Maybe having a baby today?! Membrane sweep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by TattooedMama, Jan 24, 2011.

1. TattooedMama

TattooedMama Bubba, Daddy & Belly

So had an appt today and found out I am 3cm dilated & 30% effaced!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I was so afraid she was going to tell me that there was nothing going on down there even though I've been having so many pains. I asked about doing a sweep prior to the exam and she did one for me. She said baby & body are definitely revving and ready to go & she is pretty confident that the sweep will yield some results but its no guarantee.

I am so excited that I am 3cm already and really hoping that the sweep takes effect and puts me into labor. just wanted to share with someone.

2. Fabby

Fabby mummy to my amazing boy x

thats sounds great! Fingers crossed for you x

3. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

Ooo congrats! how do you feel? any regular contractions since? xx

4. TattooedMama

I'm ridiculously excited, a few pains here and there but no contractions yet that I have noticed. But then again...I think I'm too hungry to notice much else & too lazy to go make something to eat :blush:

5. kimberley_80

kimberley_80 Well-Known Member

ooooh hope it works for u huni mine didnt im two centre meters dilated. i did lose alot of my plug but got my induction for saturday sumthing to keep me going anyway xx

6. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

Wow I would be massively impressed to be 3cms and have no pain yet!
    Sounds like tonight could be the night for you....keep us all updated ...in between contractions of course :haha:

7. TattooedMama

Oh I definitely am impressed!!! With my son I was induced with pitocin and at 2-3cms I was in tears begging for an epidural, the contractions on that drug are worse than horrible. :nope:

8. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

I bet!!! :D keep us updated!! this time tomorrow you could have your lo in your arms!!!!! :shock: how exciting!!!! :D

xxx :happydance:

9. N1kki

N1kki Guest

WOW good luck!

10. Foxy89

Foxy89 3rd Tri- EDD- 6/2/11

Lots of luck and happy vibes being sent your way!!

11. VGibs

VGibs NTNP=#4 on the way

I randomly searched membrane sweep and came unto this thread. I had my membranes swept today and am also at 3cm dilated without much pain. Ill be checking up on this thread to see whats going on for sure!

12. TattooedMama

Well its wednesday and I'm still pregnant!!! I had some cramping & contractions that night and yesterday as well. Nothing regular but I can feel my cervix has effaced more & I think I went at least another cm dilated as well. So it did something but did not put me into labor. I'm still hoping it will be soon though because I'm ready and my body is definitely giving me signs that she is not more than a week off. :flower:

13. alynn6758

alynn6758 Well-Known Member

How exciting, hope you go into labor soon! :)

14. VGibs

VGibs NTNP=#4 on the way

Ugh I'm still pregnant too. I was sure I would wake up this morning in labor but no good :(

15. mummyzilla

mummyzilla Well-Known Member

goodluck sweeps are frustrating things as they get our hopes up but I hear many women are more succesful on their second sweep plus it can take up to 48 hrs to kick in x

16. Tryingfora4th

Tryingfora4th Well-Known Member

Good luck!

With my 2nd baby I was 3cms at my 40 week appointment, I had to be induced 2 weeks later, he was comfy in there lol.