MC and then conceive again in the same month, is it possible?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies
First off I am so sorry for everyones losses. I had what I believe to be an my 2nd MC which was from last cycle (1st MC was in April of this year). I would have been about 4-5 weeks when it happened so it was very early. My period was a day or so late, came on August 31st and then it lasted for 11 days!! including passing clots and even a few gray clots and stuff dwindling down to only a few times a day towards the end. We were TTC that cycle so I just assume it was an early MC because I have never ever ever had a period longer than even 4-5 days, they are usually around 3-4 days at the most.

Anyway I was wondering is it still possible for me to get preggie this month? I would be ovulating in the next 3-4 days and am just not sure if there is even any point in trying to BD every other night. Ive read some places that you are extra fertile right after an MC, and then other things saying to wait. I feel fine, I mean I feel great, no pain, no cramping, nothing wrong now. Any ideas or advice? :shrug:

My understanding is that you would ovulate a couple of weeks after your hormone levels returned to the pre-pregnancy state. I wouldn't assume that it would be the same time as usual though if you did have an MC. Are you charting or using OPKs? That might help you figure out if you are about to ovulate.

I gave up on OPKs as I was having a hard time with them and just feel like they are a waste of money lol

Some peoples bodies take longer to get back to normal that others after a miscarriage, even an early one. BUT I have had 2 early m/c between 4 and 6 weekend both times was back on schedule the next month with ovulation, and last month we had a m/c and now we are pregnant, I did not have a normal period inbetween so my cycle justgot right back into it.
We are having some bleeding and not sure if this pregnancy is going to stick but it goes to show you can indeed get pregnant again the same month as a m/c but maybe the body needs more time to get back to normal?

Sorry for your losses girls, There was research recently published which showed that people who conceived shortly after a m/c were 40% more likely to have a successful and uncomplicated pregnancy than if they waited the recommended 3 to 6 months to try,

Hi there

When I had a miscarriage recently at 5.5 weeks it was 2.5 weeks after that when I ovulated as I was doing the ovulation tests (normally I ovulate sometime around day 12-15)

The recent research about being more likely to have a full-term pregnancy if you conceive in the 6 months after a miscarriage was in The New Scientist a couple of months back. Good luck x

Hey, that's funny, I was just reading through the article again too. Also I found an older article from New Scientist in 2006 that says daily consumption of chocolate reduces the chance of miscarriage by 20%. That's definitely worth a try!

Now there's a method I can get behind!! Was it pre-conception consumption or after? I better have some now just in case :)

Ha ha. I'm not sure, it didn't specify. Maybe best to do both just in case. I just had a big glass of chocolate soya milk to try to cover all bases given the stuff I've recently been reading about soy isoflavones too. Trying to get into grapefruit juice too but am struggling with that one. Chocolate is much easier to get into!

Hi everyone
Just thought I would post an update. My MC happened the 31st of August the day I was supposed to get my period. It lasted 11 days. Two days ago, on the 16th of this month, I got AF, full blown. So there wont be any ovulation this month but Im praying for a sticky one early in October. Wish me luck!!! and Yay for chocolate research lol.

Hi everyone
Just thought I would post an update. My MC happened the 31st of August the day I was supposed to get my period. It lasted 11 days. Two days ago, on the 16th of this month, I got AF, full blown. So there wont be any ovulation this month but Im praying for a sticky one early in October. Wish me luck!!! and Yay for chocolate research lol.

:hugs:
Good luck next cycle MrsJerome!
And chocolate to help prevent MC....... I'll sign up for that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->