mc date?

lockzie

Trying to conceive (TTC)
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to hear of your losses, my thoughts are with you all
I have recently had a mc, I started bleeding on 31 May 11 and my bleeding finished on the 10 June 11. I didnt experience any passing of clots. I had 2 scans, one on the 2 June 11 where I should have been 8 weeks but showed the development at 6 weeks and had a 2nd scan on the 15 June 11 which showed a completed mc
I noticed on this forum, people know the date that they had a mc. Is the date calculated from the first day of bleeding or the last day of bleeding?
I just am looking at when to expect my period and to get my head around it all

Many thanks for any answers
Regards
Amanda

First, sorry about your loss :hugs:

I think the first cycle after a m/c is hard to pinpoint everything. It basically depends on your levels and when the HCG goes below 5. They usually say to expect your AF 4-6 weeks after a m/c.

With my 1st miscarriage, I had a D&C. I didn't get AF for 40 days after the procedure. Which means my levels didn't drop until 2ish weeks after the procedure. I was 12 weeks when the D&C was done, but never had any blood work done before or after the procedure, so can't be sure what the levels were.

My 2nd one I just went through, I started bleeding on Wednesday and my levels were 20.5. Friday, my levels were below 5. So I'm going by the beginning of my cycle as Thurs/Fri. I'm hoping to OV right on schedule and not delayed like last time.

Good luck to you! :hugs:

So sorry for your loss! I had a d&c and my next period was about 4 weeks after. With yours being natural I really don't know the answer. You could try opk's as you will usually start af within 14 days of o. Only other option is to just be patient and wait it out. good luck and hope all goes well for you!

It is usually dated to the day you started bleeding, because they cannot be sure in most cases exactly when it happened, the MC usually happens before the bleeding begins. I was told to count the first day of bleeding as CD1. I was 5w3 and passed alot of clots, it lasted 7 days. I MC last sunday 06/12 and the bleeding stopped yesterday, which was basically spotting. I am goinf to test my O starting tommorrow. It is common not to O the cycle after the MC and depending on what your cycles were like before, they can also change. I MC naturally this time. I took a HPT this am and it was negative. I do have to repeat my blood betas on Tuesday. They went from 55 about 6pm at the hospital, to 48 the next day at noon, so not even 24 hours. They should be below 5 when I do my blood draw on Tuesday. they say anywhere from 4-6 weeks after you started bleeding to expect AF. When I had a loss this past Jan I had a D+C and it took almost 6 weeks to get AF, then my cycles went back to normal for me. I think with a natural MC they come back quicker, as probably not so much of the uterine lining is expelled with a natural, vs a surgical they get everything. HTH
So sorry for your loss, there are alot of women here in the same boat and loads of support here.

Hi Tweak0605,

Thanks very much for your reply and sorry for you losses too :hugs: :hugs:
I did a CB digi on 6 June and it showed 3+. I did a hpt the morning I went for my 2nd scan and it was BFN and got confirmation of a completed mc. I will hope that my af comes soon if it is not a BFP

Good luck for your BFP :thumbup::hugs:

Hi Jamhs and Sammy 1205

Sorry for your losses too :hugs: :hugs:
I will take 31 May as CD1, it gives me something to work on now
When I fell pg in April, I knew as soon as I had conceived as I felt slightly sick for about 3 days and had mild af cramps but no af.
Yesterday and today, I have felt the same sick feeling and I have very mild af cramps. I am not sure if this is my body returning back to its normal state or it is very early pg symptoms...... another waiting game eh!!!

Thank you for your support ladies and good luck :flower: :flower:

Good luck and hopefully your symptoms are your bfp!

So sorry for your loss xxx

With my miscarriage I started spotting on 13th February. The spotting stoped for 48 hours and in that time I had a scan which showed an empty sac at 6 weeks gestation when I should have been 9weeks. The bleeding started again and was like a period only extremely clotty, I was passing parts of the womb lining, it looked like bright red liver.

On the 23rd February I started hemmoriaging really badly and required an abulance trip to hospital. There I passed a clot the size of a large Easter egg. For me I count from that day.

Good luck, hoping for a new BFP for you xxx

I had spotting for a couple of days before I started actively bleeding/cramping which is when I count my miscarriage. It took me a few days before I passed a clot, and when I finished bleeding (5 or 6 days) I got a negative test.

I hope your symptoms are a bfp!! Good luck!

Myself consider day one of bleeding as cd1... but that could be medically way off :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->