Maybe TMI but....bleeding during sex??

miana

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies I thought someone might have an idea on this or been through the same thing?
My DH and I have been TTC for nearly 2 years now with no luck. We have been seeing a fertility doctor for about 5 months and all is going well so far, as in tests are all coming back looking good :)

My concern is I do get the occasional bit of bleeding during sex (sorry if that's TMI). It doesn't happen all the time and it's only after I have ovulated, it's not a lot of blood (just light pink) and it doesn't last long, not into the next day or anything like that. There's no pain associated with it and it doesn't seem to matter what positions etc.....and again TMI! lol

I have been to my GP about it, she did some tests, couldn't see any abrasions or anything and bloods all came back ok. She didn't seem to think it was a major issue.
I also told my fertility doctor about it and he said the same as the GP. It is quite common apparently and doesn't mean there is necessarily an issue. this makes my docs sound like they are not good but I know they are they are recommended by lots of people I know.:thumbup:

I have regular periods 26/27 days (I have had the occasional longer one and shorter one but that's only happened twice in the 2 years of trying), I ovulate on day 10/11 and my hormone levels are all where they should be. Mucous tests all came back good too.
I don't have painful periods, occasionally crampy pain on first day but that's it, I'm only slightly over my ideal weight (I like sweets!!) but we do eat quite healthy.....yes I could exercise more than I currently am! lol

It's all just very frustrating :cry: I know it can take some people a long time to get pregnant and lots of people have unexplained infertility.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hiiya ! Since all your blood work etc is normal as the docs suggest, I would not think of it to be a problem. At times if the tissues near cervix is irritated this does happen and is quite normal, so no need to worry :thumbup:

Thanks Yippie, I guess because it's taking so long to conceive it might have had something to do with it? But I guess it doesn't :)

Hey,

I sometimes bleed after sex slightly.. Sometimes I find it happens if we have particularly rough sex (sorry TMI I know!) Our cervix is very sensitive don't forget that! And any slight knocks to it can make it bleed a little.

If all your bloods etc came back fine I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. xx

Thanks Tinadecember. I guess I'm just trying to find reason why it hasn't happened yet! I don't actually feel like there is anything wrong with me so I need to get it out of my head lol

Hey,

I sometimes bleed after sex slightly.. Sometimes I find it happens if we have particularly rough sex (sorry TMI I know!) Our cervix is very sensitive don't forget that! And any slight knocks to it can make it bleed a little.

If all your bloods etc came back fine I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. xx

Same here - especially if we are in a position that allows him to penetrate very deeply. I've always just assumed that he's bumped my cervix. Sometimes I feel a little discomfort - not exactly painful, but just uncomfortable very deep, and it gives me some pink discharge for a little while.

I don't think it's anything to worry about :)

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling a lot better about it now :)

My doctor says I have an "eroded cervix" all it means is that the surface is more porous or rough rather than smooth and it's more sensitive and irritable. It in no way affects fertility though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->