McDonald's milkshake yes or no to them

Babybumpdec

one liitle girl and boy x
Reaction score
Hiya I'm just wondering weather it is safe to drink the milkshakes from McDonald's midwife didn't say not to when I went for booking appointment but I've read your not allowed them when pregnant xx

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be allowed them? I just eat normally when pregnant and just avoid the real obvious stuff.

I think they're technically a no because of the cleanliness of the ice cream and milkshake machines. Buuuut I still drink them.

It's because of the soft serve in them. I still have had them though!

It's because they contain soft ice cream which is unsafe in pregnancy but McDonald's ice cream is perfectly safe according to my midwife as its pasteurised. I've drunk them when pregnant lots of times.

Well, technically it is a no for worries of listeria contamination in the soft serve machine. But chances of that happening? Pretty low.

As a rule, I use common sense.

If its raw, or has a higher than normal risk of being contaminated, I don't eat it.

Enjoy!

I have been having very strong dairy aversions since day 1 but a mcd's milkshake sounds sooooo good.

I don't know if it is the same but I drank the ones from Sonic all the time with Evelyn and Logan.

Listeria isn't an issue as it's pasteurised, bacteria is the problem. I have had the misfortune (or fortune depending on how you look at it) of seeing inside the soft serve machines when they've needed repairing. It's not pretty. And by that I mean it's disgusting. Mould and I guess old milky sludge build up inside the tubes that run from where the ice cream is to the dispenser nozzle at the front. They top it up with new ice cream mix regularly but they don't flush out the tubes or clean inside the dispenser nozzle every time they fill the machine up. Same goes for the soft drink dispensers, except to me that's not as bad as a dairy machine. Not saying they all don't clean their machines regularly but I'd be surprised if many do. I've been scarred for life.

Pippylu the mcdonalds I worked at cleaned theres everyday. They were quite particular about hygene

Pippylu the mcdonalds I worked at cleaned theres everyday. They were quite particular about hygene
That's good to hear darkriver! I think it depends on the franchisee or the manager/staff as to how vigilant each store is. I saw enough to decide I'd skip the soft serve at all stores, just in case.

I've drank quite a few mcds milkshakes! I've also had mcflurrys x

The mcdonalds i worked in cleaned theres but not in the offical way. The machines are very easy to 'cowboy' clean. Its the one thing id 100% avoid during pregnancy

Obviously ipur all gonna do as u want really but there r recommendations of what I don't eat for a reason, mcds ice cream and milkshakes r no for s reason. Yes the chance of anything bad happening might be low but what if next time it is actually u and ur baby? Xx

I would say No but don't think its a huge deal if you are really craving one. I would avoid all things fast food. I know it can be hard and there advertisements are tempting but just say NO. LOL Try to make your own shake at home. Make hubby do it

Obviously ipur all gonna do as u want really but there r recommendations of what I don't eat for a reason, mcds ice cream and milkshakes r no for s reason. Yes the chance of anything bad happening might be low but what if next time it is actually u and ur baby? Xx

I think the issue is conflicting Information from health professionals. The advice ive always received is no soft serve except for McDonalds ice cream which is perfectly safe. Yet I have friends who were told the opposite. I have friends who were told no soft scoop at all, and friends who were even told that vanilla flavouring is dangerous in pregnancy. Where as my midwife said vanilla flavouring is perfectly safe. I follow instructions to letter with what I can can't eat, I refuse to put my child in any danger, but if professionals tell you it's safe then surely women are going to listen? It's hard to know when so much different advice is given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->