutely gorgeous and you coped so well through such a long labour! Well done!! :hugs:

:hug:

92 stitches.. :( :hugs:

She's beautiful though. Congratulations :D

COngrats she is adorable XxX

Wow...she is beautiful!! Congratulations!! :wohoo:

And what a birth story! :hugs: x

oh wow. congratulations 92 stitches tho bloody hell u poor thing. glad she is here and well though.
xxx

awww, she is so tiny and cute! Congrats!

You did it girl!! Well done. :)

Maya is a beauty!

:hug:

92 stiches!!!!! MY GOD you brave brave lady!!!!! she's beautifull and I love her name so unusual xxx

Well done you! congratulations and welcome to the world little Maya x x

Congrats hun, she is gorgeous. 92 STITCHES!!! that bought a tear to my eye

Wow u r so so brave,
I think i am guna be a wimp!!
she is such a cutie little heart breaker once older
xx congrats xx

Congratulations she is gorgeous!

Sounds like you were very brave too hope you are healing well and arn't too sore x

Hi Kelly,
Oh, I am so delighted for you :cry: and so glad you now have little Maya (LOVE your choice of name)! She is absolutely gorgeous!
Hope you are coping well and the stitches aren't too sore? Is mum staying with you?
Big :hug:

P.S My granny is called Maya - very special name :)

She's so tiny, but absolutely beautiful x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->