Maybe a long shot but looking for reassurance/hope after early scan

bubbles82

Reaction score
(I've posted this earlier in the pregnancy after loss forum but no reply so far so thought I might be better trying in 1st/2nd tri)

I am 6+5 weeks today with my 5th pregnancy, I have a two year old DD, one early loss before her, and two losses since TTC#2, the most recent being a mmc found at 9+1.

Due to my history I was referred to EPU by my GP for an early reassurance/viability scan, and they booked me in for earlier this week when I was 6+2. All they could see was a gestational sac and a yolk sac but nothing else. Towards the end of the scan they said they thought they could maybe see the very start of a fetal pole but didn't want to say for definite either way, and that things might progress well over the next few days. I was booked in for a rescan at 7+6.

This didn't sound too bad, as I thought it was quite common to not see much that early, but since then I've read so many threads from people in a similar situation and they all ended badly, a lot said the doctor/sonographer predicted a miscarriage as a heartbeat should be seen by then. I also had a tiny bit of brown spotting that evening after then scan which I just assumed was because of having an internal scan, as I've had nothing since then and it was 3 days ago now, but since I've read so many bad outcomes it just seems like another bad sign that things aren't going to end well for me again this time.

Just wondered if anyone had similar and things went OK as its a lot harder than I thought to find a positive outcome in a similar situation. I know it can't just be a case of maybe ovulating later/not being as far as I thought etc as I chart and track ovulation so not much room for error with my dates.

I only saw a sac at my scan around 6 weeks. Heartbeat and little bean at 8 weeks. Looked like a baby at 10 weeks. It's incredible what a difference just a week or two makes early on. You're probably still good! Fxed that this is your sticky rainbow!

With my son is had a scan at 6+4, only a gestional and yolk sac was seen exactly two weeks later we had another scan and there was a perfect little bean with a strong heartbeat measuring perfect :)

Not been in your position but wanted to wish you luck xx

I had a scan at 6+2 and only yolk sac was seen. Went back for next scan at 8+4 and saw a cute little gummy bear with a hb of 173. FX for the same for you!!!

I also had loads of early scans due to early bleeding on both babies, 6+2 just a sac, a week later a healthy flickering baby 😊 don't worry I'm sure your okay

I had an abdominal scan at 6+6 and just saw a sac, doctor said that was all she was really expecting to see at that stage. I'm back in tomorrow (7+3) for a vaginal rescan.

Thanks for all your replies and positivity ladies. I was dreading my rescan today but just wanted to update that all went well, I'm now measuring 7+4 so only two days behind my dates, and there was a baby with heartbeat clearly seen this time. Still nervous with my history but so relieved for now!

So glad it went okay! Its amazing what one more week does for pregnancy 😊

Congrats! That's wonderful news! When is your next scan now?

So glad today's scan went well. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Thank you. I'm not due another one for another 4-5 weeks now when I get my 12 week scan, nothing booked yet.

Congratulations bubbles great news. Sorry to hijack your post but thers a few mummy's on here who seem to have hAd the same problem just looking for reassurance I'm petrified and so upset, went to EPU the day I got my BFP which I think I should have been 3 weeks 6 days, obviously nothing atall on screen just my womb not even gestational sac. So goes bk yday for rescan, I should have been 5 weeks 6 days, all that was ther was gestational sac no fetal pole no yolk sac, they took bloods and my results Wer 4581 which going from what I've googled is in the 5-6 week marker. Anyone had his happen to them, I can't settle im terrified to go back for 2nd bloods tomorrow, sorry for hijacking bubbles xxx

Loren everything should be fine I went in at 4w4d and my dr refused to do a scan and had me go back at 7w1d from LMP and I saw my baby and HB flickering and measured 6w6d

I'm not been in your position but wanted to wish you luck, too :)

Congratulations bubbles great news. Sorry to hijack your post but thers a few mummy's on here who seem to have hAd the same problem just looking for reassurance I'm petrified and so upset, went to EPU the day I got my BFP which I think I should have been 3 weeks 6 days, obviously nothing atall on screen just my womb not even gestational sac. So goes bk yday for rescan, I should have been 5 weeks 6 days, all that was ther was gestational sac no fetal pole no yolk sac, they took bloods and my results Wer 4581 which going from what I've googled is in the 5-6 week marker. Anyone had his happen to them, I can't settle im terrified to go back for 2nd bloods tomorrow, sorry for hijacking bubbles xxx

Try not to worry chick, chances are everything is fine. Each day seems to make a massive difference at this stage as I found out, I was convinced it would be bad news at my rescan as so many others seemed to be seeing more including heartbeat before 6 weeks and I only had yolk sac at 6+2, but everything was there and fine at 7+6, plus I was measuring 2 days behind my dates in the end which means I was probably more like just 6 weeks when I thought I was 6+2 which obviously made a big difference. I'm surprised EPU even scanned you so early when you'd just got your BFP, mine won't scan before 6 weeks as its so likely they won't see much and it just causes worry when that happens. I'm sure by the time you get nearer 7-8 weeks they'll be able to see everything clearly x

Thank you bubbles, I'm hoping what happened to you happens to me, I told a little white lie to get scanned I sed I didn't know the date of my last period so he did it to see if I was far or not (I new I wasn't) but he did say he wanted to see if ther was any bleeding anywer that shouldn't be etc but nothing was visible and as I sed went back yday n ther was a gestational sac, I do have a tilted uterus but I heard vaginal can is better for that and that wat I had and she didn't see anything but the gestational sac so fingers crossed my hcg levels r booming tomorrow, thanks again and congratulations again huni made up for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->